Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Up by 1

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
Youre playing 3rd string LT....top 2 RB's essentially out....best TE (Hunter Bryant) out....good time as any to take out your starting QB.

The more I think about it...the more pissed I get.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    jecornel said:

Brock on the benching of Browning.

Haener not prepared for that moment. If you make the switch make it for the rest of the game. If Pete wanted to change things up, take over the play-calling duties and get your most explosive player involved in the game and create space for Ahmed.

I don't think everyone wanted Haener now. I think the Haener calls had more to do with Jake backpedaling 20 yards or making throws while being pressured to the other opponent. This staff told Jake no more going backward. Jake stopped that BS.

I would have had no issue seeing Haener come in after Jake's sideline pick. 7-6, two minutes left in the third on the 11 yard line? Come on man. Haener frankly could have easily settled down and won the game. Though, obviously we will never know.

Clearly, there is a problem between Jake/Pete/ Hamdan. It blew on Saturday. Pete said Haener had been practicing well. They wanted to give him a shot at some point. Haener looked real nervous.

Brock, mentioned doing the ASU broadcast and meeting with the coaches and the coaches confirmed they didn't know who they were offensively. Are we an RPO, team, are we a two tight end team, are we a runnning team? We don't really know.

agree with all of the above.

i suspect the reason we don't know who we are is because of browning, though...it's an either/or situation with Pete being so loyal to the Browning that he's resigned himself to letting Browning be the offense regardless of production and/or browning not being able to competently execute certain plays (his hand offs are so obvious and slow, his screen passes are slow, lazy, and outright sloppy...it seems in his head he thinks he's just smarter than the defense and thus too many of his basic plays look lazy) and/or he checks out of good plays and into plays he wants.

as you all have mentioned earlier, it seems to have come to a head and we may need to get the popcorn out now because the browning/coaches relationship appears to be ending with an awkward breakup.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018
    jecornel said:

Haener not prepared for that moment. If you make the switch make it for the rest of the game. If Pete wanted to change things up, take over the play-calling duties and get your most explosive player involved in the game and create space for Ahmed.

I don't think everyone wanted Haener now. I think the Haener calls had more to do with Jake backpedaling 20 yards or making throws while being pressured to the other opponent. This staff told Jake no more going backward. Jake stopped that BS.

I would have had no issue seeing Haener come in after Jake's sideline pick. 7-6, two minutes left in the third on the 11 yard line? Come on man. Haener frankly could have easily settled down and won the game. Though, obviously we will never know.

Clearly, there is a problem between Jake/Pete/ Hamdan. It blew on Saturday. Pete said Haener had been practicing well. They wanted to give him a shot at some point. Haener looked real nervous.

Brock, mentioned doing the ASU broadcast and meeting with the coaches and the coaches confirmed they didn't know who they were offensively. Are we an RPO, team, are we a two tight end team, are we a runnning team? We don't really know.

Uhhh....we're "multiple"

HTH
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    HuskyJW said:

jecornel said:

Uhhh....we're "multiple"

HTH
    That's Brock. You can tweet him and let him know the dawgs are, "multiple." I guess I should have used quotes for you. I apologize.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited October 2018
    jecornel said:

This is what I dont get, how can they not possibly know by now? Its the same fucking coaches with the same QB and RB... This isnt some massive rebuild with a ton of turn over or a year with all new players... they have known the starters for 18+ months.

QB- can't anticipate a route open, has a weak arm, will make at least one horrible decision a game (usually against zone defense)... He is above average at scrambling forward (about it)

RB - great group; gaskin, ahmed, mcgrew, pleasant can all do pretty much whatever you want them to do

TE - Good blockers, decent pass catching, good athleticism.

OL - Plenty good for Pac 12 play, Can run to both sides of the line, plenty big.

WR - won't break away from coverage, JAG athleticism, will do a bunch of little things like blocking, can make some great catches but dont focus gameplan around.

This team's talent screams power run, multiple TE sets, plenty of play action, with short timing crossing/drags/outs/slants... When the defense creeps up, seem to TE or WR deep. The offense with browning was always going to be limited vertically, they knew this the second he stepped on campus.

