Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2014 Schedule Announced

8/30 at Hawai'i
9/6 vs. E. Wash.
9/13 vs. Illinois
9/20 vs. Georgia St.
9/27 vs. Stanford
10/11 at Cal
10/18 at Ore
10/25 vs. ASU
11/1 at Colo
11/8 vs. UCLA
11/15 at Ariz
11/22 vs. OSU
11/29 at WSU

Could be 6-0 going into Autzen and 8-1 going into home game against UCLA.

This schedule is really setup favorably to make a run. Few tough games and they are all spread out.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where is the annual 3 game losing streak at?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You couldn't ask for a better schedule ... 3 of your 4 toughest games are at home ... spread out (as you mention) and you should definitely be fresh for your biggest divisional games against Stanford and Oregon.

The Arizona schools are set up to be trap games ... but the Cal and Colorado games are perfectly set up in the schedule.

Having regional/rivalry games against Oregon St and the Cougs where they are in the schedule should help us out a bit if we are in contention for a big finish.
  • Options

Where is the annual 3 game losing streak at?

Sark would find a way to fuck up the UCLA, @ Arizona, and Oregon State stretch.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Arizona is not a trap game. It's a very tough game that I wouldn't be surprised if we are underdogs in. Anything more than 3 losses is a failure. @Oregon, @Arizona, and UCLA are the three toughest games imo.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Way better setup than in past seasons. 'Bout fucking time.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Playing 2 days short of December is special.
  • Options
    Looks like for the first time since 2003 the annual three game losing streak won't happen.
  • Options
    @ Arizona is a trap game in the sense that if you can handle your business against Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA, you could be be looking at a 10-0 team heading down to Tucson. I could see us taking a bit of a deep breath and then finding ourselves in a dog fight in that game as of the 3 games to end the year, this is the game I'd expect that we'll lose if we lose one of them.

This schedule is really, really set up well for us.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

"Petersen had an easier schedule than Sark. That's why he went 11-2. If Sark was here, we would have been even better."

- Kim Grinolds CEO Doogman.com

"I'm hearing that you can break noses and still be a good person."

You have time machines?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    8/30 at Hawai'i WIN
    9/6 vs. E. Wash. WIN
    9/13 vs. Illinois WIN
    9/20 vs. Georgia St. WIN
    9/27 vs. Stanford LOSS
    10/11 at Cal WIN
    10/18 at Ore LOSS
    10/25 vs. ASU LOSS
    11/1 at Colo WIN
    11/8 vs. UCLA :LOSS
    11/15 at Ariz LOSS
    11/22 vs. OSU WIN
    11/29 at WSU LOSS
    that's the FAIR expectation according to PL_FS
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

@ Arizona is a trap game in the sense that if you can handle your business against Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA, you could be be looking at a 10-0 team heading down to Tucson. I could see us taking a bit of a deep breath and then finding ourselves in a dog fight in that game as of the 3 games to end the year, this is the game I'd expect that we'll lose if we lose one of them.

This schedule is really, really set up well for us.

I would bet Kim Grinold's mortgage that we won't be 10-0. I see your point though. I think it is more likely we have 1-2 losses at that point.

• Options
    I wouldn't bet that we'll be 10-0 either ...

But the reality is that our 4 toughest games of the year (if you use 2013 as an indicator) would be Stanford, Oregon, Arizona St, and UCLA. 3 of the 4 are at home.

Biggest thing w/ Oregon is that they actually have to play people this year before they play us. We know that they tend to get in trouble later in the year as their QB starts to get beat up. This year before they play us they have to play Michigan St (super physical defense), Arizona (who they almost always struggle with), and UCLA (week before they play us).

In contrast, we have a bye week and Cal the two weeks before playing Oregon. Not only should we be fresh for this game, but we should have ample time to transition from the smash mouth that we'll get from Stanford to the spread systems that we're going to see with Oregon and Arizona State.

This is the best chance that we've had to beat Oregon in the last 10 years in my opinion.

And I'll always expect that we're going to win our home games.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

@Arizona is not a trap game. It's a very tough game that I wouldn't be surprised if we are underdogs in. Anything more than 3 losses is a failure. @Oregon, @Arizona, and UCLA are the three toughest games imo.

Nah, Denker graduates and Arizona is green at QB next season, and I mean, bad.

I don't think they have a QB on roster that has taken a collegiate snap, not 100% certain on that though.

And with Carey most likely entering the draft, they have some shit to figure out.

I actually think that ASU home game following our game at U0 will be more difficult. We haven't beaten Sparky in a long fucking time.

• Options

Nah, Denker graduates and Arizona is green at QB next season, and I mean, bad.

I don't think they have a QB on roster that has taken a collegiate snap, not 100% certain on that though.

And with Carey most likely entering the draft, they have some shit to figure out.

I actually think that ASU home game following our game at U0 will be more difficult. We haven't beaten Sparky in a long fucking time.

We also haven't had a competent head coach in a long fucking time.
  • Options
    jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

You couldn't ask for a better schedule ... 3 of your 4 toughest games are at home ... spread out (as you mention) and you should definitely be fresh for your biggest divisional games against Stanford and Oregon.

The Arizona schools are set up to be trap games ... but the Cal and Colorado games are perfectly set up in the schedule.

Having regional/rivalry games against Oregon St and the Cougs where they are in the schedule should help us out a bit if we are in contention for a big finish Northwest Championship!!!!!11!!!.