Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lubick Sells Couch

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

animate said:

animate said:

Business opportunity huh?

How Much was lubick making this year?

The weed business must be really lucrative.

The only people making money in the weed business right now are the retailers that run a tight ship. Maybe some analytical labs. Processors, no. Growers, hell no.

The stoners who got in early have essentially fucked up the sector. There will be consolidation and amalgamation now with business guys coming into the scene.

The next wave of the industry will be much better than the first phase.
    There’ll need to be licensing changes in Washington for that to happen effectively.
    Think globally. Washington is a test model.

You’ll be drinking a THC infused beverage in your local bar within 7 years. Maybe 5.

Constellation and InBev aren’t throwing money down a rathole.
    They already have THC infused tea and edibles out for the last year haven't they?
    I'm talking walking into your local pub and ordering up a vodka club soda with a shot of Sativa mixer.

The Magic 8 ball doesn't see the ability to light up a blunt in said pub but it also wouldn't surprise me if designated toking areas might be an option.
    This sounds amazing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,872
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:
    It's really too bad the sig pic doesn't feature that nice ass.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

animate said:

animate said:

The only people making money in the weed business right now are the retailers that run a tight ship. Maybe some analytical labs. Processors, no. Growers, hell no.

The stoners who got in early have essentially fucked up the sector. There will be consolidation and amalgamation now with business guys coming into the scene.

There’ll need to be licensing changes in Washington for that to happen effectively.

You’ll be drinking a THC infused beverage in your local bar within 7 years. Maybe 5.

They already have THC infused tea and edibles out for the last year haven't they?
    I'm talking walking into your local pub and ordering up a vodka club soda with a shot of Sativa mixer.

The Magic 8 ball doesn't see the ability to light up a blunt in said pub but it also wouldn't surprise me if designated toking areas might be an option.

btw, edibles are goddamned delicious.
    Doubt that's coming in 5 years. Consumption in public is illegal, let alone all the regulatory hurdles in place for alcohol, etc.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,872

animate said:

animate said:

Doubt that's coming in 5 years. Consumption in public is illegal, let alone all the regulatory hurdles in place for alcohol, etc.
    Just watch, my man. Keep an eye on the Canadians.

That said (JBS), save your pennies on speculative cannabis based stocks. There's a bubble coming and shakeout in the industry. It will look remarkably like beer/liquor companies - a limited number of macro brands and regional/craft type companies.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Roof says its in finance for what little that's worth

Hahaha finance in Colorado, hahhhahah. Since Colorado is the hot bed of the finance world
  • Options

Hahaha finance in Colorado, hahhhahah. Since Colorado is the hot bed of the finance world
    Being a football coach> finance guy
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

You can already take shots of CBD and get it poured into your beer at bottle shops in Portland.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

He’s not even in Denver which has a huge Schwab campus (I think it’s their headquarters not sure). He’s in fucking Fort Collins lol #SkoRams.

If I see him I’ll tell him to fuck off for not getting Ngata and Ford.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

animate said:

Just watch, my man. Keep an eye on the Canadians.

That said (JBS), save your pennies on speculative cannabis based stocks. There's a bubble coming and shakeout in the industry. It will look remarkably like beer/liquor companies - a limited number of macro brands and regional/craft type companies.

The only reason macro brands dominated the beer market was because of government limitations and licenses that were a hangover from prohibition. You can actually thank Jimmy Carter for deregulation and creating the microbrew market. Weed is even easier to micro produce. It's market already embraces home and boutique brands. No way will it be as oligopolist as the beer market.
  • Options

He’s not even in Denver which has a huge Schwab campus (I think it’s their headquarters not sure). He’s in fucking Fort Collins lol #SkoRams.

If I see him I’ll tell him to fuck off for not getting Ngata and Ford.
    Say it to his face
    I will
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 2019

I wouldn’t mind seeing Tui as the WR coach. Wonder if he would even come though after getting snuffed by Petersen.

Tui was projected as a future national recruiter and HC when he first became a coach. He now seemingly has a new position coach job almost every single year and just shuffles through different pac 12 teams. He's been a dud.

The thing about WR coach is it is a stepping stone job (people dont stay there by choice) so you really only have 2 options
    -a young up-and-cummer (Moore)
    -a guy who never made it or failed as an OC (Pease, Lubick, Tui)
    There are a couple of older guys out there who never made it or failed that would be a decent options as position coaches on offense if they would be willing to take a lower job at a bigger program:

SDSU's OC/RB/WR coach Jeff Horton, has coaching experience all across the offense and special teams, short experience in the NFL, has done a decent job at SDSU, good southern california recruiting connection.

Utah State OC Mike Sanford, former HC at WKU and OC at Notre Dame, great offense at Utah St. this year, has a reputation of being a good recruiter.

They aren't flashy, and they aren't young black or poly coaches but both have decent recruiting and coaching resumes and would basically be set it and forget it as far as assistant coaches go.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jerramy Stevens is available
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I wouldn’t mind seeing Tui as the WR coach. Wonder if he would even come though after getting snuffed by Petersen.

Tui was projected as a future national recruiter and HC when he first became a coach. He now seemingly has a new position coach job almost every single year and just shuffles through different pac 12 teams. He's been a dud.

The thing about WR coach is it is a stepping stone job (people dont stay there by choice) so you really only have 2 options
    -a young up-and-cummer (Moore)
    -a guy who never made it or failed as an OC (Pease, Lubick, Tui)
    Bingo

Give me the young and hungry guy in that position