Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Was just told to shut up

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
By a faux (lol) news watching right wing family member. He was defending the Duck Dynasty idiot by saying he was just "quoting the scripture" and going on and on about freedom of speech. So, I started reading the quote. When I got to the word vagina, which I admittedly said in all CAPS, he said "shut up my daughter is right there". He failed to see the irony.

Comments

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    This is what I don't get ...

He exercised his freedom of speech. Period. Why is everyone outraged? He's still a free man...

Did they expect him to get a spinoff show (promotion) out of it.

Phil Robertson fansFS

• Options
    What's Duck Dynasty?

I don't watch reality TV.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,987
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    "Duck Dynasty idiot"

"I hate it when people are different from me." - AllPurpleAllGold, December 2013
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2013

What's Duck Dynasty?

No Fox News. No Breitbart. No Duck Dynasty? No reality TV? How about the Bible? New Testament? 76% of Americans are Christian. But the VOCAL majority in here are not?

Romans 1:18
    God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodly behavior and the injustice of human beings who silence the truth with injustice. This is because what is known about God should be plain to them because God made it plain to them. Ever since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities—God’s eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, because they are understood through the things God has made. So humans are without excuse. Although they knew God, they didn’t honor God as God or thank him. Instead, their reasoning became pointless, and their foolish hearts were darkened. While they were claiming to be wise, they made fools of themselves. They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that look like mortal humans: birds, animals, and reptiles. So God abandoned them to their hearts’ desires, which led to the moral corruption of degrading their own bodies with each other. They traded God’s truth for a lie, and they worshiped and served the creation instead of the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

That’s why God abandoned them to degrading lust. Their females traded natural sexual relations for unnatural sexual relations. Also, in the same way, the males traded natural sexual relations with females, and burned with lust for each other. Males performed shameful actions with males, and they were paid back with the penalty they deserved for their mistake in their own bodies. Since they didn’t think it was worthwhile to acknowledge God, God abandoned them to a defective mind to do inappropriate things. So they were filled with all injustice, wicked behavior, greed, and evil behavior. They are full of jealousy, murder, fighting, deception, and malice. They are gossips, they slander people, and they hate God. They are rude and proud, and they brag. They invent ways to be evil, and they are disobedient to their parents. They are without understanding, disloyal, without affection, and without mercy. Though they know God’s decision that those who persist in such practices deserve death, they not only keep doing these things but also approve others who practice them.

Don't blame Phil Robertson; blame Saint Paul and Jesus.
  • Options

"Duck Dynasty idiot"

"I hate it when people are different from me." - AllPurpleAllGold, December 2013

"We don't tolerate intolerance." - AllPurpleAllGold, December 2013
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,987
    Founders Club

"Duck Dynasty idiot"

I wonder what TheKobeStopper would say about all this...
  • Options

What's Duck Dynasty?

No Fox News. No Breitbart. No Duck Dynasty? No reality TV? How about the Bible? New Testament? 76% of Americans are Christian. But the VOCAL majority in here are not?

God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodly behavior and the injustice of human beings who silence the truth with injustice. This is because what is known about God should be plain to them because God made it plain to them. Ever since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities—God’s eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, because they are understood through the things God has made. So humans are without excuse. Although they knew God, they didn’t honor God as God or thank him. Instead, their reasoning became pointless, and their foolish hearts were darkened. While they were claiming to be wise, they made fools of themselves. They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that look like mortal humans: birds, animals, and reptiles. So God abandoned them to their hearts’ desires, which led to the moral corruption of degrading their own bodies with each other. They traded God’s truth for a lie, and they worshipped and served the creation instead of the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

