Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Commissioner Yella Piss National College Football League

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,971 Founders Club
Western Conference

Washington
Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Arizona St
Texas
Oklahoma

Midwest Conference

Ohio St
Notre Dame
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Pedo State
Colorado

Southern Conference

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Tenn
Georgia
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Ol Miss

Atlantic Conference

Miamuh
FSU
Florida
Clempson
VA Tech
South Carolina
West Virginia
Georgia Tech

- 11 game regular season
- Play all 7 teams in your conference each year plus 4 from the others (2 home, 2 away)
- 8 team play off; 1- 4 seeds for conference winners; 5- 8 wild cards based on overall record

If your team isn’t listed, Eat My Fucking Ass.

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    SEC loses 2
    Pac loses 5
    B12 loses 7
    B1G loses 8
    Acc loses 9

Unless I can't count which is likely.

Wouldn't have expected pac12 to fare so favorably.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,971 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

SEC loses 2
    Pac loses 5
    B12 loses 7
    B1G loses 8
    Acc loses 9

I’d trust your Maff acumen over mine. Definitely some tuff calls once you get down to the borderline programs. Feels like if you’ve won a NT post WWII you’re in but then what to do with Minn?

But fuck it I say. If we’re gonna NFL college ball then I only want to watch big time programs. That’s my deal - take it or leave it.

NOGAF

What’s your point Captain Obvious?
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

Mad_Son said:

SEC loses 2
    Pac loses 5
    B12 loses 7
    B1G loses 8
    Acc loses 9

I’d trust your Maff acumen over mine. Definitely some tuff calls once you get down to the borderline programs. Feels like if you’ve won a NT post WWII you’re in but then what to do with Minn?

But fuck it I say. If we’re gonna NFL college ball then I only want to watch big time programs. That’s my deal - take it or leave it.
    I think what this tells me is that the pac 12s branding problem is not component pieces but how they're put together.

One piece is that conference strength is typically judged by the top few teams which just hasn't been good for the p12 recently. The pac12 is pretty bad this year but even when it was deeper the lack of national title contenders held the perception back.

Obviously east coast bias/ only playing games when most of the country is asleep hurts. Not playing games at times your own fans can attend is ridiculous.

I think the key things the conference needs to do is play games when folks are awake instead of pretending we have to play at midnight because Larry Scott couldn't negotiate a meaningful tv deal and market the programs. Make uw look good. Make usc look good. Make oregon and ucla look good. We need to make it clear that the teams here are powers. Arizona will benefit when kids aren't fleeing east. When talking to people about football they don't know any details or history about the pac 12 and that is remediable.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    We need to play home games at night
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Can’t we just ask diseased liver doog to create some Loss Default Swaps instead?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Relegate the last place team in each conference to D2, bring up the champion.

You'll find out who is serious about football real quick.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    #MyRams would like to let you know this is hurtful!

Sad to see coming from the spouse of a CSU alum! Disrespectful!
    Doogles said:

Relegate the last place team in each conference to D2, bring up the champion.

You'll find out who is serious about football real quick.

English Football Style. Works for me.

#MyRams would like to let you know this is hurtful!

Sad to see coming from the spouse of a CSU alum! Disrespectful!

@backthepack dropping insider CSU knowledge.
    Fire Bobo!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Programs that I’d remove:

Colorado
    West Virginia
    Georgia Tech

Programs that I’d include:

Iowa
    TCU
    Okie Lite or Miss St
    Tequilla said:

Colorado
    West Virginia
    Georgia Tech

Iowa
    TCU
    Okie Lite or Miss St

I like the @Doogles addendum of last place team in each conference gets bumped out. 1st place in D2 gets moved in. So it’s never entirely static. Recency bias does favor Okie St and TCU. Iowa has won Big 10 titles in our life time.

TCU is a MWC school. At least Boulder has won a natty.

Fuck off.

TCU's won 2 Natty's ... but thanks for playing
    Tequilla said:

Fuck off.

Yeah so have Cal, Harvard, Army and even Texas A&M.

Tequilla said:

Colorado
    West Virginia
    Georgia Tech

Iowa
    TCU
    Okie Lite or Miss St

I like the @Doogles addendum of last place team in each conference gets bumped out. 1st place in D2 gets moved in. So it’s never entirely static. Recency bias does favor Okie St and TCU. Iowa has won Big 10 titles in our life time.
    Colorado is just blah to me ... just not sure that they have a path to being an elite program in the future.

West Virginia is just flat out poor ... they don't really have the revenues to compete at the highest levels and they are going to lose a lot of recruiting battles around them to Ohio State, Penn State, etc.

Georgia Tech is kind of in no mans land to me ... they are essentially a better version of like Wazzu from the standpoint of being a decent 2nd program in a georgraphic area but they aren't close to their big brothers.

To your point, Iowa has a history of success that is generally sustained decades to decades. TCU is the 3rd school in the Big 12 and at this point the success of 20 years now suggests that it's not going to fall off. In fact, the resources there suggest that they will compete plus location. The last one is really a tough one because Okie Lite = T Boone's $$$, StarkVegas is advancing itself a bit but still is probably a step behind other places, and there seems to be something missing in the Northeast whether it's West Virginia, Pitt, Syracuse, or BC it feels like something in that region probably should have representation.
    Tequilla said:

Fuck off.

College football started after WW2, HTH.