Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is biggest cause of Husky Stadium fan apathy?

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Maple Valley Starter Jacket hicks defected to the Seahawks
    Swaye said:

Abundance.

Yes, abundance is the easy answer, but still...pick one damn it.
    But it really is all of it. Night games, Crazy Larry, shit product for 15 years, Seachickens getting good, old logger Seattle > new hipster faggy Seattle, traffic, parking/tailgating challenges, the changing demographic of the student body (I swear only half the kids grew up in WA and even those are mostly the super smart nerds of their schools), and 70" HD TV's. Everything all culminated over the last 20 years to make much of this not worth fooling with.
    This is why I ended up at a women’s volleyball school.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,531
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    Bread said:

Watching from home is a better experience now. Stadiums suck. 60"+ HD TVs are the main difference from last time we were good.

what he said

plus I moved and it is a minimum of 2 hours each way to the game. So night games are the shits for living in the country - wife left alone with the neighbor boys isn't my cup of tea...
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,085
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    Write-in Option

I would say the biggest problem, to channel DDY, is our marketing.

We do shit like move the student section out of relevance.

We do shit like fucking over long term tailgate fans who have invested in helping create a game day atmosphere.

We do shit like fucking over long term season ticket holders.

In summary, our AD and marketing is too focused on "growth of new fans" who won't be that invested unless we are winning instead of supporting and listening to an already rabid and long established core fan base.

We need to send a crack team of expurts to places like Wisconsin, tOSU, Georgia, etc and observe what their game day experience is like. I feel that perhaps Seattle has changed too much since the early 90's for our? ever to truly get Husky Stadium back to 1990's form. But to your points, better marketing + mor winning can help.
    Wisconsin student section fills up super late (see picture and gameclock). Tailgating scene at Wisconsin is awesome despite having a less conducive set of giant parking lots available. The in game experience blows husky stadium out of the water. People are a lot more engaged in non game activities though. When husky stadium used to be focused on the game and into it first down would be louder than Wisconsin on third down. No flashing shit though, good band, just an overall college game atmosphere.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Husky Football Circa 2002- 15

AS A GUY FROM KENT WHO SHOPS FOR VINTAGE STARTERS ON EBAY LIKE A FAG HIPSTER I REALLY FUCKING RESENT THE MAPLE VALLEY HICKS STARTER JACKET COMMENT!!!!!!!

I meant that for you AC/DC and Styx loving hick.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    We're a lady's layup champeenship town. How can I possibly be enthusiastic about these boorish brutes when my fellow man has to walk entire city blocks just to shoot up indoors and wipe his ass with the curb?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    People out west don't give a fuck about football

It's not a cool social event like other places

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Write-in Option
    Donor sections too expensive so full of rich old white folk. I was in 108 and the lady in front of me kept giving me the stink eye for yelling on third downs and big plays. And everyone sat down right away rather than staying standing.

Student section....I feel there's more students that can attend now than there was in the early 90s on the north sideline. So that's probably a wash.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

AS A GUY FROM KENT WHO SHOPS FOR VINTAGE STARTERS ON EBAY LIKE A FAG HIPSTER I REALLY FUCKING RESENT THE MAPLE VALLEY HICKS STARTER JACKET COMMENT!!!!!!!

I meant that for you AC/DC and Styx loving hick.
    Hurtful
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Bread said:

Watching from home is a better experience now. Stadiums suck. 60"+ HD TVs are the main difference from last time we were good.

He's right, you know.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Swaye said:

Abundance.

Yes, abundance is the easy answer, but still...pick one damn it.
    But it really is all of it. Night games, Crazy Larry, shit product for 15 years, Seachickens getting good, old logger Seattle > new hipster faggy Seattle, traffic, parking/tailgating challenges, the changing demographic of the student body (I swear only half the kids grew up in WA and even those are mostly the super smart nerds of their schools), and 70" HD TV's. Everything all culminated over the last 20 years to make much of this not worth fooling with.
    This is why I ended up at a women’s volleyball school.
    You're going to UW?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    they just need a t-shirt gun that can reach the top of the upper deck
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    Tell me the story of Crazy Larry

It's so fucking lame I cant even handle it
  • Options