Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What Happened to Jake Locker? (Why He REALLY Retired Early..Its Not What You Think)

Comments

• Options
    SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018

Saw a special on him. Didn’t know him but seemed like a family guy that was a good qb, not great, but made his $$$ and said fuck it...

Bought what he wanted, settled into what he wanted, and all the power to his ass for “making it” ...I guess...

Seemed like good dude.

according to @RoadDawg55 he is fucking failure go figure

He’s not watched 30 for 30(Million).

ESPN
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,037
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Saw a special on him. Didn’t know him but seemed like a family guy that was a good qb, not great, but made his $$$ and said fuck it...

Bought what he wanted, settled into what he wanted, and all the power to his ass for “making it” ...I guess...

Seemed like good dude.

He’s a failure as a NFL QB. Nobody ever said he wasn’t a good guy or that he didn’t make a lot of money.
    I was shocked when he was picked #8 overall. My theory was that the Titans thought he'd be highly marketable in the South
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I’d rather drink myself to death than find religion. The bottom of the bottle may be dry but at least it’s free of charlatans and hypocrites.

Browning was better than Locker. And much tougher.

In a place built on stupid takes, this is the keystone.
    Don’t get me wrong, I think brownsocks is horrible and shits himself in big games. Very much looking forward to Eason.

But Locker, while he had the heart of a lion, did not have the tools or durability. Jesus can only do so much for you.

And just to throw gasoline on the fire, I’d take Cody Pickett over either of them.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018

Seemed like good dude.

He’s a failure as a NFL QB. Nobody ever said he wasn’t a good guy or that he didn’t make a lot of money.
    I was shocked when he was picked #8 overall. My theory was that the Titans thought he'd be highly marketable in the South
    I don’t think it was that. Teams reach for QB’s every year. Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were picked right after him.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Seemed like good dude.

bunch of fanboy shit up in heeuh!

don't recall anyone saying he was an asshole.

i think his point is that if he'd been a good NFL QB he would have kept playing, which I believe to be true. of course he had the option of holding a clipboard for 10 years and said 'pass'.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,251
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Had to go to school during his era. He came back to play ball at our then loser school instead of being drafted after already coming to our then loser school in the first place. Was not surprised at all by his early retirement. Dude always did what he thought was right for him regardless of what anyone else said.

Objectively, I recognize he wasn't a great QB. My doog heart will always love the guy for picking UW as the home town team and then winning us a shitty Holiday Bowl after the dark dark years.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Had to go to school during his era. He came back to play ball at our then loser school instead of being drafted after already coming to our then loser school in the first place. Was not surprised at all by his early retirement. Dude always did what he thought was right for him regardless of what anyone else said.

Objectively, I recognize he wasn't a great QB. My doog heart will always love the guy for picking UW as the home town team and then winning us a shitty Holiday Bowl after the dark dark years.

I get that. What I don't get is why there isn't even a fraction of the same appreciation for Isiah Stanback, who was arguably the best pure athlete to play football at UW (or in the Pac 12).
  • Options
    Founders Club

I’d rather drink myself to death than find religion. The bottom of the bottle may be dry but at least it’s free of charlatans and hypocrites.

Please tell us more about how atheist you are
    I have a philosophy degree. I could go on for days but unless you are a priest or a Buddhist monk I lose most people around hour 3. Hour 5 the priest usually converts to agnosticism and wants to lick my luscious taint to change the subject. The monks last a while longer. But they all end up a’lickin’.

Protestants generally drop in the first 10 minutes. No ecclesiastical underpinnings, just sweet baby Jesus in a manger. Kinda sad.

Twatcone.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam

I get that. What I don't get is why there isn't even a fraction of the same appreciation for Isiah Stanback, who was arguably the best pure athlete to play football at UW (or in the Pac 12).
    Fuck this debate again! Stanback didn't pop off in the Holiday Bowl, plus Jake was a much more exciting runner.
    Love 'em both!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You're talking a guy who was a four year starter versus a guy who was a two year starter. A guy who had hype as the #1 pick in the draft but spurned that to come back for another year versus a guy who was a 4th round pick at a different position. A guy whose first game was the stuff doog dreams were made of versus a guy whose first game was a blowout home loss to Fresno State in which he completed 20% of his passes and threw a pick six AND had a fumble returned for a TD.

You really surprised one of these guys has a much bigger fanbase than the other? Really?

Stanback was a talented kid who played under completely shittastic coaching staffs. But other than throwing an incredible Hail Mary to end the first half at Arizona did he have any real memorable moments? Did he ever make anyone believe he was taking UW anywhere?

Jake had Heisman hype and first round hype and every other kind of hype. Most of it was dumb, but it was hope at a time when UW fans were starved for it. IS never generated that kind of hype, or that kind of hope.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I have a philosophy degree. I could go on for days but unless you are a priest or a Buddhist monk I lose most people around hour 3. Hour 5 the priest usually converts to agnosticism and wants to lick my luscious taint to change the subject. The monks last a while longer. But they all end up a’lickin’.

Protestants generally drop in the first 10 minutes. No ecclesiastical underpinnings, just sweet baby Jesus in a manger. Kinda sad.

Twatcone.
    Hi there.

It was sarcasm.
    Sorry. Live in the Midwest. Have a church here in Lake Saint Louis that used to be a mall. Seriously. And its not the biggest church in town.

They get pushy. I may have Jesus follower PTSD.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
    Swaye's Wigwam

Twatcone.
    Hi there.

It was sarcasm.
    Sorry. Live in the Midwest. Have a church here in Lake Saint Louis that used to be a mall. Seriously. And its not the biggest church in town.

Don't fight it
  • Options
    Founders Club

Twatcone.
    Hi there.

It was sarcasm.

Don't fight it
    You probably said that a lot back in the day before bill Cosby hooked you up with that roofie supply.