Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2019 Recruiting Bored (Updated 9/27/18)

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I really doubt he's gonna walk on at UW when he has Ivy League offers. He'd have to be too dumb to be able to get those Ivy League offers in the first place.

Do ivies give full athletic schollies now? I know they never used to.
    They don’t, but theyoffer assistance other ways. Pretty much a scholarship without being called one
    This. But more importantly, it's a fucking Ivy League school.
    I steered my kid away from the Ivy Leagues, and don't regret it for a second. Didn't want her majoring in Ethnic Studies and moving into my basement after graduation with 250k in student loans. Instead she's having the time of her life elsewhere, got a basketful of scholies and will graduate with zero debt.

Call it a humble-brag, that's fine. But given all the Ivy League dipshits and Mrs. degrees I've encountered through the years, I can say with certainty that those schools are vastly overrated and many are located in dull shithole towns. Blech.
    You sound poor.
    Seriously. Spinzone like you read about. Also I steered myself away from Stanford, you know, didn’t apply or get accepted, but steered myself away non the less, couldn’t deal with all the nerds majoring in ethnic studies. It’s not like the Ivy’s and Stanford are feeders into the top financial institutions and tech companies in the world or anything like that.
    I believe you didn’t go to Stanford or Ivy.

Nonetheless is one word and has an e, since non has a different meaning than none.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I made my money selling drugs. School is for morons who think going into $250k of debt so they can party for four years is a great idea.

But they WANNA go!

95% of college students would be better served working at a bar or restaurant... you can still get herp and fuck in a relatively small circle, though there are always new people coming in and out of your lives you can fuck on the periphery... you can get drunk and get up late and do tons of drugs...

BUT instead of going into $250k debt, you get paid. The only catch is you don’t get to have your retard husband post on message boreds your sympathetic plight of thinking that going to a college, sitting there and not being worth a shit (which, again, is 95% of college students) would lead to gainful employment outside of the 20 or so jobs in this economy that haven’t been reduced to serfdom by your corporate overlords.

When I finally got in-state tuition starting my JR year, it was $3300 a year at UDub for tuition and books. As @RaceBannon always says, I got mine, fuck everyone else.
    #MeToo

These people who go to private school pay a fucking grip and PLAY SPURTZ while they go (lol wtf - okay - I’m going to pay a billion bucks for school, but I will constantly be distracted by an inconsequential pastime that will benefit the school and reduce my ability to receive the benefit I’m paying for!!! #Winning) then complain about their plight are so retarded...

“WHEN THEY SOLD ME MY MAS THEY DIDN’T TELL ME I MIGHT KILL MYSELF!!! YOU MEAN I HAD TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING?!!! IT ISN’T JUST A FUN MACHINE?!? WHAT A SCAM!!! THOSE THINGS CAN KILL YOU, NEVER GET ONE!!!”

JFC
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I made my money selling drugs. School is for morons who think going into $250k of debt so they can party for four years is a great idea.

But they WANNA go!

95% of college students would be better served working at a bar or restaurant... you can still get herp and fuck in a relatively small circle, though there are always new people coming in and out of your lives you can fuck on the periphery... you can get drunk and get up late and do tons of drugs...

BUT instead of going into $250k debt, you get paid. The only catch is you don’t get to have your retard husband post on message boreds your sympathetic plight of thinking that going to a college, sitting there and not being worth a shit (which, again, is 95% of college students) would lead to gainful employment outside of the 20 or so jobs in this economy that haven’t been reduced to serfdom by your corporate overlords.

When I finally got in-state tuition starting my JR year, it was $3300 a year at UDub for tuition and books. As @RaceBannon always says, I got mine, fuck everyone else.
    #MeToo

These people who go to private school pay a fucking grip and PLAY SPURTZ while they go (lol wtf - okay - I’m going to pay a billion bucks for school, but I will constantly be distracted by an inconsequential pastime that will benefit the school and reduce my ability to receive the benefit I’m paying for!!! #Winning) then complain about their plight are so retarded...

“WHEN THEY SOLD ME MY MAS THEY DIDN’T TELL ME I MIGHT KILL MYSELF!!! YOU MEAN I HAD TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING?!!! IT ISN’T JUST A FUN MACHINE?!? WHAT A SCAM!!! THOSE THINGS CAN KILL YOU, NEVER GET ONE!!!”

JFC
    Leveraging spurtz for a free education can work in the right circumstance. For example, if you are female of 5'10" or more and not a total wimp, row boat is bar by the easiest path to a D I schollie. Row boat is the greatestest Title IX equalizer because is have a ton people on a roster, but since there are only 4 to 5 road trips per year, the travel budget is extremely low.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

But they WANNA go!

#MeToo

JFC
    Leveraging spurtz for a free education can work in the right circumstance. For example, if you are female of 5'10" or more and not a total wimp, row boat is bar by the easiest path to a D I schollie. Row boat is the greatestest Title IX equalizer because is have a ton people on a roster, but since there are only 4 to 5 road trips per year, the travel budget is extremely low.
    God damn it!! Keep all the rowing hawt talk of this board
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

But they WANNA go!

#MeToo

JFC
    LEAVE
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

But they WANNA go!

#MeToo

JFC
    LEAVE
    Like dnc?
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    I'd bet a lot of money that Dennis badly wanted to go to an Ivy League school but got rejected.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Squirt said:

I'd bet a lot of money that Dennis badly wanted to go to an Ivy League school but got rejected.

You'd looser that bet.

He gradiated and errything.
    @IrishDawg22, a little help here?
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I really doubt he's gonna walk on at UW when he has Ivy League offers. He'd have to be too dumb to be able to get those Ivy League offers in the first place.

We had a PWO OL last year with ivy offers, Will Pliska. If you want to play pac-12 football that much and you can afford to walk-on, you don’t give a fuck what other non P5 offers you have.