Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ALL Salvon Ahmed USAGE DRIVE 10 WILL BLOW your mind!!! WITH GIFS!!!!

A look at Salvon Ahmed usage against Utah

UW 11 total offensive drives (excluding the Knees at end of both halves)

1st Drive: used as a fly motion H back decoy for Gaskin 38 yard TD Run.

https://gifs.com/gif/1st-drive-salvon-voVrGV

3rd Drive: w WTE Salvon is the singleback RB and Chico used as the fly motion decoy, 3 yards.

https://gifs.com/gif/salvon-3rd-drive-wmWvGJ

4th Drive: LB A gap blitz pass protection pickup. Goes low at both the LB and the NT on the play, probably should have been called for a chop block as Harris was engaged.

https://gifs.com/gif/salvon-4th-drive-Xo42Zk

5th Drive: Salvon again lined up a Hback, play action where salvon runs out the backside of the formation for a pass, covered well by LBers that never bite on the Gaskin play action.

https://gifs.com/gif/salvon-5th-drive-jqDNzW

8th Drive: Salvon lined up as WR, fly motion across formation as decoy for Gaskin run.

https://j.gifs.com/jqDNzW.gif

10th Drive: most usage in game. Play 2 is a forced run into a stacked box, play three play design is fucked.

Play 1 is some weird Judo pass blocking move.

https://gifs.com/gif/salvon-judo-pass-blocking-move-L84wjW

Play 2 is a forced run into a stacked box but with a possible cutback lane to his right that he misses

https://gifs.com/gif/salvon-possible-cut-outside-missed-1rRP0o

Play 3 is shit play design where Center is supposed to pull around the RG but the entire right side of the line seems to be blocking right and center is to fat and slow so he just fills the hole awkwardly and forces Salvon back into the LBers....

https://gifs.com/gif/salvon-play-design-jqDNXz

11th Drive: Salvon lined up as WR, fly motion across formation as decoy for Gaskin run.

https://gifs.com/gif/salvon-11th-drive-N94yVK

"Used" a total of 9 times, 3 times as a fly motion decoy, 2 times in pass protection, 3 times handed the ball, 1 pass route. 5 total yards. Thats it.

Basically seems to be used in the bullshit Chico decoy role that used to be reserved for Jordan Polk or Jaydon Mickens. very little rhyme or reason, almost no creativity to get the ball in space, no chance for rhythm, if this is how he is going to be used for the rest of his career I would rather they just move him to full time slot WR and have him on the field more.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I’m not sure Salvon is as good as most think he is. His vision isn’t great and he goes down on first contact way too much. We’re spoiled watching Gaskin who always seems to slip out of tackles, but still.

Agree on the lack of creativity getting him the ball, though. He’s dangerous in the open field.

This

Dude can fly....but he takes some viscous shots when he runs the ball because of his lack of vision.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fuck, on play 2 of 10th drive I think Browning saw the cutback lane based on his reaction.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,452
    Founders Club

I’m not sure Salvon is as good as most think he is. His vision isn’t great and he goes down on first contact way too much. We’re spoiled watching Gaskin who always seems to slip out of tackles, but still.

Agree on the lack of creativity getting him the ball, though. He’s dangerous in the open field.

I've been saying this for a while. Salvon is elite athletically. Like crazy fucking elite. The problem is that he's Napoleon Kaufman with @GrandpaSankey vision. It shows when he's in the backfield, and it sure as shit shows when he's returning kicks. I think his future might be at receiver. I'm actually concerned about our RB depth next year.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited September 2018

This is an RPO where the QB should have kept the ball when the end commited to the RB. Fucking brilliant call HamdPete! Fucktardisim at its finest.

Do you think the week leading up to the game, Utah made adjustments in practice, having their ends overcommit forcing Jake to run? It’s possible.

Should HamdPete stop calling RPO’s? Probably.

Also, these Gifs demonstrate what a bad ass Jaws is.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

This is an RPO where the QB should have kept the ball when the end commited to the RB. Fucking brilliant call HamdPete! Fucktardisim at its finest.

Do you think the week leading up to the game, Utah made adjustments in practice, having their ends overcommit forcing Jake to run? It’s possible.

Thank you, Mr. Kirkland.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Thank you, Mr. Kirkland.
    Mrs Kirkland. I’m pregnant with his child. Hopefully not twins
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm gonna bash Ahmed for trying to following his blocks through the huge hole sample is opening. He should have known Mcgeary would completely whiff his block after pushing the guy back two yards. We need a rb who always abandons the play before it develops and run straight into unblocked defenders.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Bread said:

I'm gonna bash Ahmed for trying to following his blocks through the huge hole sample is opening. He should have known Mcgeary would completely whiff his block after pushing the guy back two yards. We need a rb who always abandons the play before it develops and run straight into unblocked defenders.

I'm sensing some sarcasm on your part. Amitrite?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I've been saying this for a while. Salvon is elite athletically. Like crazy fucking elite. The problem is that he's Napoleon Kaufman with @GrandpaSankey vision. It shows when he's in the backfield, and it sure as shit shows when he's returning kicks. I think his future might be at receiver. I'm actually concerned about our RB depth next year.
    The most concerning thing to me about Salvon is midget McGrew seems to be just as effective at running out of the backfield as Salvon (yes i understand Mcgrew is significantly less of a home run hitter)

Atleast there is Pleasant who seems decent in the extremely limited action he has received.

If WE didnt have a complete fucktarded offensive system I would say that UW should look really hard at how the Patriots use their RBs out of the backfield, it seems like if Salvon is going to be successful it is going to be as a receiving back... Then again Chris Polk ran like a scarred pussy his freshman year and he turned into one of my favorite UW hard hitting, shit talking RBs.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Baseman said:

Are we looking at the same play, because it looks like to me the unblocked OLB is clearly staying home on Browning, for some fucking retarded reason, or am I getting wooshed?
    No woosh intended. Look at Browning’s reaction. The end froze. An athletic QB pulls it back and keeps running. Either way, we shouldn’t not use an RPO.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Thank you, Mr. Kirkland.
    Such fag, Base
  • Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Thank you, Mr. Kirkland.
    Such fag, Base
    Fuck off
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The OL was terrible this game. Chico and Salvon gonna get theirs if and when the
    OL shows up
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Houhusky said:

Baseman said:

Are we looking at the same play, because it looks like to me the unblocked OLB is clearly staying home on Browning, for some fucking retarded reason, or am I getting wooshed?
    No woosh intended. Look at Browning’s reaction. The end froze. An athletic QB pulls it back and keeps running. Either way, we shouldn’t not use an RPO.
    Browning made the right read there. And I wouldn't mind more RPOs (not read options), theoretically they fit Brownings 'skillset'
  • Options
    If not the D we? might lose this game. imagine this team with a gun slinger with an arm
  • Options
    The D is national elite type level but the O is subpar and pussyish need some brass ones on the O