Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Locker the next Stanback?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

When the left was talking about taking the country back from Bush

Don't recall that being a mantra... "take the country back" was not a common phrase then.

It's ok Race, I know Racism is a touchy subject for you. Passion can't look at Passionism objectively either.
    Yes it was whether you recall it or not. Its fucking politics. If Obama wasn't a hapless loser like Ty you wouldn't need this half ass defense of him. Speaking of power dynamics this country elected him twice. Get a fucking clue. I'm glad our son isn't a whiny ass guilty white piece if shit. We raised a proud and successful Black man who wouldn't give some cracker a second thought. Yeah I am sensitive on it. Any more help from whitey liberal may kill the race
    So having a mother AND a father involved in a kid's life is key in raising a successful young male? That seems racist, and perhaps homophobic. How dare you?! 75% of black kids without dads around certainly couldn't be an issue. To suggest it is an issue would be racist
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    A quick tip: if you want to make something obviously not racist just say your are black when poasting (because then no chance what you say can be racist.)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Don't recall that being a mantra... "take the country back" was not a common phrase then.

It's ok Race, I know Racism is a touchy subject for you. Passion can't look at Passionism objectively either.
    Yes it was whether you recall it or not. Its fucking politics. If Obama wasn't a hapless loser like Ty you wouldn't need this half ass defense of him. Speaking of power dynamics this country elected him twice. Get a fucking clue. I'm glad our son isn't a whiny ass guilty white piece if shit. We raised a proud and successful Black mulatto man who wouldn't give some cracker a second thought. Yeah I am sensitive on it. Any more help from whitey liberal may kill the race
    Is this racist?
    RedBone
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

A quick tip: if you want to make something obviously not racist just say your are black when poasting (because then no chance what you say can be racist.)

I was considering changing my handle to BlackJ for this exact reason.

Plus, the jerseys.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Shit. Unleashed. Belongs.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Mad_Son said:

Yes it was whether you recall it or not. Its fucking politics. If Obama wasn't a hapless loser like Ty you wouldn't need this half ass defense of him. Speaking of power dynamics this country elected him twice. Get a fucking clue. I'm glad our son isn't a whiny ass guilty white piece if shit. We raised a proud and successful Black man who wouldn't give some cracker a second thought. Yeah I am sensitive on it. Any more help from whitey liberal may kill the race
    So having a mother AND a father involved in a kid's life is key in raising a successful young male? That seems racist, and perhaps homophobic. How dare you?! 75% of black kids without dads around certainly couldn't be an issue. To suggest it is an issue would be racist
    Before we even begin to figure out if you're racist or not could we get some facts in here? You know, besides the terrific anecdotal evidence of someone hiding behind a keyboard claiming his kid is so great. I'd just like to see some evidence other than the Adam Carolla talking point you've chosen to regurgitate. Oh and show causation. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

When the left was talking about taking the country back from Bush was it thinly veiled racism? Get a fucking clue and grow up and learn the difference between racism and politics. What a whiny cunt. Criticizing Ty was racist too. After all he was a great fucking coach

Molder of Men, as well, as this bitch patted himself on the back because we had 3 black coaches at UW.
    Take a bow, bitch. You clearly are ageless, and blissfully ignorant.
    What.a.cunt
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

Bill Cosby approves this message.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Yeah I am sensitive on it.
    That was supposed to be a joke since your handle is Race. Race... Racism... Race... Racism...
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Mad_Son said:

Maybe not a mantra but it was said plenty... here are a few examples:

1) In declaring his run for the presidency, Howard Dean told a crowd in Burlington, Vermont, "You have the power to take our county back!" A little more than half a year later, when Dean was ousted from the Democratic primary, he said the same thing once again. Nine days later, he again said "I'll be doing everything that I can to make sure that John Kerry and John Edwards take this country back."

sources: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=yQ0hAAAAIBAJ&sjid=E3UFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1331,3070253

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/28/us/media-message-excerpts-speeches-broad-variety-issues-convention-boston.html

2) Howard Dean also wrote the book "You have the power: How to Take Back Our Country" (2004) and "Winning Back America" (2003) neither books have ever been mentioned as being racist.

