Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What constitutes temporary?

I think I might kill myself if UW did this

Comments

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's fucking Pullman what are they going to do. I appreciate the Apple Cup is perennially important to Wazzu and that it's relevant this year. I enjoy Mike Leach quite a bit. Minshew is transcending. Fuck you. Dawgs 50's Cougs 30's.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How can something be rightful if it’s rarerly there? Hell its only 31.8% of the time, that’s pathetic.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I can’t believe I’m (sorta) defending the Coog here, but I think a lot college football trophy cases have a similar message in the spot reserved for the rivalry game trophy. Michigan State for example has a sign that reads, “the Paul Bunyan trophy is temporarily in Ann Arbor”, or something like that.

The “hunger in all Cougars committed to its timely return” is a bit much though.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Not any worse than the sustainability bullshit in Husky Stadium...

That is way worse.

Baze you worthless cunt
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I can’t believe I’m (sorta) defending the Coog here, but I think a lot college football trophy cases have a similar message in the spot reserved for the rivalry game trophy. Michigan State for example has a sign that reads, “the Paul Bunyan trophy is temporarily in Ann Arbor”, or something like that.

The “hunger in all Cougars committed to its timely return” is a bit much though.

So WSU is the mich state of eastern washington
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I agree. It's all that "timely return" and "rightful place" shit that makes it terrible. Just have a spot for it and note that it's temporarily elsewhere. I'd make it like a Disneyland ride and have a sign hanging on the case that says something like "Exhibit temporarily closed for repairs" or "Exhibit temporarily sent to Seattle for cleaning," something like that. Their language is too earnest and try-hard.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2018
    It's hard being a doog
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

RealRhino said:

I agree. It's all that "timely return" and "rightful place" shit that makes it terrible. Just have a spot for it and note that it's temporarily elsewhere. I'd make it like a Disneyland ride and have a sign hanging on the case that says something like "Exhibit temporarily closed for repairs" or "Exhibit temporarily sent to Seattle for cleaning," something like that. Their language is too earnest and try-hard.

Or maybe a picture of John Candy with the caption, "Sorry folks, Apple Cup is temporarily in Montlake. Cuog out front shoulda told ya."
    Or just a simple:

CUOG!!!!!!!!