Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

More on the Don James - Chris Petersen comparison (what needs to be done)

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget this is a church school.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Although this thread delivers, I think we ? should consider a HCH Constitutional Amendment to end the Don James comparisons. It's impossible to get anywhere, because there will be
    no coach as good as DJ was for the rest of all eternity. So Stalin, we need to give up on this topic IMHO. I know, I still need to donate...

Hate to agree with the Wildcoot, but he's right, you know.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,628
    Founders Club

I thought that Petersen has the chance to be better than Don James

There is room for improvement on that record. The OP in this thread was more about realizing and changing than wanting to be just like Don James

But James could sit in Beno Bryant's house in South LA while gunfire was going on next door and CLOSE the fucking deal

exactly right
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

CHRIS PETERSEN THE DAWGFATHER II

This.

Is. Telling.

I want to open hundreds of new accounts here just to chin this.

Who needs words?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

There is room for improvement on that record. The OP in this thread was more about realizing and changing than wanting to be just like Don James

But James could sit in Beno Bryant's house in South LA while gunfire was going on next door and CLOSE the fucking deal

I still believe that. No evidence for it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,628
    Founders Club

#MeToo
  • Options

#MeToo
    What? Boise State pedigree > Kent State?

Nick Saban? Gary Pinkel? Jack Lambert?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

The Don James stories are cool, but he had shitty years too. Either Peterman will fix things or he won’t. Ewiwbi.

They are.

Define shitty years. Plural.

Outside of his first two seasons, I see two in 16 years. The first is 1985 (Pac T-4th won Freedom Bowl), which is eerily similar to Pete’s 2018 depending on the outcome of the final three games before postseason. The other is James’ only truly shitty year (excluding first two) in which he was 6-5 (3-5 Pac no bowl) in 1988. Every other year in his last 16 was either Pac 1st, T-1st, 2nd, or T-2nd. During this 16 year period in which he became The Dawgfather he was bowl eligible 16 years (by today’s standards) and won 10 of 14, including 4-2 in Rose Bowls.

Excluding Pete’s first two years (losing records in Pac), he has won Pac once and T-1st North once. When it comes to finishing the season, Pete has won only one of four bowls.

I want Petersen to surpass James. I was one of the early Petersen adopters on these boreds. But, if he doesn’t begin to recruit for, or allow, badass attitude and passion among the players, his cerebral approach (which appeals to me) will not come close to James’ legacy.

It’s reported that James’ players would run through brick walls for him. Petersen? I’m doubtful.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Don James could lose 4 games and go to the Rose Bowl. Good Comparison! Keep em coming! Positivity!
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    1979 Don James beats dreck cupcakes first 5 games loses to a 6-6 ASU team and loses against all ranked opponents. Some how ends up in a Sun Bowl against #11 Texas and wins. I know you guys don't think you are cunty kids in adult bodies but you are. HH needs to be shut down, its a proverbial eddy circling in u dub loserville.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gwad said:

HH needs to be shut down, its a proverbial eddy circling in u dub loserville.

@TierbsHsotBoobs ! True?
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Although playing a few lightweights in the schedule like the Ballard Meteors, Gil Dobie had the best run, 58-0-3. Finally there is a plaque in his honor inside the Alaska Airlines Advertisement Arena (formerly Huskie Stadium)
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2018
    Gwad said:

1979 Don James beats dreck cupcakes first 5 games loses to a 6-6 ASU team and loses against all ranked opponents. Some how ends up in a Sun Bowl against #11 Texas and wins. I know you guys don't think you are cunty kids in adult bodies but you are. HH needs to be shut down,its a proverbial eddy circling in u dub loserville.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,417
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

1979 Don James beats dreck cupcakes first 5 games loses to a 6-6 ASU team and loses against all ranked opponents. Some how ends up in a Sun Bowl against #11 Texas and wins. I know you guys don't think you are cunty kids in adult bodies but you are. HH needs to be shut down, its a proverbial eddy circling in u dub loserville.

Loser post, loser poster

You're not above it all. You're right here pretending to be

Fuck off
  • Options

When the doogs start ripping James to cover for the current coach its time to start the search for a new one

UW can lose three this year and make the Rose Bowl

And if we? do I'll call it a success

This.

Doog James ripping is why many in the fan base deserve a reincarnation of Willingham. Bow Down to Petersen? It may be the beginning if he inflexibly doesn't change his attitude and approach.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

When the doogs start ripping James to cover for the current coach its time to start the search for a new one

This.

Doog James ripping is why many in the fan base deserve a reincarnation of Willingham. Bow Down to Petersen? It may be the beginning if he inflexibly doesn't change his attitude and approach.
    STOp.

Pete has been bad this year but there's no possible world where he should be compared to Ty.
  • Options

This.

STOp.

Pete has been bad this year but there's no possible world where he should be compared to Ty.
    Stalin true?

If. A condition or supposition. I observe similar behavioral traits that are not nearly as severe in Petersen, but impede his becoming great at UW. Whether he needs more time, will manifest or not.