Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Senior Bowl DWAGS

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Looks like kaleb made some money this week

He could definitely sneak into the first round. We all know he'll do well at the combine, too.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dominates other prospects/combine.

Disappears against Bama/Pedo/tOSU.

But that's none of my business
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Those are three of the top 5 recruiting schools right now. We can't gameplan against their best players, because their next guys are also legit blue chips we can't ignore. Can't say the same for our roster right now.

Look how much our secondary struggled without Rapp. Look how much our DL struggled with Vea gone and Gaines getting double teamed. Look how much our passing game struggled without Beast.

That's why we need several blue chips at every position. Of course Gaines isn't going to go off against blue blood team O-lines with no one around him to free him up, and no one to rotate in for him.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

I think all our guys improved their draft stock. Great to see them all do well and get noticed!

Fuck that noise - I like to boo the kids!!!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Disappears? An offensive lineman disappeared? Oh no.

Do you specifically recall McGary getting abused? Have clips that show it?

You just come across as a half ass football fan who's unable to separate one player from overall team results. That's fine elsewhere, but really worthless in a thread like this which is all about individuals. Post better Doogles.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Doogles said:

You just come across as a half ass football fan who's unable to separate one player from overall team results. That's fine elsewhere, but really worthless in a thread like this which is all about individuals. Post better Doogles.
    Fuck you Chuck, OL has been anything but dominant in big games. No running lanes, heavy QB pressure, etc.

It's frustrating to see all these guys ball out on an individual level at camps but can't do it on the field for the Dawgs when it matters.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

chuck said:

Doogles said:

Fuck you Chuck, OL has been anything but dominant in big games. No running lanes, heavy QB pressure, etc.

It's frustrating to see all these guys ball out on an individual level at camps but can't do it on the field for the Dawgs when it matters.
    Ok.

This is about McGary and his draft stock not the OL performance as a whole. Your post was senseless and out of place.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

He could definitely sneak into the first round. We all know he'll do well at the combine, too.
    Three first rounders for UW? Hmmmm?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Kaleb Mcgary. Just find it interesting we have these dominant players on the lines but haven't owned the line of scrimmage in our big games.

More of an indictment on the coaching than anything. Jesus.
  • Options

Kaleb McGary is one of the best offensive lineman we've ever had! Fucking appreciate him! I can't stand stupid ass people that are like "the offense sucked so the O-line must have sucked." We actually had a really good O-line this past season and McGary was the best lineman in the conference and performed well against every opponent his entire career and never missed a game. I can't think of one fucking game that ever had me like "man McGary had a tough game tonight." Not one, after he was the starter for 4-years. He's a UW legend.

Felt like he had more penalties than I expected this season but otherwise I was happy with his performance.
    They were bullshit penalties and most came against BYU. He was throwing guys to ground in pass pro and abusing them and the stupid ass refs kept calling it holding. He didn't give up a sack all season that I can remember and mauled people in the run game. He's a freak. Hall of Fame potential.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I like Kaleb Mcgary. Just find it interesting we have these dominant players on the lines but haven't owned the line of scrimmage in our big games.

They did against Ohio State. There was plenty of room for the backs to run and there was a lot of meat left on that bone. Browning had plenty of time to throw the ball. He was just that bad and Hamdan refused to put the game in Gaskins hands until it was too little too late. O-line played well enough to win. You could say the same thing about every game all season. That was a good O-line. Not elite, but good. Next season there's no excuses, they should be dominant.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

They did against Ohio State. There was plenty of room for the backs to run and there was a lot of meat left on that bone. Browning had plenty of time to throw the ball. He was just that bad and Hamdan refused to put the game in Gaskins hands until it was too little too late. O-line played well enough to win. You could say the same thing about every game all season. That was a good O-line. Not elite, but good. Next season there's no excuses, they should be dominant.
    Hamdan called games like he was scared. Interesting though that over use of the passing game was his go-to when he was most nervous. Even Sark would usually lean heavily on the run when games were in doubt.

I haven't given up on Petersen correcting this.
  • Options

Three first rounders for UW? Hmmmm?
    Unfortunately I think Rapp will be undervalued like Budda was.