Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

I’m thinking what just went down with Kaho’s Dad won’t help our? chances of Pete offering. I imagine we? offer at some point this season, but his dad may be just as much to blame for the slow play.

His dad not asking for handout
    I know. He’s a radio personality and I doubt Pete loves that, especially when there are supposedly character questions. That is Pete’s nightmare scenario.
    I hope Pete finds a balance somewhere ... that HH can get behind.

because it's frustrating as fuck to see talent, relatively high character (again, what the fuck do I know? I'm just wishin' ...) kids seemingly pushed away because Pete is overwhelmingly risk/character adverse.

Yeah, I can understand that ... but sometimes you need a little bit of edge ... as others (TSIO) have said if Pete was here before we may have not gotten King, Vea etc ... and given those guys the opportunity to develop into the "OKG" that Pete preaches about.

Give these kids a chance Pete!
    I think that's the skrongest part of Dennis hysterically undulating argument. Pick X number of kids to make into OKGs.
    I don't know. It is a good argument. Then again there are different levels of asshole. Marcus Peters was a high level asshole that Pete's culture had no effect on. If they are a minor dick then okay give it a shot. The question is if Gee Scott is on that Marcus Peters level of assholery.
    If Petersen had been coaching Peters for 3-4 years instead of just one, do you think it might have worked out differently?
    I don't. Andy Reid has a lot of sand in his pockets, had Peters for 3 or 4 years and couldn't wait to dump him. The guy's mentally unstable.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

AIRWOLF said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

I’m thinking what just went down with Kaho’s Dad won’t help our? chances of Pete offering. I imagine we? offer at some point this season, but his dad may be just as much to blame for the slow play.

I know. He’s a radio personality and I doubt Pete loves that, especially when there are supposedly character questions. That is Pete’s nightmare scenario.

because it's frustrating as fuck to see talent, relatively high character (again, what the fuck do I know? I'm just wishin' ...) kids seemingly pushed away because Pete is overwhelmingly risk/character adverse.

Yeah, I can understand that ... but sometimes you need a little bit of edge ... as others (TSIO) have said if Pete was here before we may have not gotten King, Vea etc ... and given those guys the opportunity to develop into the "OKG" that Pete preaches about.

I think that's the skrongest part of Dennis hysterically undulating argument. Pick X number of kids to make into OKGs.
    I don't know. It is a good argument. Then again there are different levels of asshole. Marcus Peters was a high level asshole that Pete's culture had no effect on. If they are a minor dick then okay give it a shot. The question is if Gee Scott is on that Marcus Peters level of assholery.
    If Petersen had been coaching Peters for 3-4 years instead of just one, do you think it might have worked out differently?
    I don't. Andy Reid has a lot of sand in his pockets, had Peters for 3 or 4 years and couldn't wait to dump him. The guy's mentally unstable.
    I hear ya.

It's like being hooked up with a hot but crazy girl. Great sex but unsustainable relationship and not marriage material.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

AIRWOLF said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

Yeah, Peters is as edgy as a player gets. The guy is Pacman Jones without the murder.
    Not that we know off
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,037
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Taking an unofficial to Oregon for the 2nd week in a row, fwiw(bupkis).
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dtd said:

sounds like he's about to quack
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I'm sure he's already hearing great things about Oregon's next graduate transfer QB prospects.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    Meek said:

I'm sure he's already hearing great things about Oregon's next graduate transfer QB prospects.

