Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

targeting call

From the stands yesterday's targeting call looked like a terrible call. I never saw a replay. The people that operate the jumbotron make sure to never replay whatever it is you want to see. I have a feeling that is part of the job description. WTF happened? It looked like an inadvertant target.

Comments

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    AEB said:

He lead with his head.

I didn't see that he really hit the runner dangerously. There should be like a watered down "inadvertant target" call for like 10 yards which doesn't throw the guy out.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

AEB said:

He lead with his head.

I didn't see that he really hit the runner dangerously. There should be like a watered down "inadvertant target" call for like 10 yards which doesn't throw the guy out.
    I've been saying that for a while. They need an in between penalty. On that play. The offensive player lowered his head too. Otherwise he would have hit him in the chest.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    Not only should players be allowed to lead with their helmet, they should be encouraged to do so. Make the offensive players learn how to take care of themselves if they don't want to die from too many concussions by age 45.
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

AEB said:

He lead with his head.

I've been saying that for a while. They need an in between penalty. On that play. The offensive player lowered his head too. Otherwise he would have hit him in the chest.
    It's a really good idea. The head usually does rise out from the shoulders and often is in front of the rest of the body. The NCAA is trying to overlegislate anatomy to some degree. Yeah, throw the real offenders out but go a little easier on the inadvertent cases!
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    2001400ex said:

AEB said:

He lead with his head.

We've all been saying it for awhile.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited November 2018

2001400ex said:

AEB said:

He lead with his head.

It's not rocket surgery.
    True. It was a pretty hot topic in chat last night. Another huge benefit of being a VIP.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    Wasn't JoJo's head aimed at the ball? Seems like it was only a case of targeting because the Stanford player lowered his helmet at that last split second... had he not done that, I don't think targeting would have been called.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    That’s a filth flag
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club

That’s a filth flag

I'm just trying to help fag the game up a bit more. Dildo helmets and all.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    PurpleJ said:

They should implement yellow and red cards. Like REAL football.

Actually, I’m hearing that’s exactly what college football is planning to do
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Don’t be dumb fucks. Football is going extinct. A strict targeting rule has to exist.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

AEB said:

He lead with his head.

It's not rocket surgery.
    True. It was a pretty hot topic in chat last night. Another huge benefit of being a VIP.
    I don't see a shitty little orange badge next to your avatar. I must have overlooked your donation.
    Well played
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964

The last ten years our sports scribes have been whining and moaning about CTE and violence in football like the little boobs they are. Football changed. Now the same sports scribes are whining about the target calls and ruining the game.

Same as it ever was. Don't listen to sports scribes. Lets go back to Captain Crunch videos by NFL Films and let it rip!

Or accept the new way and don't hit with your head.

I choose A. Let it rip!!!!!!!

Can you phone that in for me?
    The game was a lot better without constant stoppages, overuse of targeting, corporate sellout of stadium rights that turn it into a gigantic advertising machine.