Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFISHUL Hakim Akbar appreciation thread...

There should be a #9 safety thing. God. I loved him so much. Him and Curtis were a great pair of Ss and I seriously wish he had played under Lake.

He was, as the kids say, he was a “hitta”.

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He was a stud Dennis. They used him as a player comparison when recruiting my guy Keauntea Bankhead in HS. I thought it was very fitting.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

He was a stud Dennis. They used him as a player comparison when recruiting my guy Keauntea Bankhead in HS. I thought it was very fitting.

Your guy? Wasn’t he in the first season of Last Chance U?
    Academis casualty
  • Options

Him and Diederichs were academics casualties.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You mean they were too dumb to get the very bare minimum with the most relaxed standards possible to eek into school?
  • Options

You mean they were too dumb to get the very bare minimum with the most relaxed standards possible to eek into school?
    They weren't dumb. Far from it. They took a few courses that were not transferable to college level. The courses were taught by the head football coach who was a special eds teacher. I never understood why the schools didn't realize this sooner when they were getting recruited. It caught everybody off guard at the time.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,958
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hakim played HS ball at Riverside Poly where one of my two dads went to school. Bobby Bonds came out of there too.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Hakim played HS ball at Riverside Poly where one of my two dads went to school. Bobby Bonds came out of there too.

Cool story
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,958
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Cool story
    *bro

Was gonna shout out @RaceBannon but he moved.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

There should be a #9 safety thing. God. I loved him so much. Him and Curtis were a great pair of Ss and I seriously wish he had played under Lake.

But was he explosive?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

good idea. Milloy was #9 as well.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Maybe he was just lazy? uncommitted?
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

He and Jayson Bass would have been the core of an amazing defense.
  • Options
    Gmizzle562Gmizzle562 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I played with hakim in high school and he was one of the best athletes I’d played with he was also a running back and 100m finalists..hakim was the prime example of having to grow up fast and not having the proper guidance him n his brother lived on their own in high school.had he stayed in school he’d been a top 10 pick! The car accident as a rookie changed the path of his career he hung around the nfl for 5 6 years then played a year in the cfl and retired...he hit me one time doing drills n practice and I knew! Damn I’m glad he is on my team! The most viscous sacrifice your body hitter I’ve ever seen!! He never lost passion and love for the game he was the hardest worker in the gym hence moving to linebacker in the nfl he just couldn’t stay healthy
  • Options
    Gmizzle562Gmizzle562 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Purple blaze wtf? Smh! We see the life u have!!