Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Too many RPOs. Played like pussies in the first half. Weird that we started scoring when we ran the ball. Weird!

It’s like Peterman doesn’t gameplan for the team he’s playing and overthinks if.

Pathetic first half of football by the Dawgs. Ohio State is absolute shit against the run, so why not pass it 27 times in two quarters. Brilliant! They sure tricked Urban. Urban looked bored and manufactured some agnst for the cameras. He was never concerned.

UW has an opportunity to level up with a win against a beatable OSU squad.

Oh well. 2020 & 2021 are the Dawgs years and Eason will save 2019 is what I'm hearing. Since all the running backs supposedly stink now that Gaskin is no longer.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Washington has come out like that in a lot of big games. Penn State, OSU and Auburn come to mind. It is like they dont think they can match up so they come out scared. Then they realize that they can play with the other team and own the 3rd and or 4th quarters but still come up short. Frustrating really.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Funny, I remember zero takeaways (except the picked 2PC).

Pretty sure I saw Haener deliver Gaines a double double animal style near the end of the 1st quarter.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Washington has come out like that in a lot of big games. Penn State, OSU and Auburn come to mind. It is like they dont think they can match up so they come out scared. Then they realize that they can play with the other team and own the 3rd and or 4th quarters but still come up short. Frustrating really.

Auburn outscored Washington in the second half. That game doesn't fit your narrative.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Auburn outscored Washington in the second half. That game doesn't fit your narrative.
    yeah so??? Point still stands.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

1 game and you are blowing it up? Huh...okay!
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is true.

3 out of 4 Bowl Games (one could argue Southern Miss as well) under Petersen, the team came out flat and uninspired.

Can't blame Cyler, Babushka and Jake forever.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Too many RPOs. Played like pussies in the first half. Weird that we started scoring when we ran the ball. Weird!

It’s like Peterman doesn’t gameplan for the team he’s playing and overthinks if.

Pathetic first half of football by the Dawgs. Ohio State is absolute shit against the run, so why not pass it 27 times in two quarters. Brilliant! They sure tricked Urban. Urban looked bored and manufactured some agnst for the cameras. He was never concerned.

Oh well. 2020 & 2021 are the Dawgs years and Eason will save 2019 is what I'm hearing. Since all the running backs supposedly stink now that Gaskin is no longer.
    I should rephrase RPOs are good things.
    Jake is a selfish bitch who won’t hand it to Myles. But just mix a few straight runs instead of doing mostly RPOs.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

jecornel said:

Jake is a selfish bitch who won’t hand it to Myles. But just mix a few straight runs instead of doing mostly RPOs.
    It's hard to run a rpo when they don't respect the QBs P or O

Unfortunately Browning was making the right call in terms of the read.
  • Options

jecornel said:

Exactly which why we should have ran less of them. That’s one of my gripes in that game. Our situational game management and play calling was very fucking annoying.
  • Options

jecornel said:

Exactly which why we should have ran less of them. That’s one of my gripes in that game. Our situational game management and play calling was very fucking annoying.
    It's gernrslly a good game plan. I think Browning as a freshman would have more success this year than as a senior.

As a freshman you're still a little concerned maybe he can hit it. As a senior you know he can't

Plus your receivers aren't good enough to get it done one on one.
  • Options

jecornel said:

It's gernrslly a good game plan. I think Browning as a freshman would have more success this year than as a senior.

As a freshman you're still a little concerned maybe he can hit it. As a senior you know he can't

Yeah RPOs are fucking great. But we have one of the best backs in college football. Use him. You know that they are going to take him away on RPOs. Ohio State’s run defense is fucking awful. Weird how when we startwd feeding Myles we started scoring. Really weird!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

jecornel said:

Yeah RPOs are fucking great. But we have one of the best backs in college football. Use him. You know that they are going to take him away on RPOs. Ohio State’s run defense is fucking awful. Weird how when we startwd feeding Myles we started scoring. Really weird!
    I saw this crap all year long with my team.

If Browning can hit 2 wide open play actions a game it changes everything.

When we played Utah Manny randomly got lucky on 2 bombs early and they had to adjust then Eno put up a rushing record. And gaskin is almost as good.

You guys will have a qb that can probably do that and your rb will look better than he is.

I'm just glad we don't have to play you.
  • Options

jecornel said:

And hit them in stride. Not throw it fucking behind them.
  • Options

jecornel said:

It really isn't arm strength. It's bad timing.
  • Options

jecornel said:

Yup anticipation that’s my point.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

jecornel said:

What annoys me is that most savvy 4 year vets have figured out the playbook and know when to anticipate and yet .... Brownsocks.

Like I can't get over it. I hate watching him.
  • Options

jecornel said:

What annoys me is that most savvy 4 year vets have figured out the playbook and know when to anticipate and yet .... Brownsocks.

Like I can't get over it. I hate watching him.
    I want to stab myself in the temple every time I see him drop back to pass.