3) Hillary Clinton started out her 2008 presidential run by stating whe would "take our country back"

Source: http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SJ&s_site=mercurynews&p_multi=SJ&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=111FFEB411A39448&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

4) In 2006 after midterm elections Chuck Schumer stated "We really care about taking our country back... so far, sooo good."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/dems-hail-chuck-new-star-fight-country-back-article-1.596379

5) Democrat strategist James Carville and Paul Begala coauthored a book prior to the 2008 election titled "Take it back: A battle plan for democratic victory"

6) Katrina Heuvel (editor for the far left magazine The Nation) wrote a book titled "taking back America" in 2004

7) Liberal talk show host, Thom Hartmann titled his book from 2004 "We the People; A call to take back America"

There is no validity to the argument that "taking back america/our country/any fucking thing" is racist... "Taking back (Blank)" was done extensively by democrats/liberals/the left prior to the obama election and it was done by many others after the obama election.

The fact that all of your sources are people involved in politics I find to be not meaningful. I recognize that either political party will always want to wrest control back from the other. It is when the layvoter is frothy mouthed shouting to take the country back that it is a different level.

I am quite impressed you found so many examples so readily, even with Google.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Mad_Son said:

Before we even begin to figure out if you're racist or not could we get some facts in here? You know, besides the terrific anecdotal evidence of someone hiding behind a keyboard claiming his kid is so great. I'd just like to see some evidence other than the Adam Carolla talking point you've chosen to regurgitate. Oh and show causation. Thanks in advance.
    I might be wrong about our kid being great but to say I was misleading anyone about it is more wrong
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

It's been studied many times. There are thousands of articles on it.

thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com/statistics/

theroot.com/buzz/72-percent-african-american-children-born-unwed-mothers
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Mad_Son said:

Lets start with the very first statistic in your very first link.

63% of youth suicides come from children in fatherless homes. 5 times the average. Startling numbers indeed.

Since your link provides no links or reference to timeline we'll use 2005 found here http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html#2005 if you'd like to use another year by all means.

In 2005 youths accounted for 4212 suicides. White youth suicides totaled 3540. Black youth suicides totaled 437. Clearly this is an issue the black community must deal with. 437 is slightly over 10% or not even fucking close to the 63% figure. Cant imagine why people call racism when you say this is a black people problem and the first number on the first link you provide has almost nothing to do with black people.

Lets take a look at another number your first link provided. 80% of "angry rapists" (is there any other kind?) come from fatherless homes. This study was done in 1978. Thanks for being current. In fact pretty much every statistic in your first links comes from 1992 and before. This is important not only because I asked for evidence and you provided out of date statistics but because during that time crime rates and single parent rates were both on the rise. Now however crime rates have fallen off dramatically while single parent rates have continued to go up. We'll call that a conundrum from you.

Even if all of the numbers provided in your terrible link were legit and current they fail to show causation. Something I pretty clearly asked for. You've stated that single parent homes specifically are the problem, they cause this and we need to have a frank discussion on it. So please with your next link be able to show causation. It is what you've claimed. If you're having trouble understanding what causation is please PM Race. He's an expert.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Lets start with the very first statistic in your very first link.

63% of youth suicides come from children in fatherless homes. 5 times the average. Startling numbers indeed.

Since your link provides no links or reference to timeline we'll use 2005 found here http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html#2005 if you'd like to use another year by all means.

In 2005 youths accounted for 4212 suicides. White youth suicides totaled 3540. Black youth suicides totaled 437. Clearly this is an issue the black community must deal with. 437 is slightly over 10% or not even fucking close to the 63% figure. Cant imagine why people call racism when you say this is a black people problem and the first number on the first link you provide has almost nothing to do with black people.

Lets take a look at another number your first link provided. 80% of "angry rapists" (is there any other kind?) come from fatherless homes. This study was done in 1978. Thanks for being current. In fact pretty much every statistic in your first links comes from 1992 and before. This is important not only because I asked for evidence and you provided out of date statistics but because during that time crime rates and single parent rates were both on the rise. Now however crime rates have fallen off dramatically while single parent rates have continued to go up. We'll call that a conundrum from you.

Even if all of the numbers provided in your terrible link were legit and current they fail to show causation. Something I pretty clearly asked for. You've stated that single parent homes specifically are the problem, they cause this and we need to have a frank discussion on it. So please with your next link be able to show causation. It is what you've claimed. If you're having trouble understanding what causation is please PM Race. He's an expert.
    Well, then it must be Bush's fault.

What you fail to grasp is that broken up families hurt kids of every race. The issue with black's in particular is that around 65% of the families have an absent parent. That number is about 25% for whites. We also know that the overall crime rate for whites is about equal to the percentage of their population. For blacks it's over twice the % of their population. We also know that single parent families are more likely to live in poverty. We also now that higher percentage of crimes are committed by young men in poverty than those not in poverty.

