Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Meanwhile at USC...

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Hahaahhaa. Keep laughing doogs, quooks,
    and utes. Wait till urban gets there, then we all fucked. Urban going to own the pac-12 like carrol did

Carroll didn't have to face a ranked Peterman State!
    Come on dnc, if urban ends up at usc. Everyone in the pac-12 will be clenching their assholes, fuck even bama fans will
    Obviously he'd do great there, but he's going to be starting with a significant disadvantage to Pete in both talent and development. It would take him at least 2 and possibly three recruiting classes to get caught up and who knows what level UW will be at by then thanks to the monster 2020 and 2021 classes.

A great coach at USC is always going to be an issue. I'm not convinced Urban has the drive or want to to take on the rebuilding job that USC has become. But if he does it won't happen overnight. And UW isn't going anywhere.
    His MO is to come in and win. Now, Illini legend head coach Ron Zook was actually a decent recruiter unlike Helton but Urban won the NT his first year there

Was unbeaten his first year at Ohio State on probation

He would have USC winning the south at least year one and then start stacking classes before he strokes out again
    I know it's his MO I just don't think he's ever taken over anything as developmentally deficient as USC currently is.

Winning the LOADED south year one, sure. He wouldn't pass UW year one though.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

If urban goes there he doesn't need more time. First year results...

Bowling green 8-3
    Utah 10-2
    Florida 9-3
    Tosu 12-0

There would be enough talent at usc to win 10 games right away in a shit conference like the PAC 12.

It all depends on how much of a dumpster fire that program is in when urban is available in say 3-4 years. With the Lakers, Rams, Chargers, and Dodgers, USC might just be background noise by then. It’s already happening.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Bowling green 8-3
    Utah 10-2
    Florida 9-3
    Tosu 12-0

There would be enough talent at usc to win 10 games right away in a shit conference like the PAC 12.

But you're assuming he has the same energy and drive now that he did for all of those. By the time he took over USC he'd be 9 years older than he was when he took over tOSU, but more importantly it's after this whole tOSU scandal. I think that took a lot of life out of him.

I definitely think he would be a monster at USC but I don't think it would be as simple as him just showing up. It would take a little more time.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bowling green 8-3
    Utah 10-2
    Florida 9-3
    Tosu 12-0

But you're assuming he has the same energy and drive now that he did for all of those. By the time he took over USC he'd be 9 years older than he was when he took over tOSU, but more importantly it's after this whole tOSU scandal. I think that took a lot of life out of him.

I definitely think he would be a monster at USC but I don't think it would be as simple as him just showing up. It would take a little more time.
    You are overestimating how good the other teams in the Pac-12. This conference sucks. Any capable coach at sc will dominate the south in its current state and usc still has the most talent in their division even now.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm a big believer in:
    Faith, Family and Futility.