That’s why God abandoned them to degrading lust. Their females traded natural sexual relations for unnatural sexual relations. Also, in the same way, the males traded natural sexual relations with females, and burned with lust for each other. Males performed shameful actions with males, and they were paid back with the penalty they deserved for their mistake in their own bodies. Since they didn’t think it was worthwhile to acknowledge God, God abandoned them to a defective mind to do inappropriate things. So they were filled with all injustice, wicked behavior, greed, and evil behavior. They are full of jealousy, murder, fighting, deception, and malice. They are gossips, they slander people, and they hate God. They are rude and proud, and they brag. They invent ways to be evil, and they are disobedient to their parents. They are without understanding, disloyal, without affection, and without mercy. Though they know God’s decision that those who persist in such practices deserve death, they not only keep doing these things but also approve others who practice them

Brilliant.
  • Options

"Duck Dynasty idiot"

I wonder what TheKobeStopper would say about all this...
    Who's that? Does he post here?
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    someone is pressing
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    A&EFS made a huge business mistake suspending Phil. Do these idiots realize who their target market is? Why should A&E care if the 3-4 gay viewers that watch the show happen to boycot? They probably just lost 1-2 million viewers from the hardcore south by bending over to the PC police.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Its so funny how pissed off some people get with Christianity.

It's not because of Christianity. It's bullshit to say hateful shit about gay people and hide behind the bible. A lot of Christians I know are very tolerant of gay people, realize the bible was written a long time ago, is probably mostly fiction, and should not be taken literally. If a guy likes other guys, STFU and let him be.

I also don't think Phil should have to apologize if he doesn't want to, and while it is A&E's (the station Duck Dynasty is on) prerogative to fire or suspend Phil, they shouldn't give in to the PC police. Those who are outraged by this guy can simply not watch the show. Those who agree with Phil or simply watch Duck Dynasty because they enjoy it can keep on watching. It shouldn't make any fucking difference in anyone's life if Duck Dynasty is on tv or not.

People are so fucking vapid to even be concerned about something so trivial. It's sad how fucking stupid society is. Everyone will forget about this in a week or two when some other celebrity of any scale does or says something controversial. The PC police are just as spiteful and wrong as Phil is.

Choose your own adventure Christians are just as bad as any other kind. Believing that your morality was decreed by god, but just the parts you agree with, is fucking stupid.
    agree

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

What's Duck Dynasty?

God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodly behavior and the injustice of human beings who silence the truth with injustice. This is because what is known about God should be plain to them because God made it plain to them. Ever since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities—God’s eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, because they are understood through the things God has made. So humans are without excuse. Although they knew God, they didn’t honor God as God or thank him. Instead, their reasoning became pointless, and their foolish hearts were darkened. While they were claiming to be wise, they made fools of themselves. They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that look like mortal humans: birds, animals, and reptiles. So God abandoned them to their hearts’ desires, which led to the moral corruption of degrading their own bodies with each other. They traded God’s truth for a lie, and they worshiped and served the creation instead of the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

That’s why God abandoned them to degrading lust. Their females traded natural sexual relations for unnatural sexual relations. Also, in the same way, the males traded natural sexual relations with females, and burned with lust for each other. Males performed shameful actions with males, and they were paid back with the penalty they deserved for their mistake in their own bodies. Since they didn’t think it was worthwhile to acknowledge God, God abandoned them to a defective mind to do inappropriate things. So they were filled with all injustice, wicked behavior, greed, and evil behavior. They are full of jealousy, murder, fighting, deception, and malice. They are gossips, they slander people, and they hate God. They are rude and proud, and they brag. They invent ways to be evil, and they are disobedient to their parents. They are without understanding, disloyal, without affection, and without mercy. Though they know God’s decision that those who persist in such practices deserve death, they not only keep doing these things but also approve others who practice them.

Yeah, but can I still do hookers and blow?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,577
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think Mormons are better christians than christians, plus multiple wives is looked at as a positive.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1
    jecornel said:

I think Mormons are better christians than christians, plus multiple wives is looked at as a positive.

Fuck that shit. One pain in the ass mother in law is enough.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    edited December 2013

jecornel said:

Fuck that shit. One pain in the ass mother in law is enough.
    Sister wives?