Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 Recruiting Bored (Updated 9/27/18)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

why does this thread keep on getting unpinned?

I pinned it, but I think perhaps someone unpinned it? Keep in mind, Dennis and Coker own this section of the shithole, so I try not to get in their business much. If they want it pinned, they will pin it. Bitch at your fellow white devils, not me.
    Like I said redman, they just let you think you have mod privileges. White man still runs this place
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6378732/5b9e0c8819af1d099434fe35
    Haha I love watching this kind of film. It's all pancake blocks over and over, and then almost kills a kid on a punt return. But this is the type of guy I'd hope we'd be looking at as a PWO. Likely a MWC type of kid at the end of the day but wouldn't be shocked if he ultimately ended up at Oregon State though, they've got no OL committed yet.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Domicillo said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6378732/5b9e0c8819af1d099434fe35
    Haha I love watching this kind of film. It's all pancake blocks over and over, and then almost kills a kid on a punt return. But this is the type of guy I'd hope we'd be looking at as a PWO. Likely a MWC type of kid at the end of the day but wouldn't be shocked if he ultimately ended up at Oregon State though, they've got no OL committed yet.

Agreed, he does have offers from Air Force and a handful of Ivy League schools. This is the type of kid that can buy in as PWO and potentially develop and earn and a scholarship down the line. I also love Poly walk ons, the more the better. Just gets the Poly pipeline that much stronger. No one needs another white walk on from Mount Si or Meadowdale on the team.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    I really doubt he's gonna walk on at UW when he has Ivy League offers. He'd have to be too dumb to be able to get those Ivy League offers in the first place.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

I really doubt he's gonna walk on at UW when he has Ivy League offers. He'd have to be too dumb to be able to get those Ivy League offers in the first place.

Do ivies give full athletic schollies now? I know they never used to.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

They don’t, but theyoffer assistance other ways. Pretty much a scholarship without being called one
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    edited September 2018
    No one needs another white walk on from Mount Si or Meadowdale on the team.

Malik Braxton is white? Never met a white "Malik." But the missing apostrophe is concerning.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

They don’t, but theyoffer assistance other ways. Pretty much a scholarship without being called one
    This. But more importantly, it's a fucking Ivy League school.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739

I steered my kid away from the Ivy Leagues, and don't regret it for a second. Didn't want her majoring in Ethnic Studies and moving into my basement after graduation with 250k in student loans. Instead she's having the time of her life elsewhere, got a basketful of scholies and will graduate with zero debt.

Call it a humble-brag, that's fine. But given all the Ivy League dipshits and Mrs. degrees I've encountered through the years, I can say with certainty that those schools are vastly overrated and many are located in dull shithole towns. Blech.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I steered my kid away from the Ivy Leagues, and don't regret it for a second. Didn't want her majoring in Ethnic Studies and moving into my basement after graduation with 250k in student loans. Instead she's having the time of her life elsewhere, got a basketful of scholies and will graduate with zero debt.

Call it a humble-brag, that's fine. But given all the Ivy League dipshits and Mrs. degrees I've encountered through the years, I can say with certainty that those schools are vastly overrated and many are located in dull shithole towns. Blech.
    you sound ethnic?

pics?
  • Options

Kids choose competitive football programs over Ivy League schools all the tim.

I was recruited by Yale. My parents were too rich for me to get any gubmint assistance and way too damn poor to pay for me to go there.

Unless you're loaded, some type of minority or extreme poor/abundance where you can get massive assistance or you are majoring in something where you can make absolute bank going to an Ivy rarely makes tons of sense.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I was recruited by Yale. My parents were too rich for me to get any gubmint assistance and way too damn poor to pay for me to go there.

Unless you're loaded, some type of minority or extreme poor/abundance where you can get massive assistance or you are majoring in something where you can make absolute bank going to an Ivy rarely makes tons of sense.
    ROI on an Ivy undergrad degree is through the roof. If you turned down Yale, you done fucked up, son. Guy I played HS football with played football at Columbia - is now a partner at a Wall Street firm. Worked out pretty well for him.

Ivies are pretty much is very nice communities (Yale notwithstanding).

• Options
    AZDuck said:

ROI on an Ivy undergrad degree is through the roof. If you turned down Yale, you done fucked up, son. Guy I played HS football with played football at Columbia - is now a partner at a Wall Street firm. Worked out pretty well for him.

Ivies are pretty much is very nice communities (Yale notwithstanding).

I like how you missed the part where I said go to an Ivy if you're going to make in something where you can make bank. No shit go Ivy if you want business or finance of anything along those lines.

If you're majoring in anything that isn't going to set you up to make bank, might not be the best route unless you have the financing from home or gubmint.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I live in Palo Alto and I totally agree with this thread.

All the houses less than 15,000 square feet in size are the ones with cars that have Ivy League bumper stickers and I have yet to see a single McLaren with an Ivy League sticker on it. Total losers.

The Ivy League people are swimming get jobs too easily here...they aren't forced to be resourceful...LOL at some of them who are stupid enough to think that the bag loads of stock options and quarterly equity grants will even remotely make up for the lost awesomeness of going to a state school.