Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The offense next season

BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
What I would like to see:

QB: Eason's the starter and don't waste time fucking around with a bullshit competition. After two weeks of Spring ball, Eason needs to be named the starter so the guys on offense have someone they can rally around and gel with.

WR: Fuller and Baccellia need to be delegated to mostly slot receivers and should only see the field in 4-wide sets or when Black Beast is in-line. Black Beast should be the starter in the slot and should never come off the field, ever. On the outside it needs to be Osborne and Spiker. There is no fucking excuse as to why the highest rated receivers Petersen has ever signed won't be starters as RS Freshman. Simplify the offense and get them on the fucking field. I've seen enough of Ty Jones to know he doesn't have the necessary speed/quickness to ever be a complete receiver and therefore he should not be starting. Hopefully he can maximize his skill set as a rotational WR who can make big catches on 3rd and long and in the red zone.

RB: If it wasn't obvious enough with Salvon Ahmed running into tackles yesterday and being hit and miss all season long with his vision and physicality, Trey Lowe needs to play RB next season and he needs to be in the rotation if not the starter and it needs to start in the off season. If he's the third string slot receiver and standing on the side line every game something is wrong with Petersen. Lowe is a baller and his vision is outstanding. We need to feed that kid the ball. Barry Sanders 2.0 ;) .

McGrew and Pleasant are meh. I need those guys to actually do something in the weight room and put some muscle on before I see them as guys that can hold off Davis who looks elite on film and Newton who's going to really look the part next season after another year in the weight room.

TE: Bryant and Otton are studs. Not much after that. Kizer's one job is to block and I have not seen the physicality from him I expected when he was recruited. Draco Bynum needs to be added as a blocking TE. He has zero chance of ever playing D-line here with all these stud Poly D-lineman coming in. Don't know if he would be much better than Kizer though, but it's worth a shot.

OL: Hilbers to RT. Wattenberg to back up Center. Somebody with more girth to LG. I don't care who. Probably Bainivalu but not counting out Curne or Ale because you never know. Nobody expected Kirkland to start as a RS Freshman and do what he did this season.

We have talent on offense at every position. It's the coach's job to get the best talent on the field. If the best talent is not on the field it is 100% the coach's fault for not getting those guys developed and ready to play at a high level as soon as possible. You're damn straight you have some serious work to do with your shit offense Petersen. It's over-complicated and it's bullshit. You got NFL teams hiring or considering hiring college coaches to implement Mike Leach's air raid offense for fuck sake. Shit doesn't have to be complicated to be potent. You can run a high school offense in college and destroy teams if you have the talent which we do. Put your fucking ego aside and make some real changes and simplify the offense. If this offense isn't one of the best offenses in the country next season, there are no excuses available. Get it done.

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baccelia is our best reciever. Spiker and white Spiker will play when Chin or Jones need a breather. You sound like doogman.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

QB: Eason's the starter and don't waste time fucking around with a bullshit competition. After two weeks of Spring ball, Eason needs to be named the starter so the guys on offense have someone they can rally around and gel with.

WR: Fuller and Baccellia need to be delegated to mostly slot receivers and should only see the field in 4-wide sets or when Black Beast is in-line. Black Beast should be the starter in the slot and should never come off the field, ever. On the outside it needs to be Osborne and Spiker. There is no fucking excuse as to why the highest rated receivers Petersen has ever signed won't be starters as RS Freshman. Simplify the offense and get them on the fucking field. I've seen enough of Ty Jones to know he doesn't have the necessary speed/quickness to ever be a complete receiver and therefore he should not be starting. Hopefully he can maximize his skill set as a rotational WR who can make big catches on 3rd and long and in the red zone.

RB: If it wasn't obvious enough with Salvon Ahmed running into tackles yesterday and being hit and miss all season long with his vision and physicality, Trey Lowe needs to play RB next season and he needs to be in the rotation if not the starter and it needs to start in the off season. If he's the third string slot receiver and standing on the side line every game something is wrong with Petersen. Lowe is a baller and his vision is outstanding. We need to feed that kid the ball. Barry Sanders 2.0 ;) .

McGrew and Pleasant are meh. I need those guys to actually do something in the weight room and put some muscle on before I see them as guys that can hold off Davis who looks elite on film and Newton who's going to really look the part next season after another year in the weight room.

TE: Bryant and Otton are studs. Not much after that. Kizer's one job is to block and I have not seen the physicality from him I expected when he was recruited. Draco Bynum needs to be added as a blocking TE. He has zero chance of ever playing D-line here with all these stud Poly D-lineman coming in. Don't know if he would be much better than Kizer though, but it's worth a shot.

OL: Hilbers to RT. Wattenberg to back up Center. Somebody with more girth to LG. I don't care who. Probably Bainivalu but not counting out Curne or Ale because you never know. Nobody expected Kirkland to start as a RS Freshman and do what he did this season.

We have talent on offense at every position. It's the coach's job to get the best talent on the field. If the best talent is not on the field it is 100% the coach's fault for not getting those guys developed and ready to play at a high level as soon as possible. You're damn straight you have some serious work to do with your shit offense Petersen. It's over-complicated and it's bullshit. You got NFL teams hiring or considering hiring college coaches to implement Mike Leach's air raid offense for fuck sake. Shit doesn't have to be complicated to be potent. You can run a high school offense in college and destroy teams if you have the talent which we do. Put your fucking ego aside and make some real changes and simplify the offense. If this offense isn't one of the best offenses in the country next season, there are no excuses available. Get it done.

Who gives a fuck anout next year’s
    Offense? Too early for this shit.
  • Options
    Bread said:

Baccelia is our best reciever. Spiker and white Spiker will play when Chin or Jones need a breather. You sound like doogman.

You're a fucking idiot. If Baccellia is our most productive receiver next season like he was in the Rose Bowl, we have a fucking problem!
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019
    I only like small backs if they can catch footballs out of the backfield. Not saying they can’t get a few carries but need backs that can catch the damn ball and go. This will be Lowe. Would love to see Ahmed catching quick bubble screens and running go routes with Eason’s arm. Browning couldnt throw sideline to sideline.

Waiting to see who RB will be next year. I want to see what Dick Newton can bring.

I still have hope in Ty Jones. Haven’t given up on him. He can be good. He will be good.

Bachellia and Fuller need to play the same position. Only one of the field at the same time unless you’re going empty backfield. I do love Bachellia’s tunnel screens. Fuller is like our Danny Amendola but with bad hands. Fuller is the guy you check down to because he can get open but I wouldn’t ever have him be my first read unless I’m running a crossing route.

TEs need to be utlized in our NEW offense. Bryant needs to be WR1 all day, every day.
  • Options
    GOAT said:

Agree w most of what you said but why the fuck do people think McGrew can put on muscle? Look at his fucking frame it’s not gonna happen.

Because he's short. Short people have less frame to fill out with muscle than tall people. Five pounds of muscle on a tall guy doesn't make a huge difference and might not even be that noticeable. Five pounds of muscle on a 5'7 guy makes a big difference. Word has been he doesn't work hard in the weight room. He needs to and then he'll put on muscle.
  • Options
    Passion said:

Who gives a fuck anout next year’s
    Offense? Too early for this shit.
    Great! So why did you read it and comment? Fuck off.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

GOAT said:

Agree w most of what you said but why the fuck do people think McGrew can put on muscle? Look at his fucking frame it’s not gonna happen.

Because he's short. Short people have less frame to fill out with muscle than tall people. Five pounds of muscle on a tall guy doesn't make a huge difference and might not even be that noticeable. Five pounds of muscle on a 5'7 guy makes a big difference. Word has been he doesn't work hard in the weight room. He needs to and then he'll put on muscle.
    wait what

The point of muscle is to get heavier, not to look heavier. 10 lbs on a bigger guy that doesn't show is better than 5 lbs on a small guy that makes him look yoked.

WTF
  • Options
    edited January 2019

GOAT said:

wait what

The point of muscle is to get heavier, not to look heavier. 10 lbs on a bigger guy that doesn't show is better than 5 lbs on a small guy that makes him look yoked.

WTF
    I don't even know how to respond to this. Your IQ must be so low.

Why are you distorting the weight between different sized players you retard? I used 5 lbs for both examples. Yes, 5 lbs of muscle on a 5'7 kid has a greater impact on his body, his strength, his balance, the force he can produce, and how he performs on a football field than 5 lbs of muscle on a 6'8 kid.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It’s odd that you’re slobbering over Newton but aren’t giving McGrew his due. He’s the only RB we have now who’s shown an ability to run between the tackles and actually make reads. He obviously should put on weight, but even if he doesn’t he’s already proven himself as an above average P12 running back at worse.
  • Options

It’s odd that you’re slobbering over Newton but aren’t giving McGrew his due. He’s the only RB we have now who’s shown an ability to run between the tackles and actually make reads. He obviously should put on weight, but even if he doesn’t he’s already proven himself as an above average P12 running back at worse.

Slightly above average Pac-12 running back doesn't cut it anymore. Does he have the physical potential to run the ball on Bama or Clemson? Can he physically hold up with more carries over an entire season? Physical talent matters. Newton has more of it than McGrew.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

The oprea singer is the biggest cock tease. You think he’s about to make a huge play but then he trips all over himself, gets arm tackled, or gets tripped.

I was told he should be our best receiver next season. All 5'9 165 pounds of him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Yeah, bench the best WR on the team for fuckers that are unproven
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yeah, bench the best WR on the team for fuckers that are unproven

"Unproven" doesn't mean shit. Everybody is unproven until the coaches give them the opportunity to prove themselves. Every starter we've ever had was at one time "unproven" and many didn't "deserve" to be starters over more veteran players. That "unproven" shit is some Boise State bullshit. Petersen didn't get elite talent at Boise State so he's stuck in his stupid ways on offense of only wanting to play the most experienced guys he feels more comfortable with. We're not getting Ford and this is one of the reasons why. Elite teams put the best talent on the field. Elite teams have impact true Freshman players making plays for them right away. Coaches that win big bowl games say, this 4 or 5 star Freshman WR might not be as polished as this undersized 3-star Senior WR, but starting the younger more talented player is better for the team in the long run because the younger, more talented player will develop faster, will play with more confidence as a starter than as a back up, has a higher ceiling to make plays the undersized, veteran WR can't, and by the end of the season when we're playing in our big bowl game, the younger more talented WR will have developed into a better player than the undersized, veteran WR.

Am I saying Baccellia should be benched and never play. No, he should be in the rotation as a slot WR behind Hunter Bryant who mostly gets on the field in 4 wide receiver sets.
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

The offense next season is going to suck because Chris Petersen is our head coach.

Sad but this might be true. He needs to change.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

GOAT said:

wait what

WTF

Why are you distorting the weight between different sized players you retard? I used 5 lbs for both examples. Yes, 5 lbs of muscle on a 5'7 kid has a greater impact on his body, his strength, his balance, the force he can produce, and how he performs on a football field than 5 lbs of muscle on a 6'8 kid.
    Because when people talk about players bulking up it's so they weigh more so they can hit harder and be harder to push.

So no matter the size it doesn't matter.

If you mean you want him to get stronger fine.
  • Options

GOAT said:

wait what

WTF

Because when people talk about players bulking up it's so they weigh more so they can hit harder and be harder to push.

So no matter the size it doesn't matter.

If you mean you want him to get stronger fine.
    Short people have an easier time filling out their frame with muscle than tall people. That is my point and that is a fact. Why you are trying to argue about some random shit regarding a UW player that has nothing to do with your team is beyond me.