Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stalin interviewed again by The New York Times

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club
Unfortunately, my quotes weren't printed this time around. Marc Tracy called me during the Rose Bowl, late in the second quarter. He was in the press box, and I think he believed me to be somewhere at the stadium.

I had a solid quote that I thought would get in, but alas it was not to be. (He asked me why the Rose Bowl was still important to UW fans. I said that UW had been to at least one Rose Bowl in seven straight decades. And given the cold climate in Seattle, Pasadena has long represented sunny weather, orange groves and the San Gabriel Mountains -- a type of Shangri-la. I went on to say that Husky fans viewed the Rose Bowl as part of our culture, just like Green Bay fans view the Lambeau Leap, and Philadelphia fans with throwing batteries onto the field.)

Still, Larry Scott gets roasted a bit...

https://nytimes.com/2019/01/01/sports/rose-bowl-pac12.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=4&pgtype=sectionfront

Comments