Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sankey's departure

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club
Yes it's too bad to see him go, but I'm mostly alright with him and ASJ leaving. Just like how I'm happy that the entire coaching staff has been replaced. I want the Husky House deep cleaned of all reminders from the Sark era and I am looking forward to starting anew.

If the rumors about Woodward helping Sark land the job at USC are true, then Woodward fully realizes that Sark was a mistake and a bad fit here, and I feel better about Woodward running things here than I did before.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,993 Founders Club

Yes it's too bad to see him go, but I'm mostly alright with him and ASJ leaving. Just like how I'm happy that the entire coaching staff has been replaced. I want the Husky House deep cleaned of all reminders from the Sark era and I am looking forward to starting anew.

If the rumors about Woodward helping Sark land the job at USC are true, then Woodward fully realizes that Sark was a mistake and a bad fit here, and I feel better about Woodward running things here than I did before.

Is that what you're hearing?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club

The rumor mill. I have no idea if it's true or not.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    The fact that he made no attempt to keep him and he was silent about the whole thing says it all to me.

I now think Woodward is at least ok ... Bordering on competent..

I am very curious to see what the big Peter does with our talent ...

Fuck it
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone with half a brain can see that Woodward is playing on house money now. The stadium, Sark leaving, and going all in to hire a highly sought after replacement were all big hits.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club
    It's pretty clear that Scott Woodward knows a little more about being the AD than that asshole Race Bannon
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Not sure I would lump Sankey into the "cleansing" process. Kid had a great attitude and his accomplishments on the field will not remind me of the Sark era.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Not sure I would lump Sankey into the "cleansing" process. Kid had a great attitude and his accomplishments on the field will not remind me of the Sark era.

Damone?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

The rumor mill. I have no idea if it's true or not.
    There were conspiratorial questions spinning around the Broncomania rumor mill here in Boise all during and following that week when we were saved by Sark's leaving and UW's hiring of one of the most sought after established head football coaches in Division-1. The primary question asked repeatedly is why did USC visit Petersen on Sunday just before Sark announced his quitting UW for the Trojan job on Monday? Also, there was a report out of L.A. that USC (Haden?) was surprised by how badly the interview with Petersen went and there are folks here claiming to know Petersen well that can't believe such a report could be true.

It's questionable that Haden could have been interested in Petersen who's rep as a publicity shy, closed-door head coach likely would not have been a good "fit" with the L.A. media. It appears obvious that USC was looking for another open, fun-loving, La-La-Land guy like Pete Carroll and although perhaps a gamble, Sark might fit the bill. Conversely, media commentary in Boise was certain that USC was one place that Petersen would never consider. In any event, it's all rumors with better than the normal degree of possible truth.