Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I clearly don't know anything about football...

As I had would have given Ben and the LBs a D grade. Out of position (burned by play action, not physical enough (although improvement), horrible on passing coverage.

But then this happens:

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article218558070.html

The only group that was worse was the Offensive Line and Punter (don't get me started, hell keep Browning out there, he is a better punter)

I give up...

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Being white is a memory eraser. No matter how many dumb, lazy things you do or plays you can’t make - immediately after the game you are tuff, hard working, smart and have a high football IQ.

"warrior"
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Being white is a memory eraser. No matter how many dumb, lazy things you do or plays you can’t make - immediately after the game you are tuff, hard working, smart and have a high football IQ.

The Azeem/BBK double standard has to be one of my favorite DDY triggers. You aren't wrong though.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was listening to the Solid Verbal podcast (I know AIDs but there weren’t any new TSIO podcasts) and they were talking about how amazing BBK is.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

His stop of Huntley was pretty dope. Him getting burned by Huntley for that long run not so much...

Go watch the play again. It's man coverage and Tevis is running around with no clue what to do presnap. Sometimes you guys are simpletons looking for a whipping boy. The play was fucked from the start.
    Swaye's Wigwam

His stop of Huntley was pretty dope. Him getting burned by Huntley for that long run not so much...

Go watch the play again. It's man coverage and Tevis is running around with no clue what to do presnap. Sometimes you guys are simpletons looking for a whipping boy. The play was fucked from the start.
    BBK overpursues inside to the right of the center and then loses Huntley on contain while he should be spying him. That's how I remember it anyways.
    Swaye's Wigwam

BBK overpursues inside to the right of the center and then loses Huntley on contain while he should be spying him. That's how I remember it anyways.
    Pretty sure he thought Tevis would be there. Could have been a man/zone combo.

It definitely could have been BBK's fault. Just saying there was mass confusion before the snap. We weren't lined up right.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

We? talking about the same play here? I don't think Tevis is on the field. Benning is somewhere at the bottom of the picture. BBK takes 2 too many steps to his left, gets caught up in the slop and can't recover. Not sure what Gaines is doing either. He clearly has a read of some kind, but not sure what his responsibility turned into.

Swaye's Wigwam
    I mean, you can call me a simpleton and you won't be wrong but unless BBK is spying Huntley I don't know what else he's doing. Playing a middle zone over the top? In which case, he still fucked up the play. If he's playing man, then his responsibility is Huntley.

If he either 1) maintains his position to be able to have a downhill angle or 2) has the speed to recover then that run maybe* picks up the first but it doesn't go for 20+ yards. If you are going to make the argument that he's an "intellectual" football player that makes up for his athletic deficiencies with in-game intuition I don't think this play is the hill to die on.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018

We? talking about the same play here? I don't think Tevis is on the field. Benning is somewhere at the bottom of the picture. BBK takes 2 too many steps to his left, gets caught up in the slop and can't recover. Not sure what Gaines is doing either. He clearly has a read of some kind, but not sure what his responsibility turned into.

Yes. Tevis runs towards the Utah sideline after getting yelled at by a safety. I'm guessing a RB or TE was split out wide.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

BBK gets dragged way too often. He's an instinctual player though. You can make it a black/white thing but he's around the ball more than any LB in recent years, including Azeem and Bierria. Why do you guys think that is?

He’s the primary target of opposing OC’s.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This isn't the only time BBK get's caught in the slop. Happens too often, but maybe someone else is missing their assignment.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    BBK wasn't even paying attention to tevis. Benning was also confused and BBk points him to dropped back to zone/spy at the bottom of screen. He knew what benning was doing and still covered the same zone.

Benning and Tevis were off presnap but did their jobs during the play. BBK was spot on presnap and completely failed his job during the play.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

BBK gets dragged way too often. He's an instinctual player though. You can make it a black/white thing but he's around the ball more than any LB in recent years, including Azeem and Bierria. Why do you guys think that is?

He’s the primary target of opposing OC’s.
    You mean teams sometimes run between the tackles? Who knew?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Lunch pale kind of kid. The kind of kid you want for your daughter. High character kid.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

He's not even close to 2016 Azeem and he gets run over and dragged for extra yards. It doesn't fucking matter if he's "around the ball" and consistently giving up 7-8 yard gains that should be stopped for 4 yard gains. GTFO. Baffles me why you're the biggest BBK defender. Is he your boyfriend?