Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doogman thread of the year

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Is this site's sole purpose to bash another site (Dawgman)? It seems like if Dawgman was so ridiculous and insignificant, that it would be best just to be ignored.

That's a fair point, but it is too hard to ignore. Dawgman is a train wreck, and has been for quite some time. Unfortunately, it is also the biggest UW sports online community. When the face of that site predicts huge penalties and says it is going to get ugly in Eugene for 2 1/2 years, and then they get practically nothing, it's big news and deserves to be mocked.

Kim hinted at drugs, gangs, prostitution, multiple sports in trouble, etc. He REALLY ran with this thing and reported everything he heard when 90% of it was people trolling him and getting a kick out of him actually posting it on his board.

The sad thing is, Kim thinks he is winning as long as people are talking about him and his business. He seems to have some real issues that deep down, are probably not that funny. He does crave the attention, whether it be negative or positive. So, I get what you are saying, and it would probably be best to ignore dawgman, but I just can't.

Thanks for the well thought out reply, RoadDawg55. Evidently MD isn't capable of any response that doesn't contain bitter sarcasm and some odd interest in the fact that he doesn't find my posts humorous.
    I always enjoyed RoaDawg55's posts. Always well thougt out and classy.

My post? Sarcastic yes, bitter no.

If your going to paraphrase what I'm saying then fine, but if your going to do it incorrectly, then it will be interesting.
    I'm all about keeping it interesting MD, so for your sake, I'll be sure to continue doing it incorrectly.
    If you ever make an interesting post, that will be interesting. If you continue to suck the life out of this message bored, that will be interesting too.
    Well that makes it easy, either way you'll be interested. It's like a reverse Catch-22 for you.

Reverse Catch-22 is my favorite position
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bert - you're in a whooshicane and you don't know it. But it's not your fault.

My best advice to you as a new member/poster - don't take yourself or any of us too seriously. Try to learn some of the inside jokes and have fun with it once you learn them. We don't delete very many posts at all here because we want a REAL exchange of dialogue, humor, and thought.

And yes, we will bash Dawgman because it is our belief that Kim (who is the managing partner) is hurting the UW Football program as much as anyone out there.

Welcome to Hardcore Husky.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I never thought I would see the day where I am excited to frequently visit Doogman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I'd love for someone to bump that thread by quoting Kim's post then saying "If you'd like to stay, add something of value. If you're here to beat your chest, you won't last long"
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'd love for someone to bump that thread by quoting Kim's post then saying "If you'd like to stay, add something of value. If you're here to beat your chest, you won't last long"
    Someone here has to have a Doogman account that isn't revoked. This scenario has to happen.

"I wasn't beating my chest, I was clarifying some information to matmik"
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Hey dumb fuck. It's on free board. Log your dumb banned ass out and you can read it.

Yes, I am a dumb fuck. I thought you had to have a pay subscription somewhere on Scout to play on their free bored. My only pay subscription got banhammered. But I took Mike's advice, and voila!

Mike is smarter than I am. This much I know.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Don't worry. All paying customers who get banned get a "free" banana.
    AZDuck said:

Hey dumb fuck. It's on free board. Log your dumb banned ass out and you can read it.
    Yes, I am a dumb fuck. I thought you had to have a pay subscription somewhere on Scout to play on their free bored. My only pay subscription got banhammered. But I took Mike's advice, and voila!

Mike is smarter than I am. This much I know.

• Options
    BertWinthropBertWinthrop Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

My best advice to you as a new member/poster - don't take yourself or any of us too seriously. Try to learn some of the inside jokes and have fun with it once you learn them. We don't delete very many posts at all here because we want a REAL exchange of dialogue, humor, and thought.

And yes, we will bash Dawgman because it is our belief that Kim (who is the managing partner) is hurting the UW Football program as much as anyone out there.

My best advice to you as a new member/poster - don't take yourself or any of us too seriously. Try to learn some of the inside jokes and have fun with it once you learn them. We don't delete v.ery many posts at all here because we want a REAL exchange of dialogue, humor, and thought.

Thanks man, I appreciate the explanation. I'm assuming "whooshicane" is relating me to a tropical storm of ignorance, where the long-standing inside humor/info of the site flies over my head at high velocity.

Any enemy of UW football is an enemy of mine. I was born a Dawg fan in October of 1975, and will die one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Thanks man, I appreciate the explanation. I'm assuming "whooshicane" is relating me to a tropical storm of ignorance, where the long-standing inside humor/info of the site flies over my head at high velocity.

Any enemy of UW football is an enemy of mine. I was born a Dawg fan in October of 1975, and will die one.

How old were you when your dad first started taking you to games on crisp fall afternoons?
  • Options
    BertWinthropBertWinthrop Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

How old were you when your dad first started taking you to games on crisp fall afternoons?
    I was 12, on Halloween 1987 when the Dawgs dispatched the Oregon State Beavers, 28-12 on a crisp fall afternoon. I remember the unbelievable excitement of seeing Husky Stadium for the first time. I got to pet Sundodger at halftime when the cheerleaders took him on a tour of the moat. I kept some of his long hairs and later laminated them in with a notepad after I got Mark Brunell and Dave Hoffmann's autograph's while they were at a district basketball game in Montesano in 1991 with a local teammate, Todd Bridge.