Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

McMaster couch sale

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Buckle up boys. We're going to war!
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Buckle up boys. We're going to war!

With Russia? Happy?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:
    More guns in Russian families will surely secure their liberties in the face of Putinism.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Gwad said:
    More guns in Russian families will surely secure their liberties in the face of Putinism.
    I see what you did there.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Gwad said:
    Look, I don't pretend for a moment that I'm a brighter guy than Ambassador Bolton - I'm just a shitty pretend sales guy with a BA from a shitty Public Ivy and he has a BA and JD from Yale - but I still laffed my ass off watching this video. I mean for fuck's sake, who in their right mind thinks that Russia's woes which stem from no tradition of liberal democracy have anything to do with their lack of a 2nd Amendment?
    Them's fightin' words boy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gwad said:
    Look, I don't pretend for a moment that I'm a brighter guy than Ambassador Bolton - I'm just a shitty pretend sales guy with a BA from a shitty Public Ivy and he has a BA and JD from Yale - but I still laffed my ass off watching this video. I mean for fuck's sake, who in their right mind thinks that Russia's woes which stem from no tradition of liberal democracy have anything to do with their lack of a 2nd Amendment?
    Them's fightin' words boy.
    I tend to steer clear of tustling with the loggin' camp rednecks around here.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,733

Gwad said:
    Lack of a 2nd gets you a death penalty in a gulag. Certainly the case in the past. Probably not so much now but the red menace is still pretty strong there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Gwad said:
    Lack of a 2nd gets you a death penalty in a gulag. Certainly the case in the past. Probably not so much now but the red menace is still pretty strong there.
    False. 500 years of tyrants, serfdom, and absolute monarchy get you the form of governance which you describe. Our liberties (as former Englishmen) are derived from the ideas held by a certain segment of the English population in the 1600's that absolute monarchy was bullshit and parliament should be the supreme power. The elites in Russia for centuries were a bunch of sycophant pussies who were to dumb to contemplate another form of governance. Superior political ideas and the culture of the Enlightenment (e.g., John Locke, Adam Smith, etc) are why we became free and the Russians did not. Protestant tradition also had a great deal to do with this as contrasted with the more hierarchical Roman Catholic and Orthodox states.
    You are effectively trying to explain quantum physics to a retard. Stop.
    It's not quantum physics. This is basic 11th grade US history type stuff.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,733
    edited March 2018
    I'll simplify for those lacking. Totalitarian governments of all types exist because they do not allow the populace to possess arms. Our revolution was kicked off by the British marching on Concord and Lexington to sieze the colonists powder and arms stores.

Millions of dead people can't be wrong.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Gwad said:
    False. 500 years of tyrants, serfdom, and absolute monarchy get you the form of governance which you describe. Our liberties (as former Englishmen) are derived from the ideas held by a certain segment of the English population in the 1600's that absolute monarchy was bullshit and parliament should be the supreme power. The elites in Russia for centuries were a bunch of sycophant pussies who were to dumb to contemplate another form of governance. Superior political ideas and the culture of the Enlightenment (e.g., John Locke, Adam Smith, etc) are why we became free and the Russians did not. Protestant tradition also had a great deal to do with this as contrasted with the more hierarchical Roman Catholic and Orthodox states.
    You are effectively trying to explain quantum physics to a retard. Stop.
    It's not quantum physics. This is basic 11th grade US history type stuff.

Not. For. Him.

HTH
  • Options
    Sledog said:

I'll simplify for those lacking. Totalitarian governments of all types exist because they do not allow the populace to possess arms. Our revolution was kicked off by the British marching on Concord and Lexington to sieze the colonists powder and arms stores.

I rest my case.

#retardsdontgetphysics
  • Options

Sledog said:

In England in the mid - 1600's there was no "right to bear arms" (that didn't come until 1689 with the English Bill of Rights). In Russia in the 1600's there was no right bear arms either. Yet, in both countries there were plenty of swords, pikes and matchlocks floating about. Somehow the English managed to overthrow their monarch BEFORE having their 2nd Amendment. The Russians and their elites of the time couldn't even began to contemplate something like overthrowing the Czars because they sucked.

We are free country because we are a nation founded by Englishmen. Ideas matter more than the guns which are just a tool. The guns aren't worth shit unless paired with the right ideas and culture. If you'd like an example of what armed paramilitary groups with shitty ideas look like, see the NSDAP and Bolsheviks.
    I admire your spunk, but Jeebus.

#lostcause

#retardscantlern

#physics4retards