Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Any 247 subscribers that can find out who Ford's one UW cristoball is from?

Wiltfong - UW on 9/13/18 (latest CB put in)
    Biggins - Undecided on 9/6/18 (As of now he would put UW, but wants to wait until after USC visit before putting it in)
    Angulo - USC on 1/7/18
    Huffman - No CB

Those are the only 4 worth paying attention to.
    BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Huffman put in an undecided CB today. Not much of an update, but at least it's about Kyle Ford.
    Yeah after he predicted Ford to UW on Jude's podcast he puts in a foggy crystal ball for him a couple days later. Fucking fat pussy.
    Fat pussy needs lovin’ too
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crawfish said:

If Oregon had a chance with Ford, he would have visited this weekend. He isn’t, so it’s either USC or UW.

What team do you like more between USC and UW? Is UW like your second team?
    I'm leaning more to USC. It doesn't matter how much of a dumpster fire that school is at times, they almost always manage to get the Cali kids they want. Even with that I was leaning UW until USC hired Kliff. The air raid offense at a high profile school is a wr's wet dream. I think it's too much for Ford to pass up. USC will also have an experienced QB. He wasn't great this year, but he should improve. We really don't know who UW's QB will be next year.
    Skinny coke Eason

Biggins - Undecided on 9/6/18 (As of now he would put UW, but wants to wait until after USC visit before putting it in)
    Angulo - USC on 1/7/18
    Huffman - No CB

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Huffman put in an undecided CB today. Not much of an update, but at least it's about Kyle Ford.
    Yeah after he predicted Ford to UW on Jude's podcast he puts in a foggy crystal ball for him a couple days later. Fucking fat pussy.
    Grosss, fat pussy is gross pussy or for @Swaye
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Angulo - USC on 1/7/18
    Huffman - No CB

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Fat pussy needs lovin’ too
    @IrishDawg22
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crawfish said:

With the visit this weekend and the hire of Kingsbury plus his obvious like of USC I jsut find it hard to say we are winning this battle. Yes there are some tea leaves that make me cautiously optimistic but I just don't see how we win this battle. Feel free to bump me if I am wrong.

I am thinking we? should revoke your doog status. Where's your doog faith?
    On my burner twitter that I use to tweet at recruits.
    Is your burner “savell to udub” or something like that?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018
    Tequilla said:

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

Georgia also had a guy named Chubb in the backfield that year. Might have heard of him, he was ok in college.

So he should have been better than a 55% completion percentage with a dominant running game?

AGREE
    Yeah, he probably should have been better. He didn’t really have to do that much though because his team was better than 2018 USC. I guess I look at Daniels numbers and think that he probably had more of an opportunity than Eason did.
    I'm not looking at raw yardage if that's what you're talking about.

Daniels had a better completion percentage, better yards per attempt and better passer rating.

The only thing Eason had better was TD:INT ratio (which isn't nothing).

But the point is less Daniels > Eason than it is talking shit about how good Eason is while going to be while saying "Daniels sucked so he's not going to get better" is completely asinine.

Both were highly rated. Both of them were bad as true freshman QB's. Both will probably greatly improve over their careers.
    And this is why looking deeper than surface level stats matters.

For example, the UW Defense ranks 1st in the conference years (conference games only) running now in just about every material metric (in 2018 1st in yards per pass attempt, yards per completion, yards per defensive play, points allowed per game, points allowed per 100 yards (a metric I think that is relatively important) and turnovers forced, 2nd in defensive plays per turnover forced, and 3rd in yards per carry allowed). The only category where Washington WAS NOT in the top 3 defensively in the conference was completion percentage against which was 9th!!! Ready for your mind to be blown? UW was 9th in completion percentage in the conference in 2017 (only other categories where they weren't #1 were tied to turnovers) ...

The takeaway: completion percentage can be a massively overrated stat ... which intuitively we should all know if you follow any kind of football and see huge completion percentages for guys like Sam Bradford who do nothing but check the ball down.

I'm not going to claim to be an expert on what USC did offensively this year versus what Georgia did in 2016 with Eason. However, super high level, SC does throw a lot of quick screens to their receivers trying to get them the ball in space. I don't ever really recall that being a large part of Mark Richt's offenses at Georgia. Moreover, those kind of quick WR screen passes aren't really high end plays in the SEC due to the size/speed combinations there that tend to limit those plays to nothing more than run plays ... and when you have guys in your backfield like Nick Chubb and Sony Michel, you probably are better served just handing the ball off.

Likewise, when you cite yards per attempt and passing rating as signs of one being better than the other, you are intuitively also saying that the sample sizes are similar ... which we know defense in the SEC is far different than defenses in the PAC12 South. My guess/expectation would be looking back at Daniels' numbers this year would show that he was pretty good against the shit teams and struggled on the road and/or against the better defenses he saw.

