Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Patterson, 3* 2019 TE, Gilbert (Perry), AZ (OFFERED - 12/2/18)

Comments

• Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Matt Lubick and Chris Strausser have just as many TE commits on the roster as Paopao does. Do those two men still work for UDUB?

why u hate on devin culp
    Devin was such a fuckin' pussy at prep. Worked out with him twice, nothing but curls and skull srushers the whole time, UW beat work ethic into him.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Eklund now saying Patterson is Air Force bound because UW isnt pushing that hard. Then he writes an essay about how UW must not want him because going to Air Force makes no sense. Patterson couldn't be a fighter pilot due to his height, which, according to Eklund, is the "cool job" and the only reason anyone would attend AFA

I thought he was going to Ale-bama.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019
    Perry (Gilbert, Az.) TE Kyle Patterson - It's hard to say, but right now, I don't see UW getting Patterson. Chris Petersen is holding off on his in-home with Patterson. Right now, I believe that Air Force will be the choice, however, some of that might be due to Washington not feeling like he's the right fit. That might sound "convenient", but think about it, he visits UW shortly before the mid-year Signing Period and he doesn't commit and sign with them? As a TE at Air Force, he's not going to be able to do much except catch a handful of passes each year and be a blocker. At Washington, he could be both. There's a lot more involved with being at AFA than there is being a Student Athlete at Washington. The schedule is intense, the work-load/academic-load is even more intense and most football players don't even start out on the main campus. Most go to Air Force Prep for a year where they essentially redshirt/greyshirt, practice, but are not available to play. Also, he won't be able to fly fighter jets at his size. He can still be a pilot, but it wouldn't be the "cool factor" of him being a fighter pilot. I get the feeling that UW might have determined that a guy they already have on campus might be the same type of player as Patterson and that might be why they aren't going as hard after him as they had been. Jack Westover was a walk-on from Mount Si last summer and I know the coaches loved him. A big reason he wasn't more highly recruited was because he struggled to say healthy, but he is a heck of an athlete and he's someone the coaches think could eventually wind up with a scholarship. His development might be a reason they aren't going as hard after Patterson as they might have at one point.
    https://247sports.com/college/washington/Player/Kyle-Patterson-46056237/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Westover-46052607/

Jack Westover, future HOF.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019

Like they didn't know what they had in Jack Westover when they offered and tripped Patterson last month?

No shit. And I really don't see the comparison. Westover is a 6'2-6'4 (depending on where you're looking) walk-on TE while Patterson is a 6'6-6'7 Stanford style TE who was offered by Bama. I'll trust the coaches on this one, but I don't want to. We better be landing some hogs in 2020 if we don't land Patterson.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Patterson was plan c or d. We need to land Patterson and elite talent next year. It’s not either or.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    JFC, if the coaches decide to pass on the TE position this class to address more pressing needs that fine. But it damn for sure isn't because of Jack Westover. Doogiest shit I've ever seen.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

JFC, if the coaches decide to pass on the TE position this class to address more pressing needs that fine. But it damn for sure isn't because of Jack Westover. Doogiest shit I've ever seen.

I thought you said Patterson was going to be amazing and you’d rather have him than Jude Wolfe?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

I thought you said Patterson was going to be amazing and you’d rather have him than Jude Wolfe?
    Hear we go...
  • Options

I did and he is. What did I say that at all makes you think I contradicted myself. Patterson is really fucking good and I want him in this class but if the coaches feel like they need to take Heimuli and some more DBs over him that's fine. Only they know how many scholarships they have to work with.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

I did and he is. What did I say that at all makes you think I contradicted myself. Patterson is really fucking good and I want him in this class but if the coaches feel like they need to take Heimuli and some more DBs over him that's fine. Only they know how many scholarships they have to work with.

Bruh if hes considering Air Force this seriously & the coaches to told him to fuck off, I don’t think he’s a better prospect than Jude Wolfe. I also look at who was offered months in advanced because that’s reasonable & follows logic but as we learned recently, you don’t think timing of offers matters when it comes to who the coaches are actually recruiting, refer to Noa Pola-Gates.

Do you think te coaches would take Jude Wolfe if he called them, no matter what the fuck Hammer was doing?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Bruh if hes considering Air Force this seriously & the coaches to told him to fuck off, I don’t think he’s a better prospect than Jude Wolfe. I also look at who was offered months in advanced because that’s reasonable & follows logic but as we learned recently, you don’t think timing of offers matters when it comes to who the coaches are actually recruiting, refer to Noa Pola-Gates.

Do you think te coaches would take Jude Wolfe if he called them, no matter what the fuck Hammer was doing?
    He has offers from Chris Petersen, Chip Kelly, and Nick Saban. Those are three top-5 coaches in college football and he was previously some under the radar, 3-star kid from Arizona. He's better than Jude Wolfe. Wolfe is good, but he's not as fast as Patterson and he's a stiff straight line runner with the ball in his hands. He has no wiggle or elusiveness with the ball in his hands like Patterson does. If Patterson chooses Air Force it's because he values a military career more than a potential NFL career.

I don't understand the obsession with Wolfe like he was some big loss for UW or he's some elite TE prospect. He's not. This past Spring he felt like he didn't have a committable offer from UW and that made his decision to go to USC easier. Priot to his USC commitment, UW had to do damage control and tell him that wasn't true but the damage was already done because he probably was true. He was never a big priority and the TE position has never been a big priority this class. Petersen has been waffling back and forth about whether or not he wants to take a TE in this class and that has hampered Paopao's ability to go after guys hard. Even in the last month of this cycle it is still unclear if UW wants to take a TE or not. Right now it looks like they have the ILB and DB positions prioritized over TE.

Why do you keep bringing up Noa Pola-Gates? UW recruited him for like two weeks. Then he quickly fell down or off the board. Happens all the time. Him being offered early doesn't mean he's more talented than guys offered late. Just means he was on the radar earlier. Same with Mathew Pola-Mao who was offered before all of our DT commits. You think Pola-Mao is more talented than Sama Paama?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ballz struggling Hondo style
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I thought.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes