Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alabama recruiters see “weaker” Pac-12 creating opportunity to strengthen Crimson Tide’s foothold

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Ouch. Where's the respect?

and they’ve [USC] kind of been a little up and down since Pete Carroll left.

That’s probably the No. 1 issue, and UCLA hasn’t been as strong as its been in certain years.

So those two powers that really ran the Pac-12 … those two are down, and Stanford has the limitations it has academically. Washington’s kind of moved up. It’s all changed. It’s a little weaker, a little more (opportunity) for national people to come in and take guys.”
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    UCLA has never ran the P-12 lol
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2019

Ouch. Where's the respect?

and they’ve [USC] kind of been a little up and down since Pete Carroll left.

That’s probably the No. 1 issue, and UCLA hasn’t been as strong as its been in certain years.

So those two powers that really ran the Pac-12 … those two are down, and Stanford has the limitations it has academically. Washington’s kind of moved up. It’s all changed. It’s a little weaker, a little more (opportunity) for national people to come in and take guys.”

ucla running the conference? The bruins last conference title was 20 years ago (1998). Washington has won 3 conference titles since then.

Well, we are talking about a bama level of intelligence here.

The sad thing is that morons like lupoi are good at recruiting kids that are susceptible to morons.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Banks is a Coug, of course he's going to throw shade at UW.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794

P12 Titles

USC 39
    Washington 17
    UCLA 17

Stanford 15
    California 14
    Oregon 11
    Oregon State 5
    Coug! 4
    Arizona State 3
    Arizona 1
    Idaho 1
    Colorado 0 –
    Utah 0 –
    Montana 0 –

Washington has a two game lead in Rose Bowls won, and the same amount of losses (7)

I'd have to say, you're right. USC is really the only team who has ever "run" this conference. The competition for most favored bitch program is tight, and sadly, Stanford is right in there as well.
    Worry about your coones! This didn’t fit my narrative! Fuck off!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

P12 Titles

USC 39
    Washington 17
    UCLA 17

Stanford 15
    California 14
    Oregon 11
    Oregon State 5
    Coug! 4
    Arizona State 3
    Arizona 1
    Idaho 1
    Colorado 0 –
    Utah 0 –
    Montana 0 –

Washington has a two game lead in Rose Bowls won, and the same amount of losses (7)

I'd have to say, you're right. USC is really the only team who has ever "run" this conference. The competition for most favored bitch program is tight, and sadly, Stanford is right in there as well.
    Cal is too high.

And Oregon State has more wins than Wazzu? Time to kick them out of the conference.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,780
    When did Arizona ever win the conference?

I believe (outside of Utah and Colorado) they are the only Pac-10 team to have never been to Pasadena on New Years Day.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

When did Arizona ever win the conference?

I believe (outside of Utah and Colorado) they are the only Pac-10 team to have never been to Pasadena on New Years Day.

I assume that includes "co championships", so they must have been a co champ one year.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

P12 Titles

USC 39
    Washington 17
    UCLA 17

Stanford 15
    California 14
    Oregon 11
    Oregon State 5
    Coug! 4
    Arizona State 3
    Arizona 1
    Idaho 1
    Colorado 0 –
    Utah 0 –
    Montana 0 –

Cal is too high.

And Oregon State has more wins than Wazzu? Time to kick them out of the conference.
    I'm just laffing because of Tosh's comment, which suggests that he correlates the conference being "down" with Washington being up. It was funny for historical reasons that we needn't get into.

There has always been this sense among Husky fans that their? rightful place is playing Queen to King USC. I think we? tend to forget that UCLA hasn't always been a shit show. They? were a consistent program under Terry Donahue and much closer overall to UW's entire body of work than people think. And Stanford is nipping on both your heels.

But when you add up the numbers, USC is embarrassingly along on top. More than twice the number of conference titled, and more than 3X the number of Rose Bowl wins. It really is their conference.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited January 2019
    Pac12 going to be back in big way in 2020...to you nerds here...go ahead and quote the zen master Pup. College football cyclical. This is the worst the Pac will ever be
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Pac12 going to be back in big way in 2020...to you nerds here...go ahead and quote the zen master Pup. College football cyclical. This is the worst the Pac will ever be