And your point about a TD to INT ratio not being meaningless to me is actually a really strong indication of future performance for a young QB. A young QB is typically going to make poor decisions leading to INTs ... but on top of that, the other big challenge is that whether those bad decisions come in the red zone or they start getting gun shy as the speed of the game magnifies itself there, TDs are often a bit of a challenge. So a 2:1 TD:INT ratio is actually a really nice sign for a young QB.

The TL, DR portion of this is that while Daniels may turn into a good QB (I wasn't overly impressed with him this year), the reality is that Eason's got all the tools you are looking for and will step in next year for Browning and be able to do things at the QB position that UW really hasn't had the capability of doing since Locker (in terms of arm strength) and probably going back to Cody Pickett in terms of matching up arm strength with the talent to go with it. And to be clear, Eason's ceiling is far greater than Cody's.
    This is such a dumb post
  • Options

Tequilla, Daniels had a higher ypa than Eason.

Obviously ignore completion percentage but if you want to argue about completion percentage you should probably check ypa before writing 4 paragraphs about how maybe Daniels was just checking down while Eason was hucking it deep.

Also I wouldn't just assume Eason was facing a much tougher schedule. The SEC East was pretty bad that year and he drew last place Ole Miss and 8-5 Auburn from the West (missing Bama and LSU.)

Thank you for saying this so I didn’t have to. Most of which was already addressed in my post.

Eason has great arm talent.

His on field performance was shit.

But he was a freshman.

All this is true and has been covered a million times.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

JFC the fucken I love JT Daniels thread. Fuck him he sucks fuck USC they suck. That is the point! Stats are for fucken losers! We will win period I don't give a shit if Skinny is decimal points below him! Wtf! Any other fucken USC recruiting points you want to make for USC?

Take this blind homerism to Doogman where it belongs.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

JFC the fucken I love JT Daniels thread. Fuck him he sucks fuck USC they suck. That is the point! Stats are for fucken losers! We will win period I don't give a shit if Skinny is decimal points below him! Wtf! Any other fucken USC recruiting points you want to make for USC?

Strongballz, why did you need to create another alt?
  • Options
    If I wanted to negatively recruit against UW, I'd probably print out this thread and send it to the kid and his family.

It worked for Joe Ngata
  • Options

If I wanted to negatively recruit against UW, I'd probably print out this thread and send it to the kid and his family.

It worked for Joe Ngata

No it didn’t don’t be a dumbass
  • Options

It worked for Joe Ngata

Hahaha copy pasta
  • Options

It worked for Joe Ngata

Hahaha copy pasta
    Who posted it?
  • Options

It worked for Joe Ngata

Hahaha copy pasta
    Who posted it?
    @bananasnblondes in the Kam F. thread, I just changed the from Smalls to Ngata
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla, Daniels had a higher ypa than Eason.

Obviously ignore completion percentage but if you want to argue about completion percentage you should probably check ypa before writing 4 paragraphs about how maybe Daniels was just checking down while Eason was hucking it deep.

Also I wouldn't just assume Eason was facing a much tougher schedule. The SEC East was pretty bad that year and he drew last place Ole Miss and 8-5 Auburn from the West (missing Bama and LSU.)

Thank you for saying this so I didn’t have to. Most of which was already addressed in my post.

Eason has great arm talent.

His on field performance was shit.

But he was a freshman.

All this is true and has been covered a million times.
    True but he makes amazing gifs about pounding drinks, running, and getting buttery reach arounds from sluts.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
    Kyle Ford is unlike any receiver to be on the Dawgs roster since Reggie Williams. If he comes here he’ll be a mega star and very likely a lottery pick, like Reggie.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    DawgFader said:

Kyle Ford is unlike any receiver to be on the Dawgs roster since Reggie Williams. If he comes here he’ll be a mega star and very likely a lottery pick, like Reggie.

Yep. And if he goes to USC he will be jjst another juju Smith who has a decent career but constantly disappoints then gets drafter 2nd round cause talent
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

DawgFader said:

Yep. And if he goes to USC he will be jjst another juju Smith who has a decent career but constantly disappoints then gets drafter 2nd round cause talent
    I think he’s more like Steve Smith (giants version) than JuJu. Bru is the JuJu of this class (but he shouldn’t play receiver).
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

DawgFader said:

I think he’s more like Steve Smith (giants version) than JuJu. Bru is the JuJu of this class (but he shouldn’t play receiver).
    Yeah they aren't really comporable players but I think they'll have comporable career paths at usc
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

DawgFader said:

Yeah they aren't really comporable players but I think they'll have comporable career paths at usc
    But my point is he doesn’t have the raw talent to go completely undeveloped and still get picked in the second round like JuJu. He’s a mid rounder if that happens.