Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dillon Mitchell couch update

13»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2019

A pick play is a pick play.

Yes. Water is wet.

That is was not a pick play. Maybe brush up a little.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

A pick play is a pick play.

Yes. Water is wet.

That is was not a pick play. Maybe brush up a little.
    He’s so stupid
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,258
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I get the kid wants to make his money. But how much does a 5th round pick actually make?

Yeah, he won't be the only target next year, but if he starts catching with his hands and drops fewer balls, I don't see how that doesn't help his draft profile. There might be a few GM's that look primarily at stats, but most NFL teams are pretty astute when it comes to understanding a player's skill set. Dillon's size and speed has him as a possession receiver in the NFL. How can you be a good possession receiver if you drop 30% of the passes thrown your way? If you're 6'4" and have 4.4 speed, you can drop a shit ton of passes and still get paid. Not when you're 6'1" and closer to 4.55 speed.

Fifth round pick is probably $200,000 to $300,000 worth of guaranteed money. If he makes a roster for a year, add another $600,000 to $700,000 to it. Not world beater money. But for a 21-year-old kid, it's more money than he's ever had plus he doesn't have to have to play school and can devote his every waking hour to football.

And I think yore underestimating what Mitchell's skill set is. In the Warshington game this third and six...

doesn't happen without this one...

What a worthless blitz by Rapp
    Had to protect his draft stock