Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of our Olineman is not like the others

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Wattenberg, get your fucking shit together

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

I thought trey was our worst lineman today.

I hope he's not permanently broken

trey is just schell of what he used to be
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

He very likely is. Super excited he made it back and he'll be here for next year, but I wouldn't expect him to match his former career trajectory. We don't have the OL depth to push him at all, so best case scenario he recaptures some of his past glory and is a good bridge next year for the young guys.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Our line play has been vastly overrated. We do fine against the Pac 12 and then get our asses kicked in every NY6 game we play in. That fact that we are just "fine" against the Pac 12 should set off alarm bells as we supposedly have an "elite" line that doesn't dominate in one of the softest conferences in the country. Trey Adams is overrated. So is Wattenberg. They are good but they are not the elite road-grading sort of guys that you find in the SEC or Big 10. There is reason for optimism as we are recruiting better and Huff seems to be developing his talent well but we're still a ways off....
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If Adams isn’t as good and Wattenberg isn’t good and McGarry didn’t seem as good, how exactly is Huff developing his talent? Way too many OL mistakes, Watt is soft and lazy. Never looks for work, doesn’t finish.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I hope Ale challenges Watty and Bain or someone challenges for RT.

Our oline is too white/HAPPA
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I think the lack of identity overall on offense is a much bigger issue.

THIS.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The O line today was not good. Fucking terrible actually. Thanks Strausser!

I mean if we stuck with Gaskin they did fine
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    AEB said:

I actually thought the OL played better than any of the last NY day bowls. We can critique the play, but I don’t think they were the reason we? lost. Rather, giving up on the run so quickly, WR’s incapable of making a play, and Browning’s inability to plant and throw we’re bigger issues.

Ohio State was blitzing over and over again. I actually thought the OL held up decently. Trey was the only guy who was getting beat with any consistency
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

AEB said:

I actually thought the OL played better than any of the last NY day bowls. We can critique the play, but I don’t think they were the reason we? lost. Rather, giving up on the run so quickly, WR’s incapable of making a play, and Browning’s inability to plant and throw we’re bigger issues.

Ohio State was blitzing over and over again. I actually thought the OL held up decently. Trey was the only guy who was getting beat with any consistency
    Yeah well I'm sure being 6'8 330 and coming off of back surgery ain't easy. None of us normal sized people know what it's like for a big guy like that to have to deal with career threatening injuries. I expect him to get back to his old form next season.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Our line play has been vastly overrated. We do fine against the Pac 12 and then get our asses kicked in every NY6 game we play in. That fact that we are just "fine" against the Pac 12 should set off alarm bells as we supposedly have an "elite" line that doesn't dominate in one of the softest conferences in the country. Trey Adams is overrated. So is Wattenberg. They are good but they are not the elite road-grading sort of guys that you find in the SEC or Big 10. There is reason for optimism as we are recruiting better and Huff seems to be developing his talent well but we're still a ways off....

This is a retarded take. Trey WAS really good pre-injury. He played like shit today, but let's just ignore that he was seen as a first round pick by national experts after his sophomore year. Wattenberg has always been terrible. Center and the right side of the line is good enough.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I don't think anyone on our entire team regressed more this year that Wattenberg. He looked pretty decent last year, and then completely took a shit this year.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

Shell.

As I watched the OSU DE's run around Trey for about the 5th time last night I quietly wondered to myself if he would consider medically retiring. I doubt it, because he's already said he's returning to play, but it has to crush him inside knowing that the injuries have left him half of what he once was. I feel bad for the guy.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

Shell.

As I watched the OSU DE's run around Trey for about the 5th time last night I quietly wondered to myself if he would consider medically retiring. I doubt it, because he's already said he's returning to play, but it has to crush him inside knowing that the injuries have left him half of what he once was. I feel bad for the guy.
    What's to say that 7 or 8 months of resting/rebuilding his strength won't get him back to what he was, or at least close? LIPO.