Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hawt take in Husky downfall next year

This is from the poster who claims to have Sold Moos on the idea to go $160 million into debt while cutting stadium capacity from 40,000 down to 32,000.

Similar story to Stanford, but with Eason as heir apparent at QB they won’t be hurting as bad as Stanford but they too probably will take a step back.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/washington/92453

As you can see the Mutts are losing a whole lot.

13 of their starting 22 are leaving including JR Taylor Rapp who has declared for the NFL.

Gaskin may be the most significant loss, and in the two deep just a couple are leaving to be 15 of 44 players. So about 1/3 of their two deep mostly in starters. Significant but not as bad as Stanford losing almost half.

How they do really depends on if their defense can keep performing and season, but more than likely it will be a step back year. Probably an 8 win year with maybe a 9th win if Petersen can make it Redbox, Chez-it (you know his bowl level) and squeak a 9th win.

https://washingtonstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-north-next-year-could-be-real-interesting.16995/

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Skill players will suck, the new qb coach Jake Browning will turn Eason into a cuck.

Season is over

Case closed

End of story
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,499
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is from the poster who claims to have Sold Moos on the idea to go $160 million into debt while cutting stadium capacity from 40,000 down to 32,000.

Similar story to Stanford, but with Eason as heir apparent at QB they won’t be hurting as bad as Stanford but they too probably will take a step back.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/washington/92453

As you can see the Mutts are losing a whole lot.

13 of their starting 22 are leaving including JR Taylor Rapp who has declared for the NFL.

Gaskin may be the most significant loss, and in the two deep just a couple are leaving to be 15 of 44 players. So about 1/3 of their two deep mostly in starters. Significant but not as bad as Stanford losing almost half.

How they do really depends on if their defense can keep performing and season, but more than likely it will be a step back year. Probably an 8 win year with maybe a 9th win if Petersen can make it Redbox, Chez-it (you know his bowl level) and squeak a 9th win.

https://washingtonstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-north-next-year-could-be-real-interesting.16995/

Most delusional fan base of all tim.

No hawt talk about the only player on their team that was worth a shit gone and another year of Leach speculation?

OK!
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Skill players will suck, the new qb coach Jake Browning will turn Eason into a cuck.

Season is over

Case closed

End of story

This thread is about the Husky downfall. HTH
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How is replacing seniors the downfall of UW? Every team face this same situation every year. Every team.

Our backups, especially on defense, played a fuckton this year.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Well, you can forget that.

I’m hearing Cuog is just one unannounced Grad transfer QB away from repeating as PAC-12 co- Champs
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

The way this team played its a clear case of addition by subtraction

I'm fine with UW under the radar as long as we? end up on top

We may suck but the rest of the PAC is still our bottom bitch until SC starts to care again about football.
    This. Fans want to convince themselves that the most desireable outcomes to them will come true. It's the same reason doogs thought we had a chance vs Ohio state and two well known doogs thought we would carve them up on the tsio podcast. Fans can't help themselves.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

ntxduck said:

I like to call UW the mutts. That’s what I like to do

would you prefer doggie?
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is it too soon to start planning the spring game tailgate?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

We may suck but the rest of the PAC is still our bottom bitch until SC starts to care again about football.
    This. Fans want to convince themselves that the most desireable outcomes to them will come true. It's the same reason doogs thought we had a chance vs Ohio state and two well known doogs thought we would carve them up on the tsio podcast. Fans can't help themselves.
    There were some things that went as I expected and against how I expected during the game. I haven't gone back to watch it in to see how much of what I thought UW missed on was due to our misses or Ohio State taking some of those things away.

But here are some facts about the game:

UW outgained Ohio State by 80 yards for the game and outgained them in both on the ground and through the air

Statistically, it was Ohio State's 2nd best defensive game of the season (Michigan St was their best) against P5 competition ...

Offensively, the only P5 games where Ohio St performed worse in (yards per play) was Michigan St (bit of a weather game) and Penn St

Washington's yards per play performance of 4.9 yards per play was consistent with their challenges against talented defenses that they played this year in Utah (2x) and Cal

Washington's big problem in the game was their inability to really break any big plays and in particular in the run game ... that was Ohio State's problem the balance of the year was the big play

So in the grand scheme of things, it was really a tale of 2 different halves but some of the ills that stood out with respect to Washington all year and over the last 3 years continues to ring true.

There's a long way to go in terms of upgrading talent, etc., but if you look at the major P5 teams that we've played since 2016, this is the only game where we've statistically outgained our opponent:

USC ('16) = -124 yards (0 turnover margin)
    Bama ('16) = -132 yards (-3 turnover margin)
    Penn St ('17) = -214 yards (+2 turnover margin)
    Auburn ('18) = -22 yards (-2 turnover margin)
    Ohio St ('18) = +80 yards (0 turnover margin)

This will be a trend to keep an eye on going forward as we're going to have 2 such teams on the schedule next year with SC and the likely bowl game.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Our skill positions suck but maybe Bynum, Cook, or Spiker will step up because of Eason. I say we win the pac 12 again and make the playoff (who the hell is going to beat us next year?) to get plunger fucked by clemson... fuck this is probably accurate...
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

There were some things that went as I expected and against how I expected during the game. I haven't gone back to watch it in to see how much of what I thought UW missed on was due to our misses or Ohio State taking some of those things away.

But here are some facts about the game:

UW outgained Ohio State by 80 yards for the game and outgained them in both on the ground and through the air

Statistically, it was Ohio State's 2nd best defensive game of the season (Michigan St was their best) against P5 competition ...

Offensively, the only P5 games where Ohio St performed worse in (yards per play) was Michigan St (bit of a weather game) and Penn St

Washington's yards per play performance of 4.9 yards per play was consistent with their challenges against talented defenses that they played this year in Utah (2x) and Cal

Washington's big problem in the game was their inability to really break any big plays and in particular in the run game ... that was Ohio State's problem the balance of the year was the big play

So in the grand scheme of things, it was really a tale of 2 different halves but some of the ills that stood out with respect to Washington all year and over the last 3 years continues to ring true.

There's a long way to go in terms of upgrading talent, etc., but if you look at the major P5 teams that we've played since 2016, this is the only game where we've statistically outgained our opponent:

USC ('16) = -124 yards (0 turnover margin)
    Bama ('16) = -132 yards (-3 turnover margin)
    Penn St ('17) = -214 yards (+2 turnover margin)
    Auburn ('18) = -22 yards (-2 turnover margin)
    Ohio St ('18) = +80 yards (0 turnover margin)

This will be a trend to keep an eye on going forward as we're going to have 2 such teams on the schedule next year with SC and the likely bowl game.
    Good hell. Our offense sucked and got some garbage time td's. It was 28-3 and tosu lost focus. the fact you are still trying to see this otherwise further proves the point. Fans find reasons to believe their desired outcome. In a game like the rose bowl this year stats are for losers more than ever.