Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is racism?

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,528
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2013 in Tug Tavern
I had an interesting conversation with a friend who doesn't like the classic movie "A Christmas Story". Among his list of complaints was the Chinese restaurant scene's alleged blatant racism. Can someone please explain how this is racist? I think it's comedy gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=46WcFObgYhI

Comments

• Options
    dnc said:

Anything that makes white people laugh at someone who is not white is racist.

hth

Disagree.

South Park is the funniest show on TV.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Anything that makes white people laugh at someone who is not white is racist.

hth

Disagree.

South Park is the funniest show on TV.
    One of us is being whooshed here

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only thing your friend had right is that "A Christmas Story" sucks. It's overrated and was okay for watching the first time, but the dinguses who watch it every Christmas because they think it is classic are fucking lame. I'll take Home Alone over that movie every time.

Comedy gold? Fuck, I would hate for you to watch Wedding Crashers, Step Brothers, or a movie that is actually funny.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013

The only thing your friend had right is that "A Christmas Story" sucks. It's overrated and was okay for watching the first time, but the dinguses who watch it every Christmas because they think it is classic are fucking lame. I'll take Home Alone over that movie every time.

Comedy gold? Fuck, I would hate for you to watch Wedding Crashers, Step Brothers, or a movie that is actually funny.

Fuck you and your stupid opinion. Commie.
  • Options
    I like to Mach classic comedies by referencing overrated comedies like Step Brothers, that's what I like to do.

A Christmas Story > Step Brothers.

With a bullet.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Disagree. Christmas story is a fantastic movie. Step Brothers and Wedding Crashers are also both good. I would take Home Alone over Christmas Story as well.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm fine with it.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I thought that suggestive leg lamp was far more offensive than this scene
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    wedding crashers was a good movie? Holee shit
  • Options
    Dick_B said:

Wedding Crashers is the comedy goat.
  • Options
    Home

Dick_B said:

Not sure about the goat, but Wedding Crashers was pretty funny. I'd take Old School, Anchorman and especially Borat over it, from that 2003-2007 era, though. I'm probably forgetting something else too.

• Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    Blazing Saddles and Airplane
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you are over the age of 7, how does a Christmas Story make you laugh? Maybe a small chuckle once or twice if you haven't seen it for a few years. What parts do you guys think are so funny? The Asians singing is the funniest part. When Ralphie says fuck? When he gets his mouth washed out with soap? When his brother acts like a pig at the dinner table? When the kid gets his tongue stuck to the pole? When Ralphie shoots his eye out?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    dnc said:

Home

Dick_B said:

Not sure about the goat, but Wedding Crashers was pretty funny. I'd take Old School, Anchorman and especially Borat over it, from that 2003-2007 era, though. I'm probably forgetting something else too.

Old School and Borat are great. Borat for the first time was incredible. The first half of Wedding Crashers is the goat when it comes to comedy, and has held up very well over time. Anchorman is an entertaining movie, but Step Brothers is way funnier. More belly laughs in Step Brothers for sure. Take a few bong rips, a joint, a knife hit, or however else you prefer smoking some weed and watch that one again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbJHlrOJyng

• Options

If you are over the age of 7, how does a Christmas Story make you laugh? Maybe a small chuckle once or twice if you haven't seen it for a few years. What parts do you guys think are so funny? The Asians singing is the funniest part. When Ralphie says fuck? When he gets his mouth washed out with soap? When his brother acts like a pig at the dinner table? When the kid gets his tongue stuck to the pole? When Ralphie shoots his eye out?

I imagine it's the same age group that finds the Three Stooges funny.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I just like the plot and the character development. And the way they used foreshadowing.

But seriously. Home Alone is stupid because of the sappy ending and feel good bullshit, and I have no idea why you mentioned non-holiday movies in this thread.

The moral of the story is.... If you hate Raphie and his bb gun, you hate America. And you are a commie.