Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2014 Schedule Announced

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    The off season NC is alive and well!!!!!!
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Where is the annual 3 game losing streak at?

Check USC's schedule.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Anything less than a loss in the national championship is a complete failure. Malzahn set the standard.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

@Arizona is not a trap game. It's a very tough game that I wouldn't be surprised if we are underdogs in. Anything more than 3 losses is a failure. @Oregon, @Arizona, and UCLA are the three toughest games imo.

Nah, Denker graduates and Arizona is green at QB next season, and I mean, bad.

I don't think they have a QB on roster that has taken a collegiate snap, not 100% certain on that though.

And with Carey most likely entering the draft, they have some shit to figure out.

I actually think that ASU home game following our game at U0 will be more difficult. We haven't beaten Sparky in a long fucking time.

ASU loses 8 starters on defense and 5 on offense. If Bradford goes pro thats 9 on defense. Offense they lose Grice, Coyle & two OL. I don't think they've recruited well enough in past years to expect more than 7-8 wins at best. Their last class was good and this one will be good.

Arizona has recruited decently under Rich Rod but they still have to replace the QB, probably Carey and who knows the status of the WR who tore his ACL in spring. Their defense definitely improved but has to replace 5 starters.

Stanford at home may be tougher than @Arizona. Stanford does lose Gaffney, Yankey, Skov, Murphy notably. But they have recruited very well in recent years. We will be favored in that game.

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

@Arizona is not a trap game. It's a very tough game that I wouldn't be surprised if we are underdogs in. Anything more than 3 losses is a failure. @Oregon, @Arizona, and UCLA are the three toughest games imo.

I don't think they have a QB on roster that has taken a collegiate snap, not 100% certain on that though.

And with Carey most likely entering the draft, they have some shit to figure out.

I actually think that ASU home game following our game at U0 will be more difficult. We haven't beaten Sparky in a long fucking time.

ASU loses 8 starters on defense and 5 on offense. If Bradford goes pro thats 9 on defense. Offense they lose Grice, Coyle & two OL. I don't think they've recruited well enough in past years to expect more than 7-8 wins at best. Their last class was good and this one will be good.

Arizona has recruited decently under Rich Rod but they still have to replace the QB, probably Carey and who knows the status of the WR who tore his ACL in spring. Their defense definitely improved but has to replace 5 starters.

Stanford at home may be tougher than @Arizona. Stanford does lose Gaffney, Yankey, Skov, Murphy notably. But they have recruited very well in recent years. We will be favored in that game.

WOW their D is getting gutted.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    JMC:

"Northwest Championship?"

We have a coach that can deliver results better than a fucking Northwest Championship.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They had THAT many senior starters and still managed to shit the bed in their bowl game against a 7-5 team?

Christ.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    uw2010 said:

16-0

13 regular season. Pac-12 championship, 2 bowl playoff wins.

-Math superiority guy.
    Fuck. Forgot that we will have a 4 team playoff instead of a 2 team playoff.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Biggest thing w/ Oregon is that they actually have to play people this year before they play us. We know that they tend to get in trouble later in the year as their QB starts to get beat up. This year before they play us they have to play Michigan St (super physical defense), Arizona (who they almost always struggle with), and UCLA (week before they play us).

I'm not worried about AZ. We will murder them at Autzen for the black eye they gave us in 2013. I'm very worried about Michigan State. I'm even more worried about Helfrich and Frost's sloppy ass offense. You guys don't seem worried enough about Stanford. Though they will lose a lot of their monsters they will still be a beast to contend with. If Mariota gets his annual injury and starts playing like a pussy we'll lose somewhere along the way. Eventually we'll have to drop a game to WA. I hope it's not this year.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Biggest thing w/ Oregon is that they actually have to play people this year before they play us. We know that they tend to get in trouble later in the year as their QB starts to get beat up. This year before they play us they have to play Michigan St (super physical defense), Arizona (who they almost always struggle with), and UCLA (week before they play us).

I'm not worried about AZ. We will murder them at Autzen for the black eye they gave us in 2013. I'm very worried about Michigan State. I'm even more worried about Helfrich and Frost's sloppy ass offense. You guys don't seem worried enough about Stanford. Though they will lose a lot of their monsters they will still be a beast to contend with. If Mariota gets his annual injury and starts playing like a pussy we'll lose somewhere along the way. Eventually we'll have to drop a game to WA. I hope it's not this year.
    I doubt it's this year with mariotta. Next year is probably a better bet
  • Options
    I respect Stanford plenty - in my mind we don't have a single easy home game next year. That being said, I also expect that we'll win our home games.

For as good as Stanford was this year, they still lost 2 road games in the conference. I don't expect the 2014 version of Stanford to be better than the 2013 version.

Hogan is a good QB but Shaw doesn't often turn his QBs loose - not even Andrew Luck. We've shown a general ability to contain their running game.

We lost the game this year due to special teams, penalties, and lack of red zone execution. I expect that we'll be better in this regard with the coaching change in general.

This will be the first opportunity for a signature win for the program under Petersen, I expect that he'll seize the opportunity.

I think we'll win the game going away in the 4th quarter ... say 35-17.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    Tequilla said:

I respect Stanford plenty - in my mind we don't have a single easy home game next year. That being said, I also expect that we'll win our home games.

For as good as Stanford was this year, they still lost 2 road games in the conference. I don't expect the 2014 version of Stanford to be better than the 2013 version.

Hogan is a good QB but Shaw doesn't often turn his QBs loose - not even Andrew Luck. We've shown a general ability to contain their running game.

We lost the game this year due to special teams, penalties, and lack of red zone execution. I expect that we'll be better in this regard with the coaching change in general.

This will be the first opportunity for a signature win for the program under Petersen, I expect that he'll seize the opportunity.

I think we'll win the game going away in the 4th quarter ... say 35-17.

Well, there are the non conference games.

And its 34-17.
  • Options
    Have you not heard of the Lou Holtz School of Respecting Your Opponents?

And yes, I was referencing our conference games.

T's and P's to me for fucking up the rather easily ... I need to be more respectful of this fucking dreckfest.