Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JFC Doogman

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I remember my highlight of Sark recruiting was flipping Sean Parker from Arizona on signing day. Lol today that would be a huge disappointment.

He was 115 on the composite, 156 by 247.

Stealing a high four star guy like that is never going to be a disappointment.
    Stealing commits from Arizona is always speshul.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I remember my highlight of Sark recruiting was flipping Sean Parker from Arizona on signing day. Lol today that would be a huge disappointment.

You have your facts wrong, he chose us over Michigan and USC on signing day. That was a huge coup, especially for a team that was coming off of a 5-7 season.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    JFC perpetual 7-6 IS EXACTLY WHAT MINNESOTA IS.

All you need to know about Sark's "rebuild" is that the team he inherited almost beat LSU in game 1. Three years later they lost 42-0.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You have your facts wrong, he chose us over Michigan and USC on signing day. That was a huge coup, especially for a team that was coming off of a 5-7 season.
    It was Rich Rod's Michigan though coming off 3-9 and 5-7 I don't think USC was really after him. Wouldn't be surprised if Rich Rod's staff didn't babysit Parker at all for the last few weeks they didn't work too hard on the recruiting trail.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

JFC perpetual 7-6 IS EXACTLY WHAT MINNESOTA IS.

All you need to know about Sark's "rebuild" is that the team he inherited almost beat LSU in game 1. Three years later they lost 42-0.

In a good year Minnesota rips off 4 wins over MAC teams non con and then loses every Big 10 game of importance until out of contention. 2-6 to 4-4 is about how they roll. At 4-4 they get a shitty bowl

In a bad year they drop a couple of the MAC games like Sark losing to BYU

The comparison is so good it hurts as well as the long term damage that letting your program get used to losing does. Decades can pass

We got so lucky with Haden and then Petersen. Just incredible
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

There's a thread right now thanking Sark for his contributions to getting this team to the Rose Bowl.

here's some gems

Sark took the job when we were lost. We could have ended up like Minnesota. Done...We were close, 0-12 in 2008. He saw the opportunity that the Washington job was. We are so lucky. Glad to be back in the Rose Bowl. It means so much. He laid the blueprint for coach Pete to come in and take us to were we belong. Competing for Pac 12 champions, and National Championships.

Coach Sark quickly pulled our program out of the ditch it was in, infused it with energy, beat very good USuC teams in year 1 (really, a modern day miracle) AND year 2, and from year 2 through year 5 had our team in a bowl. for that, i'm grateful.

Sark’s tenure was the first glimmer of hope I had as a husky fan and I will always thank him for that.

I always liked Sarkisian and appreciated him getting the program back on track. He made Dawgman better too lol. Sark was a great recruiter and was relentless. I'll never forget landing Sean Parker. Then getting Tosh and flipping Shaq was the big coup. Those were exciting times on the board.

Sark will always be one of my favorite UW coaches. I know he didn’t get us to the promise land but like all the above posts mentioned, he brought us out of our darkest hour! Think about that, he was the coach that took us from the lowest point in our history (I think) and brought us back to a bowl game and some revelance. And man could he put together a staff and recruit!!!

Sark imo, was the greatest transition coach in the history of the program. He rebuilt the image of the program, overhauled the talent on the roster and then had the decency to leave at the perfect time. His teams were fun to watch and he really elevated the energy and made the program fun at a time when it had been miserable. I loved the staff he had two, Sark had his demons but he deserves another shot imo. He had a very gifted offensive mind schematically.

Basically parroting what Softy and Millen talked about for 30 minutes on the Honks yesterday
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Sark helped Dawgman by getting all the good posters banned

That's exactly how I read it
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sark was such a relentless recruiter. If he wasn't so relentless we wouldn't have inked the 26-30 player classes that allowed us to sneak into the top 25 in recruiting rankings. Those were the days, man. I miss em.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Sark was such a relentless recruiter. If he wasn't so relentless we wouldn't have inked the 26-30 player classes that allowed us to sneak into the top 25 in recruiting rankings. Those were the days, man. I miss em.

They was the best part. He couldn't keep half the class more than 2 years so he had to take 26+ every year.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bread said:

Sark too skinny.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

There's a thread right now thanking Sark for his contributions to getting this team to the Rose Bowl.

here's some gems

Sark took the job when we were lost. We could have ended up like Minnesota. Done...We were close, 0-12 in 2008. He saw the opportunity that the Washington job was. We are so lucky. Glad to be back in the Rose Bowl. It means so much. He laid the blueprint for coach Pete to come in and take us to were we belong. Competing for Pac 12 champions, and National Championships.

Coach Sark quickly pulled our program out of the ditch it was in, infused it with energy, beat very good USuC teams in year 1 (really, a modern day miracle) AND year 2, and from year 2 through year 5 had our team in a bowl. for that, i'm grateful.

Sark’s tenure was the first glimmer of hope I had as a husky fan and I will always thank him for that.

I always liked Sarkisian and appreciated him getting the program back on track. He made Dawgman better too lol. Sark was a great recruiter and was relentless. I'll never forget landing Sean Parker. Then getting Tosh and flipping Shaq was the big coup. Those were exciting times on the board.

Sark will always be one of my favorite UW coaches. I know he didn’t get us to the promise land but like all the above posts mentioned, he brought us out of our darkest hour! Think about that, he was the coach that took us from the lowest point in our history (I think) and brought us back to a bowl game and some revelance. And man could he put together a staff and recruit!!!

Sark imo, was the greatest transition coach in the history of the program. He rebuilt the image of the program, overhauled the talent on the roster and then had the decency to leave at the perfect time. His teams were fun to watch and he really elevated the energy and made the program fun at a time when it had been miserable. I loved the staff he had two, Sark had his demons but he deserves another shot imo. He had a very gifted offensive mind schematically.

Basically parroting what Softy and Millen talked about for 30 minutes on the Honks yesterday
    Those clueless tards did/do that shit all the time thinking no one had a radio or something
  • Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    Sark was a mediocre stop-gap until our? AD wised up and finally let Coach Petersen hire himself. Softy & Co. just need to fuck off with this Sark bullshit.

Chris Petersen, Jimmy Lake, etc. are the reason we? are where we? are. At UW Sark would never sniff the North Championship, let alone a PAC-12 Championship and a Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Sark was the best. None of you fags could ever top this.