Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Herbert fucking sucks

13»

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

And gritty and lived in the film room. Kind of kid you'd like to marry

Reminded me of a lot of Steve Tasker. Didn’t have a lot of natural talent but made up for it with hard work.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Don't believe Crystalball's system fits Herbert.

By "system" do you mean running the ball effectively and setting up play action pass?

If he had someone other than Mitchell to target I think it would look more like a fit.
    This. Mitchell sat out the first couple of series tonight and there wasn’t a receiver on the field who could get more than 6 inches of separation. Mitchell is legitimately the only power 5 talent at WR on the roster. Next year redd, jj, and schooler won’t even see the field
    If we? get someone like Kyle Ford, maybe. But recruiting is generally a much longer play. The problem with Redd and Johnson isn’t that they suck, it’s that they should be behind Theo Howard (if Helfrich understood modern recruiting doesn’t stop), Kirk Merritt and Tristen Wallace (if that last Helfrich year doesn’t go off the rails). Johnson needed a redshirt that he didn’t get because the depth chart went to hell. The bright side is he’ll be a little better next year and buy some time for Wilhoite and JR Waters if they need it.
    Kirk Merritt got kicked out for pulling a dick out to a female tutor (and AGAIN at ATM), so don't think he'd be here under any scenario. But agree with the rest of it. I'm anticipating the freshman we have who are redshirting this year +Pittman and some of the other guys coming in will bump Redd/Schooler down.
    You need Schooler to be bumped down. He's a poor man's Jeff Maehl.
    Huh?

Jeff Maehl was a borderline NFL player.

Right. Hence, poor man's Jeff Maehl.

Maehl was better, but not a game changer. Dillon is a game changer. Schooler is not a game changer.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

By "system" do you mean running the ball effectively and setting up play action pass?

If he had someone other than Mitchell to target I think it would look more like a fit.
    This. Mitchell sat out the first couple of series tonight and there wasn’t a receiver on the field who could get more than 6 inches of separation. Mitchell is legitimately the only power 5 talent at WR on the roster. Next year redd, jj, and schooler won’t even see the field
    If we? get someone like Kyle Ford, maybe. But recruiting is generally a much longer play. The problem with Redd and Johnson isn’t that they suck, it’s that they should be behind Theo Howard (if Helfrich understood modern recruiting doesn’t stop), Kirk Merritt and Tristen Wallace (if that last Helfrich year doesn’t go off the rails). Johnson needed a redshirt that he didn’t get because the depth chart went to hell. The bright side is he’ll be a little better next year and buy some time for Wilhoite and JR Waters if they need it.
    Kirk Merritt got kicked out for pulling a dick out to a female tutor (and AGAIN at ATM), so don't think he'd be here under any scenario. But agree with the rest of it. I'm anticipating the freshman we have who are redshirting this year +Pittman and some of the other guys coming in will bump Redd/Schooler down.
    Huh?

Maehl was better, but not a game changer. Dillon is a game changer. Schooler is not a game changer.
    You might as well have called him a poor mans Randy Moss, then.

Usually when you call someone a poor mans version of someone else, they are at least similar. And it’s usually more than skin color.

Maehl was in a different universe than Schooler. Schooler is a nothing player.

Maehl played in 27 NFL games.

You should just stop now.

• Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Usually when you call someone a poor mans version of someone else, they are at least similar. And it’s usually more than skin color.

Well, they're both tall and white. Good enough for me.

I don't know: I think 'poor man's Jeff Maehl' works, notwithstanding Jeff's awesome 27 NFL game appearances. I think you should just stop because you're making a nothing point. Because, as to Schooly and Maehl, NORGAF anyway.

So emotional Mike. So emotional.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Yeah that was the point.

Jeff Maehl put up Dillon Mitchell numbers.

You’re just wrong. You just are.

And that’s ok.

• Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Yeah that was the point.

Jeff Maehl put up Dillon Mitchell numbers.

You’re just wrong. You just are.

And that’s ok.

Alright, I'll concede. I'll check in w/ you next time I use "poor man's" for anything.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Take it easy Mike, creep's still getting used to his quook feathers. Give him a redshirt year and some development and he'll be a solid possession poaster for you guys.

It's not microwave popcorn.
    There's a lot of quookery aided by some serious doogery for a guy named Jeff Maehl. Jimminy Christmas.

Brandon Schoolie is a poor man's Jeff Maehl. Maybe the guy is really pour like some of you.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    How are we feeling about Hubert these days
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Take it easy Mike, creep's still getting used to his quook feathers. Give him a redshirt year and some development and he'll be a solid possession poaster for you guys.

There's a lot of quookery aided by some serious doogery for a guy named Jeff Maehl. Jimminy Christmas.

Brandon Schoolie is a poor man's Jeff Maehl. Maybe the guy is really pour like some of you.
    Nobody is ooging anything.

The point was only that Schooler is a nothing player that wouldn’t have ever seen the field at Oregon pre Mark Helfrich driving this thing off the cliff. (After one last hooker and coke fueled joy ride)

Then you doubled down and said “well he’s no Dillion Mitchell” when that’s about exactly who he is.

You were just wrong. Twice. And that’s ok.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Nobody is ooging anything.

The point was only that Schooler is a nothing player that wouldn’t have ever seen the field at Oregon pre Mark Helfrich driving this thing off the cliff. (After one last hooker and coke fueled joy ride)

Then you doubled down and said “well he’s no Dillion Mitchell” when that’s about exactly who he is.

You were just wrong. Twice. And that’s ok.

Justin Hoffman (who is probably the closest in skillset to Schooler) did start at WR vs LSU in 2011.....Chip couldn't recruit WRs for shit either
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Let it go man
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

Let it go man
    Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fenwick said:

Huh?

I don't know: I think 'poor man's Jeff Maehl' works, notwithstanding Jeff's awesome 27 NFL game appearances. I think you should just stop because you're making a nothing point. Because, as to Schooly and Maehl, NORGAF anyway.

So emotional Mike. So emotional.
    Why don't we all just agree that you're both just poor men and pray we can stop the AIDS in this thread from spreading.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Worst starting QB at Oregon since Fife.

Prukopt doesn’t count.