Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's all bidness

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol when is he supposed to announce he's leaving? How many days after the season is good enough so he can tell you he thought and cared about the decision?

This decision was most likely made back in August.
    Alotta butthurt bitches about Rapp.

Why wasn't wonder kid McKinney ready to step up is the real question. Bored is trash right now.

GTFO
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    No one knows how bad his hip injury is. Yall are butthurt.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He was probably banged up where he could play, but being hurt at all can open more potential injuries here. Am I disappointed and bummed that he didn't play? Yes, but people saying they aren't going to support him and how it tarnishes his legacy are being self-serving themselves.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was probably banged up where he could play, but being hurt at all can open more potential injuries here. Am I disappointed and bummed that he didn't play? Yes, but people saying they aren't going to support him and how it tarnishes his legacy are being self-serving themselves.

Majorly tarnishes his legacy. All Murphy now.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

agree with this. those who think his legacy is tarnished and are now hoping he gets hurt are fucked up.

I think what he did is incredibly disappointing and will significantly hurt his husky legacy, he won't be remembered in the same light as murphy, gaskin, or gaines.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

Tequilla said:

The NFL will still look at the talent for sure

But don’t think that he isn’t going to get asked about that in interviews with teams

NFL teams don’t take kindly to any suggestion that players dog it, etc when they are out of contention ... and for better or worse, ANYBODY that skips a bowl game is going to have the question of “are they” or “aren’t they” on them

Another question I suspect will come out is when the decision was made ... was it made late and impacted game planning, etc

The NFL has made it clear they DGAF about kids skipping bowel games.

Bosa skipped half a season and he's going to be the number one pick.

This will not hurt Rapp at all.
    I loved Rapp but they didn’t do an on field interview with him during the fucking Rose Bowl like they did with the Bosa brothers.

Bosa is on a different level. Glad he didn’t play in the game.

• Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019
    Taylor Rapp fucks. If his hips were bothering him before the game and he wanted to stay FRESH for the draft (look at sid jones) I respecc him

Type of guy you'd want your wife's boyfriend's two dad's daughter to date
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ZoneUW said:

Taylor Rapp fucks. If his hips were bothering him before the game and he wanted to stay FRESH for the draft (look at sid jones) I respecc him

Type of guy you'd want your wife's boyfriend's two dad's daughter to date

Isn’t he your type?
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    If that was his decision, don’t respect it. And I don’t get why NFL teams don’t have a problem with this. I would be thinking, if he made a business decision for you, what’s to say he won’t make a business decision with me?

I don’t want wide receivers making business decisions when I need them to catch balls over the middle. Cam looked like he made a business decision on that fumble in the Super Bowl and cost his team a real chance at a ring. Bell made a business decision and probably cost the Steelers a playoff spot. Fuck those guys. I straight up wouldn’t want them. If they quit on you, they will quit on me.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    RealRhino said:

If that was his decision, don’t respect it. And I don’t get why NFL teams don’t have a problem with this. I would be thinking, if he made a business decision for you, what’s to say he won’t make a business decision with me?

I don’t want wide receivers making business decisions when I need them to catch balls over the middle. Cam looked like he made a business decision on that fumble in the Super Bowl and cost his team a real chance at a ring. Bell made a business decision and probably cost the Steelers a playoff spot. Fuck those guys. I straight up wouldn’t want them. If they quit on you, they will quit on me.

yep...I was expecting Rapp to be more like Jake Locker in his loyalty and commitment.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    RealRhino said:

Meek said:

RealRhino said:

yep...I was expecting Rapp to be more like Jake Locker in his loyalty and commitment.
    Imagine a world where you've somehow convinced people that you screwing them over to help yourself is okay. The whole point of principles, commitment, etc., is that it comes with a personal cost. Otherwise it's meaningless.
    Check out the Tug, this is how our country is run.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    RealRhino said:

Couldn't agree more.

However, the NFL and other sports entities can't take the chance at passing over a player based on principles.

So much money is at stake ... the multi-year, multi-million dollar contract becomes just a rounding error.

I believe had the Seahawks given Earl Thomas a huge contract this year, with much of it guaranteed ... he would have gotten"hurt" and retired.

The formula was discovered by the Seahawks, find young hungry guys who will over perform for their pay day ... the deal is you then have to be the Patriots and dump the guy as he gets lazy with his big contract.

The sport is being ruined by money at all levels.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    edited January 2019
    Doogles said:

Lol when is he supposed to announce he's leaving? How many days after the season is good enough so he can tell you he thought and cared about the decision?

Why wasn't wonder kid McKinney ready to step up is the real question. Bored is trash right now.

GTFO

Just my guess but it sounds like Rapp hid it from the coaches until it was too late. And by that, I mean he was not AT ALL transparent through this process. Deceit by omission is still fucking deceit.

(and, yes, it is the coaches job to have replacements ready).
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    EwaDawg said:

Doogles said:

GTFO

Just my guess but he probably hid it from the coaches until it was too late. And by that, I mean he was not AT ALL transparent through this process. Deceipt by omission is still fucking deceit.
    this is what i think as well and why i'm so pissed at Rapp. I don't have proof in hand (LOL) so tell me to drink bleach, but i happen to believe Rapp fucked his brothers and the fans over with his private little plan.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    EwaDawg said:

Doogles said:

GTFO

Just my guess but it sounds like Rapp hid it from the coaches until it was too late. And by that, I mean he was not AT ALL transparent through this process. Deceit by omission is still fucking deceit.

Per McKinney in a post game interview, ge had been practicing with the 1’s for over a week in preparation to be the starter.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

EwaDawg said:

Doogles said:

GTFO

Per McKinney in a post game interview, ge had been practicing with the 1’s for over a week in preparation to be the starter.
    Rapp was in sweats all week at RB practices, according to the old dwags.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    edited January 2019

EwaDawg said:

Doogles said:

GTFO

I heard a week but where I come from that's still less than a month.

I am not sure Rapp has come clean with the whole story EVEN today.

I am gonna guess that Pete's little tirade, directed at Rapp, shortly after the first score reinforces this conclusion.

And who the fuck is ge?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Yo, it’s done why is this a a topic still going? Y’all some sour asswhipes