If they want to stay motion offense orientated or keep things cutsey they can focus the TE blocking scheme on either cracking down on the DE out of pre snap motion or getting to the second level LBs on every run play. Jet/Fly sweeps can stay in but use ahmed out of the slot to run them.

You can run the multiple TE power run out of the shotgun or from under center, tight or spread, based on the matchups with the other team if you want too also.

The entire offense runs better, including browning, when we move with just a little bit of tempo, it doesn't have to be 2012 oregon fast, just a little bit of urgency and building of momentum would be nice.
    Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

This is what I dont get, how can they not possibly know by now? Its the same fucking coaches with the same QB and RB... This isnt some massive rebuild with a ton of turn over or a year with all new players... they have known the starters for 18+ months.

QB- can't anticipate a route open, has a weak arm, will make at least one horrible decision a game (usually against zone defense)... He is above average at scrambling forward (about it)

RB - great group; gaskin, ahmed, mcgrew, pleasant can all do pretty much whatever you want them to do

OL - Plenty good for Pac 12 play, Can run to both sides of the line, plenty big.

WR - won't break away from coverage, JAG athleticism, will do a bunch of little things like blocking, can make some great catches but dont focus gameplan around.

This team's talent screams power run, multiple TE sets, plenty of play action, with short timing crossing/drags/outs/slants... When the defense creeps up, seem to TE or WR deep. The offense with browning was always going to be limited vertically, they knew this the second he stepped on campus.

If they want to stay motion offense orientated or keep things cutsey they can focus the TE blocking scheme on either cracking down on the DE out of pre snap motion or getting to the second level LBs on every run play. Jet/Fly sweeps can stay in but use ahmed out of the slot to run them.

You can run the multiple TE power run out of the shotgun or from under center, tight or spread, based on the matchups with the other team if you want too also.

The entire offense runs better, including browning, when we move with just a little bit of tempo, it doesn't have to be 2012 oregon fast, just a little bit of urgency and building of momentum would be nice.
    Why is this so hard? Let's not use the excuse that it could tire out the offense. The less thinking Jake has to do the better. This is proven, not just some theory. Jake has preformed better with tempo always.

Put some intern on cutting up tape from the last four years when Jake has been at his best. Its obvious.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    doogville said:

Fuck all this.

7 points through 2 & a half quarters versus CAL?!

First truly ballsy decision has made that surprised me in 5 years. It didn't work, that's the breaks.

But his willingness to do it makes me far more optimistic about the future than riding Jake to a 10-6 win OVER FUCKING CAL.

In defense of Cal (NT), we? do have a pretty good defense
    BearsWiin said:

doogville said:

Fuck all this.

7 points through 2 & a half quarters versus CAL?!

First truly ballsy decision has made that surprised me in 5 years. It didn't work, that's the breaks.

But his willingness to do it makes me far more optimistic about the future than riding Jake to a 10-6 win OVER FUCKING CAL.

In defense of Cal (NT), we? do have a pretty good defense
    Giving up 171 yards a game on the ground. Meh.

I remember seeing Ahmed ripping a 9 yard between the tackles. Then ends up with -2 yards on the. Hamdan is truly a disaster.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    whuggy said:

Well everyone wanted Haener and we got him. You are correct when you say the timing was awful. He should have been getting meaningful snaps in earlier games to help prep him for this situation. Giving him 2nd quarter series in most of the games before this one would have done him a world of good. Pete chose to only use him in garbage times. And garbage is what you got.

Not everyone
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Stay positive guys!
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    jecornel said:

Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

Why is this so hard? Let's not use the excuse that it could tire out the offense. The less thinking Jake has to do the better. This is proven, not just some theory. Jake has preformed better with tempo always.

Put some intern on cutting up tape from the last four years when Jake has been at his best. Its obvious.
    In typical hurry up situations, defense usually plays back in soft coverage allowing short routes and anything in the middle; where Jake’s cobra arm is most deadly. However just running up tempo won’t make the defense play soft. If UW pulls the up tempo out of nowhere; I think they just go three and out quicker.