Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Simote Pepa, 2019-2021 4* DT, South Jordan (Bingham), UT (Offered)

124»

Comments

• DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Jordan should enroll next January only time will tell

He looked great pass as a pass rusher coming out of HS. Assuming we get our plan D buck prospect(or none at all) in this class we basically need him to end up at UW.
    He most likely a DT unless he dropped weight down to 230
    Kid was 257 or something when signed with us, u think he got smaller? He mostly likely at 275 by now. Too big for buck at that point.
    UW had him at 6’1 247 on NSD, and they went out of their way to call him a LB and stress his speed off the edge. If he gained 30 lbs on his 2 year mission as you claim then that’s what is it, but it’s not how they projected him.
    And even if he’s 275 now then hes as big as Benning is and should be dominant in the run with more pass rush ability of the edge.
    Speaking from personal knowledge I have not see a poly guy get older or lose weight. They usually get bigger
    Oh, well then I guess Tuputala is gonna be a DT too huh cause he’s 6’2 240+, right?

Can’t just make blanket statements you gotta look at body structure, how/where they carry their weight and to what extent changes to weight distributions will hurt/help their athleticism. You’re looking for a sweet spot between max size and peak athleticism. I think the coaches have better sense of the physical projections for where a kid will end up after putting them through the S&C program, than someone with “personal knowledge” and never seen the kid in person.