Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm torn as the script says WSU loses on Saturday....but also they lose Apple Cup being the higher ranked team.

Perhaps abundance
  • Options

Fond memories of the last time I was in Pullman, dancing on the cougar at midfield and dodging empty bottles of Jack. Rich Waltz was hiding under a podium with the fear of god in his eyes and Reggie had a dude hanging off of each leg trying to keep him from going into the stands and becoming a Dennis Erickson guy. Pretty sure the Walking Dead was inspired by the walk down Greek Row after the game. #StoryTimeWithWilbur
    That was a good time! I remember SWAT arm in arm across the entire field walking right at us to get us off the field. I had to go back into the stands at the far endzone to make my way back.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018

Fond memories of the last time I was in Pullman, dancing on the cougar at midfield and dodging empty bottles of Jack. Rich Waltz was hiding under a podium with the fear of god in his eyes and Reggie had a dude hanging off of each leg trying to keep him from going into the stands and becoming a Dennis Erickson guy. Pretty sure the Walking Dead was inspired by the walk down Greek Row after the game. #StoryTimeWithWilbur
    Babs feared for her life, IIRC
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought she feared for her life in Miami?

Abundance?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Abundance?

God Miami is/was a fucking dump. I was supposed to go with the wife but then 9/11 happened and she could not get the time off of work for the rescheduled date. I took my daughter....huge mistake. Walking in and out of that shithole was definitely the most alert I have ever been going to a game.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jesus H. Lest anyone question why they are the original coogs ans why all derivatives of coog was spawned.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Put that shit in the Urban Dictionary as the definition of a Coog
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Cocky Coog is best Coog, hth.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Abundance?

She had a lot of fear in her life
    The fuck? Old Orange Bowl Miami was the best. Although I would’nt even take Damone’s slutty daughter there.
  • Options

I was on the field after both the 2000 and 2002 Apple Cups. Good times.
    Ditto
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I was on the field after both the 2000 and 2002 Apple Cups. Good times.
    Sucker punch Austin Sefarian Jenkins after the AC, then pop off!
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LaZoris said:

"A few bottles were hurled toward the field. And then a whole bunch followed.

"We all go berserk," Huskies offensive tackle Khalif Barnes recalled. "Things were great. And then I started dodging bottles."

UW receiver Reggie Williams was hit by a bottle, though he didn't want to talk about it yesterday. Outside linebacker Greg Carothers' father was hit by a bottle. So was Tacoma News Tribune Huskies beat writer Craig Hill. A Seattle television reporter barely flinched when a cup of beer landed on his head while he interviewed kicker John Anderson.

UW athletic director Barbara Hedges said at the time she "feared for her life."

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/Apple-Cup-of-2002-turned-crazy-1130024.php

I had heard later that after the initial barrage of bottles people just happened to be holding, some students working concessions were handing out cases of full coke bottles to be thrown.
    Considering the sheer volume of bottles that were pounding the turf around us, I believe it. The sky was quite a site for about 30-40 seconds at peak. It really sweetened the win as far as I'm concerned. We just continued to celebrate

...in the shade

Oh snap!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    I was there. While a few Dasanis came out after the missed call to end the game, Reggie and a couple others taunting the crowd set it off for realz. No excuse though. I was impressed at how well you traveled for having such a shitty team that year.

Chances are you’ll have a chance to send Stanford to the PAC 12 CG again this year. I’ll be there.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Abundance?

God Miami is/was a fucking dump. I was supposed to go with the wife but then 9/11 happened and she could not get the time off of work for the rescheduled date. I took my daughter....huge mistake. Walking in and out of that shithole was definitely the most alert I have ever been going to a game.
    @creepycoug true?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

I was there. While a few Dasanis came out after the missed call to end the game, Reggie and a couple others taunting the crowd set it off for realz.

This is bullshit. I was there.