Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who Progressed Under Sark?/Who Regressed Under Sark?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    let's not forget that Sarkaholic coached Jake Locker down from certain #1 overall draft pick to #8.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kevin Smith improved.. errrr, I meant he decided to show up for his senior season.

Don't think we would have won 9 games this season without him.
  • Options
    Too many players to list under the regression.

Fuck even Ty produced a couple of diamonds in the rough in Foster and Butler.

Did Sark ever produce a 2 star kid to be worth a shit?

All of his studs were highly ranked kids coming into it. Shows how little to no player development we had.
  • Options
    I disagree.

Sark couldn't develop talent but I think he was fairly good at evaluating one.

Shamburger
    Mahan
    Tanigawa
    Criste
    Feeney
    Littleton
    Coons

All quality players.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    James Johnson. Wtf happened there. I remember after the 09 LSU Softy said he was further along than Reggie Williams at that point in his career. Eventually got phased out of the program.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

James Johnson. Wtf happened there. I remember after the 09 LSU Softy said he was further along than Reggie Williams at that point in his career. Eventually got phased out of the program.

SoftyFS
  • Options

I disagree.

Shamburger
    Mahan
    Tanigawa
    Criste
    Feeney
    Littleton
    Coons

All quality players.

None of those players will play a snap in the NFL.

Butler and Foster were both 2 stars who are starting in the NFL.

I'm sure in the next five years there will be a few guys who are 2 stars if not lower rated who will emerge under Petersen much like Ryan Clady.

I think Sark did a decent job of developing his high end recruits but he didn't recruit the 3 stars or the 2 stars.

Even his big guns were hit and miss too. I know ASJ will be a first round pick but after his freshman year I'd say I'm disappointed with how his career turned out, same with Kasen Williams/Shaq Thompson to date as well.
  • Options

I disagree.

Shamburger
    Mahan
    Tanigawa
    Criste
    Feeney
    Littleton
    Coons

All quality players.

None of those players will play a snap in the NFL.

Butler and Foster were both 2 stars who are starting in the NFL.

I'm sure in the next five years there will be a few guys who are 2 stars if not lower rated who will emerge under Petersen much like Ryan Clady.

I think Sark did a decent job of developing his high end recruits but he didn't recruit the 3 stars or the 2 stars.

Even his big guns were hit and miss too. I know ASJ will be a first round pick but after his freshman year I'd say I'm disappointed with how his career turned out, same with Kasen Williams/Shaq Thompson to date as well.
    That's a fair assessment.

Price
    Trufant
    Riva
    Timu
    Callier
    Charles
    Shelton
    Peters
    Washington
    Farria

These are some of under-the-radar 3 star players out of high school Sark recruited that in my opinion turned out pretty good.

If we can win with them in NCAA, that's all that matters to me.

I honestly don't care whether or not they make it to the NFL.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    Sione P is one of the guys that was a beast in high school, but never got any bigger. He has always been horrible. Banner and him are evidence that the Scout guys are fucking retards at times.

Nothing pissed me off more than when doogs said he was coming on because made two tackles 8 yards downfield against Cal in 2012. Some doogs actually thought he would break out this year. I blame the coaches for not developing a lot of guys, but not potaoe. He always sucked.
  • Options

Sione P is one of the guys that was a beast in high school, but never got any bigger. He has always been horrible. Banner and him are evidence that the Scout guys are fucking retards at times.

Nothing pissed me off more than when doogs said he was coming on because made two tackles 8 yards downfield against Cal in 2012. Some doogs actually thought he would break out this year. I blame the coaches for not developing a lot of guys, but not potaoe. He always sucked.

Not to sound like a Doog but I truly was in a WDWHA mode when Banner went to USC. He's a soft pussy who I saw get abused by Bellevue every single fucking year.

I actually thought because of my previous sentence he was coming to UW as he appeared to be the perfect kind of Sark player.
  • Options

Not to sound like a Doog but I truly was in a WDWHA mode when Banner went to USC. He's a soft pussy who I saw get abused by Bellevue every single fucking year.

I actually thought because of my previous sentence he was coming to UW as he appeared to be the perfect kind of Sark player.
    Fitting that Banner showed up at Sark's introductory press conference at SC.
  • Options
    4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I disagree.

Tanigawa
    Criste
    Feeney

sark didnt want tanigawa or feeney. he gave in to pressure on them. he didnt care about criste and had nothing at all to do with his recruitment
  • Options
    4321DAWGS said:

I disagree.

Tanigawa
    Criste
    Feeney

sark didnt want tanigawa or feeney. he gave in to pressure on them. he didnt care about criste and had nothing at all to do with his recruitment
    That may be true but Sark has to get the credit just like Paint Dry did with Polk, Locker, Butler, Foster, etc.

Just curious, what was the story on those three?
  • Options
    4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    you can choose to give credit to anyone you want
    not getting into individual specifics on current players
    sark never spoke with any of the lineman in the cascade front outside of officials visits and in home diners when he went. he acted like recruiting lineman were beneath him. he only talked to kohler cause he was busy kissing joe montanas ass and kohler happened to be on the team. he never thought montana would be worth shit but he wanted to get the publicity surrounding joe montanas kid
    he wanted victor burnett because no joke "his star ranking" even though none of the defensive coaches wanted him even nansen
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Oh is that what you're hearing?

Mods?