Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ex-Huskies TE Rod Jones dies by suicide at 54

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

That blows. RIP.

Too soon?

But yeah ... CTE is a bitch ... like Aaron.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Swaye said:

That blows. RIP.

Too soon?

How do we automatically know it's CTE? I know several people who are depressed or have mental issues and they never played football.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231

animate said:

Swaye said:

That blows. RIP.

Too soon?

How do we automatically know it's CTE? I know several people who are depressed or have mental issues and they never played football.
    We don't ... I'm just assuming. But its a pretty good guess for someone who played at rod Jones level.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's a tough one. RIP

They'll find out but he does fit the profile for many reasons

His daughter, Jamie, told the Seattle Times that her father had recently been diagnosed with early-onset dementia. His family believes he had symptoms of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). He also had a history of alcohol abuse. The family began making arrangements with the staff at Boston University’s CTE Center to donate Jones’ brain for research.

“He’s been dealing with depression for years,” said daughter Jamie. “I can’t pinpoint exactly when, but he started to notice some memory loss. He just couldn’t remember things.”
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

That's a tough one. RIP

His daughter, Jamie, told the Seattle Times that her father had recently been diagnosed with early-onset dementia. His family believes he had symptoms of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). He also had a history of alcohol abuse. The family began making arrangements with the staff at Boston University’s CTE Center to donate Jones’ brain for research.

“He’s been dealing with depression for years,” said daughter Jamie. “I can’t pinpoint exactly when, but he started to notice some memory loss. He just couldn’t remember things.”

Of course the family thinks it was CTE or alcoholism. No one wants to live in a world where their family member just selfishly takes their own life of their own free will leaving behind their kids and wife.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

That's a tough one. RIP

Of course the family thinks it was CTE or alcoholism. No one wants to live in a world where their family member just selfishly takes their own life of their own free will leaving behind their kids and wife.
    The people who jumped out of buildings to save themselves from fire on 911 are just as selfish. Suicide is not a selfishness act. To those who commit it, it is the only choice
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

That's a tough one. RIP

The people who jumped out of buildings to save themselves from fire on 911 are just as selfish. Suicide is not a selfishness act. To those who commit it, it is the only choice
    Not all circumstances of suicide are the same, too lump them all together is ignorant at best.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

That's a tough one. RIP

Not all circumstances of suicide are the same, too lump them all together is ignorant at best.
    I'm glad I was able to help
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The more football fans turn a blind eye to CTE, the quicker the game will die.
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    PurpleJ said:

DIE
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

DIE
    This filth is hurting my brand.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    PurpleJ said:

https://journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed/Abstract/2002/11000/Concussions_Among_University_Football_and_Soccer.3.aspx

Kill two birds with one stone.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

https://journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed/Abstract/2002/11000/Concussions_Among_University_Football_and_Soccer.3.aspx

Kill two birds with one stone.
    Talk shit about birds and you won't last long!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

animate said:

Swaye said:

That blows. RIP.

Too soon?

good chance it is
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018

animate said:

Swaye said:

That blows. RIP.

Too soon?

It’s real, but a lot of these guys just have no identity at all other than playing ball. Their whole life was built around it and you can’t play forever.