Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Kavanaugh is an obvious piece of shit, but the GOP doesn't care.

If they had been smart enough to nominate another Gorsuch, the confirmation would already be complete.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SCOTUS will operate just fine with 8 justices. It did for most of 2016. It can do so again.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

SCOTUS will operate just fine with 8 justices. It did for most of 2016. It can do so again.

Let the voters decide in November.
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LMAO I wasnt a kavanaugh supporter til I read this story he seemed too conservative
    now hes starting to sound like a fun guy I hope he gets confirmed
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I ran the GOP senate - I would ask Grassley to cancel the Thursday session and push forward the vote on Kava just to piss the press off then the demos.
    A serious question, did anyone think that another allegation was not going to come out this weekend??
    Unfortunately some here think Kava-naw is not a qualified jurist.
    LebamDawg said:

If I ran the GOP senate - I would ask Grassley to cancel the Thursday session and push forward the vote on Kava just to piss the press off then the demos.
    A serious question, did anyone think that another allegation was not going to come out this weekend??

I don't prefer my supreme court justices to rule based on politics. On either side. So pretty much anyone nominated isn't qualified at this point in time.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

LebamDawg said:

I don't prefer my supreme court justices to rule based on politics. On either side. So pretty much anyone nominated isn't qualified at this point in time.
    so who do you think votes more party lines - the women? or the last three men selected? I would love to see all justices rule on law and leave emotions out - that will never happen. I don't remember reading about one - since it sure as hell hasn't happened in my lifetime
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

LebamDawg said:

What was your preference between 2008-2016?

2001400ex said:

LebamDawg said:

What was your preference between 2008-2016?
    To rule based on the Constitution. Little known fact, the majority of the decisions are 9-0 or 8-1. However shit like the Obamacare decision. 4 of the justices didn't read it and voted against it. 4 of them didn't read it and voted for it. Then it was left to one Justice to decide the fate of a key tenant of the bill. Rather than letting the Constitution, amendments, and precedent to determine the outcome.