Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Eason

After someone posted about how much success Eason had in the rough, tough SEC East (the little brother living off big brother’s reputation) in 2016 I thought I’d see if my impression that he was just ok bore out through SEC competition.

Meh.

Played 8 SEC games. Went 4-4. The 4 SEC wins came against teams with a combined 25-26 record.

50% completion rate. 136/271

Threw 34 times per game. Had 9 TDs in 8 games.

Number like that for a UW QB would get him killed here.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said the best memory UGA fans have of Eason is how well he handled being benched. Ouch.

I’m not saying Eason can’t be a great college QB. He wasn’t terrible as a freshman. I’m saying he’s done little to earn the level of optimism fans have. Maybe he wins the spot next year, and maybe he performs great and heads to the NFL. But if he does it will represent a massive improvement, which would be kind of amazing after two years of not playing.
Tagged:

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2018

After someone posted about how much success Eason had in the rough, tough SEC East (the little brother living off big brother’s reputation) in 2016 I thought I’d see if my impression that he was just ok bore out through SEC competition.

Meh.

Played 8 SEC games. Went 4-4. The 4 SEC wins came against teams with a combined 25-26 record.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said the best memory UGA fans have of Eason is how well he handled being benched. Ouch.

I’m not saying Eason can’t be a great college QB. He wasn’t terrible as a freshman. I’m saying he’s done little to earn the level of optimism fans have. Maybe he wins the spot next year, and maybe he performs great and heads to the NFL. But if he does it will represent a massive improvement, which would be kind of amazing after two years of not playing.

UGA that year was like Washington in 2015...critical peices got experience which led to a huge run.

Difference being that unlike Washington playing in a powder soft conference, Georgia was playing in the SEC. Not as forgiving. And Eason has the arm strength Browning can only dream of. Is Eason a guaranteed Heisman contender? No, but he should be solid.

All that said Pete starts Haener out of OKG process spite and Eason grad transfers to WSU

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    UGA that year was like Washington in 2015...critical peices got experience which led to a huge run.

Difference being that unlike Washington playing in a powder soft conference, Georgia was playing in the SEC. Not as forgiving. And Eason has the arm strength Browning can only dream of. Is Eason a guaranteed Heisman contender? No, but he should be solid.

All that said Pete starts Haener out of OKG process spite and Eason grad transfers to WSU
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Meh.

Well stated
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Meh.

I will let you on my bandwagon.

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    My impression...he was young I thought thrown straight into the fire tbh. Starting at that level in his first year in this league is Hard to say the least.

He made many mistakes but also was pretty impressive for his time there. Arm strength was off the charts. Mobility? Ehh

Thought he would be a helluva qb by year 3 or even 4 there with experience.
    SECDAWG said:

My impression...he was young I thought thrown straight into the fire tbh. Starting at that level in his first year in this league is Hard to say the least.

He made many mistakes but also was pretty impressive for his time there. Arm strength was off the charts. Mobility? Ehh

Thought he would be a helluva qb by year 3 or even 4 there with experience.

Fromm was younger and better.
    Eason got hurt. Fromm did great stepping up but Eason won the job to start obviously.

GA is loaded. They have someone breathing down Fromms back right now. No fault to Eason caus he had an injury. Unlike Hurts from Bama, Eason chose to leave. IMO he will be OK. ;)
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dawgman? UWDP? Ruth?
    SECDAWG said:

Eason got hurt. Fromm did great stepping up but Eason won the job to start obviously.

GA is loaded. They have someone breathing down Fromms back right now. No fault to Eason caus he had an injury. Unlike Hurts from Bama, Eason chose to leave. IMO he will be OK. ;)

Eason got hurt being stupid. It was his fault.

SECDAWG said:

Eason got hurt being stupid. It was his fault.
    Well hell, so did Nick Fitz. Shouldn’t play then buncha dumb fucks.
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm hearing that Washington in 2015 was like UGA in 2016.

But you never know, things could change.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Dawgman? UWDP? Ruth?

Worse.