You can do the research and the math... Intact families, education, taking responsibly for your kids well being, being involved and present.. All give kids a better chance at staying out of trouble and becoming contributing members of society. Asians seemed to have it figured out.

Or you can keep saying there is no causation and we can pretend the problem is the George Zimmerman types and get our bullhorns out and rip shit up.

• Options
    Bush, Zimmerman, New Black Panther party. Do you have anything else that's not relevant to the discussion? Didn't you call for an honest discussion earlier in this thread? Is your idea of an honest discussion constantly throwing out things that have nothing to do with the topic?

The reason I asked for evidence (and would still like some that wasn't a bunch of studies from the 1980s) is because every number, every study, can be contradicted. For example a 2011 study showed that black teens were less likely to use drugs than white teens 39% to 32% http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1082219 This is odd considering the fact that a much higher percentage of blacks live in a single parent home compared to whites. The reason why is because there is no causation.

A higher percentage of crimes are committed by young men in poverty. A higher percentage of black men live in poverty. Blacks are arrested on drug charges at higher rates than whites even though they engage in drug offenses at similar rates. Perhaps you can explain how that's because of single parents and the lack of racism.

I know it makes sense in your head. Two parents > One parent. But making sense in your head doesn't make something so. You have to be able to prove things. And one shitty link to studies that are decades old does not do that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Bush, Zimmerman, New Black Panther party. Do you have anything else that's not relevant to the discussion? Didn't you call for an honest discussion earlier in this thread? Is your idea of an honest discussion constantly throwing out things that have nothing to do with the topic?

The reason I asked for evidence (and would still like some that wasn't a bunch of studies from the 1980s) is because every number, every study, can be contradicted. For example a 2011 study showed that black teens were less likely to use drugs than white teens 39% to 32% http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1082219 This is odd considering the fact that a much higher percentage of blacks live in a single parent home compared to whites. The reason why is because there is no causation.

A higher percentage of crimes are committed by young men in poverty. A higher percentage of black men live in poverty. Blacks are arrested on drug charges at higher rates than whites even though they engage in drug offenses at similar rates. Perhaps you can explain how that's because of single parents and the lack of racism.

I know it makes sense in your head. Two parents > One parent. But making sense in your head doesn't make something so. You have to be able to prove things. And one shitty link to studies that are decades old does not do that.

What's your answer? Bullhorn screaming about Zimmerman?

So lets ignore the fact that there is a high correlation between broken families and kids in trouble because it might be whitey's fault. That gets votes and keeps the machine in place that keeps the cycle going and keeps people as victims and forever enslaved to the system.

Address the gang culture that glorifies violence. How? By encouraging a philosophy or reason. Value education. Value family. Value community. Value productive work. Or we can scream about whitey.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Contrary to the news headlines of the day, I believe that racism in this country is far less prevalent than what is depicted in the MSM.

And you are way off. The shit that I've heard and that has been said around the country is mind blowing. One small example - I have an uncle that lives in Chelan. Well, a kid at a local elementary school got into trouble because he said his dad expressed a belief about what should happen to the ni__er Obama.

Several high schools in the south still have separate proms (rent the movie "Prom Night in Mississippi").

Two different friends of mine that attended the University of Virginia and Duke University talked about the "N" word being used frequently at parties when only whites are around.

If you don't think a lot of the messages being said by "conservative" commentators about Obama are thinly-veiled racist comments, then you're blind or you're not being honest. Comments like "take our country back," and "he's not one of us" are pretty obvious. There are plenty of websites you can access if you want more examples.

The last thing I will say is that a white man sitting in the state of Washington is in no position to judge racism in the rest of the United States.

My ex-wife grew up in Tennessee and went to a high school that had 2 proms. When she told me this, I called bullshit but she explained it that both sides, white and black wanted their own proms.

At least in my one example, it shows that are issues on both fucking sides of this.

So white people use the "N" word when blacks aren't around. And Trayvon Martin is the only black kid to use the term "cracker" or "cracka" and therefore it's not evidence that all races are biased in some form. No, it's only white people that are racists because some of them at 2 different universities used the "N" word.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you can't see that a prom in Mississippi shows the power structure of white racism then our Black President and Attorney General are going to get you on trumped up charges for a show trial