Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

5 reasons this week

2»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    NEsnake12 said:

SayYesToTheRock
    Re: 5 Reasons UW will beat ASU tomorrow
    Unread post Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:20 pm

First of all, welcome to Boone, the Heart of the High Country.

If you're looking for something to do before the game, I would hit the Peddler for steak. Cobo or Makoto’s for sushi. Come Back Shack has the best burger in town. Lost Province has great pizza and cold beer and you can walk to the game from there.

Dan’l Boone Inn has an incredible “Family Style" special $18.95 all you can eat, and a short walk to the game. Plus they have a lot of cool pamphlets so you can hang with your peeps and catch some other High Country activities.

If you like to have a few "sodas" you can can carry them around in a big plastic cup.

Don't forget to go up to Howard’s Knob. Hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. Visit Banner Elk. Go to Grandfather Mountain. Visit Mystery Hill and see the natural gravitational anomaly. Hit the Turchin Art Center. Don't forget to go to Appalachian Mountain Brewery. Oh, and walk down King Street. Go to ODB. Get the curry pumpkin chowder.

All that said, here is why Appalachian will come out of the game victorious tomorrow.

1. Jalin “Cobra” Moore. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 3 of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Victor Johnson, Noah Hannon, Center, Chandler Greer, Edge-Campbell. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Brown . The same defensive scheme and the same attitude. Everyone is speaking out about our game plan on defense vs Toledo and our game planning since then. you will see the same defense that shut out Toled0 on 12/23/17

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team Appalachian has had this century, maybe since 1991! Corey Sutton, Malik Williams, Darrynton Evans, Jalen Virgil, Dominique Heath. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think Appalachian wins this one rather easily, say… 34-17???

good effort, flagged for no Ossai.

shame on you alleged Dwags for not catching this
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    AZDuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

SayYesToTheRock
    Re: 5 Reasons UW will beat ASU tomorrow
    Unread post Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:20 pm

First of all, welcome to Boone, the Heart of the High Country.

If you're looking for something to do before the game, I would hit the Peddler for steak. Cobo or Makoto’s for sushi. Come Back Shack has the best burger in town. Lost Province has great pizza and cold beer and you can walk to the game from there.

Dan’l Boone Inn has an incredible “Family Style" special $18.95 all you can eat, and a short walk to the game. Plus they have a lot of cool pamphlets so you can hang with your peeps and catch some other High Country activities.

If you like to have a few "sodas" you can can carry them around in a big plastic cup.

Don't forget to go up to Howard’s Knob. Hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. Visit Banner Elk. Go to Grandfather Mountain. Visit Mystery Hill and see the natural gravitational anomaly. Hit the Turchin Art Center. Don't forget to go to Appalachian Mountain Brewery. Oh, and walk down King Street. Go to ODB. Get the curry pumpkin chowder.

All that said, here is why Appalachian will come out of the game victorious tomorrow.

1. Jalin “Cobra” Moore. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 3 of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Victor Johnson, Noah Hannon, Center, Chandler Greer, Edge-Campbell. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Brown . The same defensive scheme and the same attitude. Everyone is speaking out about our game plan on defense vs Toledo and our game planning since then. you will see the same defense that shut out Toled0 on 12/23/17

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team Appalachian has had this century, maybe since 1991! Corey Sutton, Malik Williams, Darrynton Evans, Jalen Virgil, Dominique Heath. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think Appalachian wins this one rather easily, say… 34-17???

good effort, flagged for no Ossai.

shame on you alleged Dwags for not catching this
    Flagged for not knowing that was an App St fan that posted it.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Someone should post a Wisconsin version on ASU's bored

Waiting until next week to do that on BYU boards would be chincredible
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

@PurpleBaze
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@PurpleBaze
    I'm way too lazy.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:
    I laffed.

Lower education at a lower cost is more like it.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    Why even play the game if "what he said" is going to be the outcome? Oh, they said that about a Michigan game some years ago. So, PLAY THE GAME! THAT'S WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jake Kaho nice touch
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018
    Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:24 pm

:idea: I haven't smoked my supper tonight like some people, but I had a beer or twelve.
    This has been fun tonight. We are playing GWU (Gardner Webb Univ) this weekend right? I just googled "GWU" and George Washington University came up.
    Let's go troll on their "GWU" message board and tell them 5 reasons we will beat them in Football in Boone, NC tomorrow!!