Eason is still pretty good even though he got beat by haener.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

AIRWOLF said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

What decent pro-bowl CB is stable?
    Jason Seahorn
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,817
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck peterman. He won’t offer gee because he has an “attitude”. Fuck that noise as he drops 100+ yrds and 2 td’s on us and then pisses on the 50 yrd line.
    You don’t let talent like that walk, Pete needs to get over himself and realize he can’t win with just wokg’s. How many of those ‘16 kids would he have actually recruited.
    He wouldn’t have recruited jojo (which was his last real edge presence), nor Darrell, Kevin, Keishawn, Victor, Ross, Qualls, etc. he coached up these recruits but they were not his recruits.
    Adios Gee.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

whuggy said:

AIRWOLF said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

What decent pro-bowl CB is stable?
    Jason Seahorn
    ISAFNRC
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    edited October 2018
    Meek said:

dtd said:

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

dtd said:

Biggins or somebody just CBd him to tOSU I think
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    He's black. We won't offer.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2018
    In particular, Oregon is going after 4-star (0.9689) Gee Scott Jr. from Eastside Catholic in Sammamish (Wash.). The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder is ranked by the 247Composite as the No. 58 player and the No. 14 wide receiver in the nation. He has racked up almost 1,500 yards in his junior season, averaging 19 yards a catch on 74 receptions, per Maxpreps.

Scott took time recently to discuss his recruitment with ScoopDuck and to describe how his last couple of visits to Oregon have gone.

“I’ve visited Oregon twice this season; both times were great. The first time I was at Oregon was when they played against San Jose St.; that game was a good one to watch and take in the environment.

“The second time I was in Oregon was when they played against Stanford, and that was absolutely amazing. The atmosphere was insane. I was able to take in the football facilities a little bit, and it was good; it was a good visit.”

One Oregon coach in particular has been talking with Scott.

“I have been in communication with coach Tre Watson; he is a good dude. I am really close to him and we have a great relationship. ... He also (is) honest.”

It is still early in his recruitment, but some schools have been in contact with him a little more than others.

“I’ve been in contact with Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame and Oregon the most right now, but I still receive a lot of messages and phone calls from a ton of other schools as well.”

As for what he likes to do when he has some time off:

“I like to cut hair, whether it be for my family or for my friends, and I enjoy doing it. I also like to spend time with my family and just get away from football and school, because it can be overwhelming sometimes.”

edit: am now following this kid's dad on Twatter
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

In particular, Oregon is going after 4-star (0.9689) Gee Scott Jr. from Eastside Catholic in Sammamish (Wash.). The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder is ranked by the 247Composite as the No. 58 player and the No. 14 wide receiver in the nation. He has racked up almost 1,500 yards in his junior season, averaging 19 yards a catch on 74 receptions, per Maxpreps.

Scott took time recently to discuss his recruitment with ScoopDuck and to describe how his last couple of visits to Oregon have gone.

“I’ve visited Oregon twice this season; both times were great. The first time I was at Oregon was when they played against San Jose St.; that game was a good one to watch and take in the environment.

“The second time I was in Oregon was when they played against Stanford, and that was absolutely amazing. The atmosphere was insane. I was able to take in the football facilities a little bit, and it was good; it was a good visit.”

“I have been in communication with coach Tre Watson; he is a good dude. I am really close to him and we have a great relationship. ... He also (is) honest.”

It is still early in his recruitment, but some schools have been in contact with him a little more than others.

“I’ve been in contact with Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame and Oregon the most right now, but I still receive a lot of messages and phone calls from a ton of other schools as well.”

“I like to cut hair, whether it be for my family or for my friends, and I enjoy doing it. I also like to spend time with my family and just get away from football and school, because it can be overwhelming sometimes.”

Sucks for you.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Sucks for you.
    disagree. is hilarious
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Sucks for you.
    disagree. is hilarious
    He's a hater. I didn't like him long before I knew had a talented namesake. "Journalist" who believes he befriends players to get the chinside scoop. He's basically Black Roof for professionals instead of teen boys. Still a jock sniffer.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Sucks for you.
    disagree. is hilarious
    He's a hater. I didn't like him long before I knew had a talented namesake. "Journalist" who believes he befriends players to get the chinside scoop. He's basically Black Roof for professionals instead of teen boys. Still a jock sniffer.
    I'm not inviting him over for dinner y'know