Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's all bidness

I get Rapp made a bidness decision.

I'm shocked because I read where him and Murphy both graded out as second rounders.

I get sitting out if you are a top pick, you know like Herbert will be.

However, second round? With his skill set that would almost beg coming back for one more year to increase his stock.

Maybe his agent knows something the talking heads don't.

Any way.

fuck that guy, he's dead to me.

Unless he comes back, then I will believe it wasn't a bidness decision.

Comments

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Business makes my heart hurt :(
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Having that out so fast after the game tells you all you need to know about the “injury” ... business decision

Yeah, I want to believe this is all message bored tomfoolery but damn, not a good look. Especially after missing the game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited January 2019
    Posting on a plane is tough ... for his sake hope he has some good answers when NFL teams question him
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Posting on a plane is tough ... for his sake hope he has some good answers when NFL teams question him

Depends on whether he's Chinese, Japanese, Phillipino, Thai or Korean. Some lie culturally, some are smarter than shit in their lies and some just won't answer the question and try to sell some dim-sum, Pho or pad thai instead.

ISAFNRC

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I hope he tears an ACL at the combine. On tv.

He QUIT on the very team that vaulted him into the NFL at the precise time they needed him the most. Without the Squad he abandoned, he’d be pumping gas.

“Fuck You, Suckers!!!” - Taylor Rape 1/1/2019
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

NFL doesn't give a fuck and won't question him on iota about his decision.

Think I'm wrong ... the NFL took Jack Lockner top 8 ...

The scouts are robots who look at physical ability.

It sucks ... but he doesn't give two fucks.

Again, it's a business decision. It sucks, but that is what CFB has become.

Dead. To. Me.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

NFL doesn't give a fuck and won't question him on iota about his decision.

Agree

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

哈哈有些傷害你屎。

Domo arrigato, Mr. Roboto.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    “Fuck you, Suckers!” Taylor “it’s all about Me” Rape - 1/1/2019
  • Options
    The NFL will still look at the talent for sure

But don’t think that he isn’t going to get asked about that in interviews with teams

NFL teams don’t take kindly to any suggestion that players dog it, etc when they are out of contention ... and for better or worse, ANYBODY that skips a bowl game is going to have the question of “are they” or “aren’t they” on them

Another question I suspect will come out is when the decision was made ... was it made late and impacted game planning, etc
  • Options

Tequilla said:

But don’t think that he isn’t going to get asked about that in interviews with teams

NFL teams don’t take kindly to any suggestion that players dog it, etc when they are out of contention ... and for better or worse, ANYBODY that skips a bowl game is going to have the question of “are they” or “aren’t they” on them

Another question I suspect will come out is when the decision was made ... was it made late and impacted game planning, etc

The NFL has made it clear they DGAF about kids skipping bowel games.

Bosa skipped half a season and he's going to be the number one pick.

This will not hurt Rapp at all.
    1) Yes and No - it hasn’t to date but that doesn’t mean it can’t turn on a dime and I suspect some will start getting some push back

2) Bosa is a terrible example because he had a legitimate injury that BEST CASE would allow him to play in a bowl game ... that’s BEST CASE

3) Teams absolutely give a crap about performance, behavior, etc at the end of NFL seasons ... particularly when the team isn’t good. Leonard Fournette is getting destroyed right now ... and in many respects rightfully so. Also worth pointing out that Fournette was one of the first to skip out ... was that a red flag of future issues or something just unique to him himself?

4) Missing a game doesn’t mean that you can and cannot get hurt in your draft prep ... ask Sidney about that

5) There’s something to be said for finishing what you started ... I’m fine with it if you have an injury that is at risk for re-injury in a game situation and the rehab that follows puts one behind. But barring that, leaving your team comes off as selfish and putting your interests above the team. Those aren’t ideal qualities in my mind.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The NFL has made it clear they DGAF about kids skipping bowel games.

Bosa skipped half a season and he's going to be the number one pick.

This will not hurt Rapp at all.
    1) Yes and No - it hasn’t to date but that doesn’t mean it can’t turn on a dime and I suspect some will start getting some push back

2) Bosa is a terrible example because he had a legitimate injury that BEST CASE would allow him to play in a bowl game ... that’s BEST CASE

3) Teams absolutely give a crap about performance, behavior, etc at the end of NFL seasons ... particularly when the team isn’t good. Leonard Fournette is getting destroyed right now ... and in many respects rightfully so. Also worth pointing out that Fournette was one of the first to skip out ... was that a red flag of future issues or something just unique to him himself?

4) Missing a game doesn’t mean that you can and cannot get hurt in your draft prep ... ask Sidney about that

5) There’s something to be said for finishing what you started ... I’m fine with it if you have an injury that is at risk for re-injury in a game situation and the rehab that follows puts one behind. But barring that, leaving your team comes off as selfish and putting your interests above the team. Those aren’t ideal qualities in my mind.
    https://sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/22/18127862/skipping-bowl-games-contracts

The NFL doesn't give two shits if you skip a bowl game to make sure you don't get broke beyond repair.

I suspect many teams are actually encouraging it.

This is a league that covers up and gives second chances on:

Domestic violence
    Dog Fighting
    Drug abuse
    murder
    Brain Damage

And you think they're going to turn on a dime because some kid protects his body.

Fuck all that ... this will only become more common ... and it will eventually seep into the playoffs and natty game.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think he planned on playing but got worried. This was the first "real" injury he had here. The first thing that caused him to miss practice and such. I could see it rattling him a bit. People bad mouthing the kid need to fucking grow up
  • Options

I think he planned on playing but got worried. This was the first "real" injury he had here. The first thing that caused him to miss practice and such. I could see it rattling him a bit. People bad mouthing the kid need to fucking grow up

You need to fuck off.

It was a business decision, I get that.

But you still need to fuck off.