Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Secondary

2»

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Bread said:

Bread said:

Murphy looks better then jones but it also looks like he is putting in 70% effort when jones was always at 100%.

People ignore how much of an athletic freak king is. Doesnt matter how fundamentally sound anyone plays they aren't 6'3 with long arms, speed and hops. Auburn's first TD would have been a pick with him in millers place.

No one on the team is close to kings potential.

And I don't see any new kings coming in. MAYBE that 6'3 arizona corner?
    Hampton is a King clone.

He's the same size. But does he runs a 4.4 40, 3.9 shuttle, and 40 inch vertical?
    He looks every bit of a 4.4 guy to me. No idea on the shuttle.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Kevin King is the shit. He's basically what I imagine DDY to be. An athletic cerebral fast strategy freak from Compton with semi-feminine traits.

And he reps U-Dub hard.

Very underrated comment
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine what we could do with a 6'6" freak in the backfield!!
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

Murphy looks better then jones but it also looks like he is putting in 70% effort when jones was always at 100%.

People ignore how much of an athletic freak king is. Doesnt matter how fundamentally sound anyone plays they aren't 6'3 with long arms, speed and hops. Auburn's first TD would have been a pick with him in millers place.

Hampton is a King clone.

Physically perhaps, but will Hampton bring the wood in run support like King did? It's the same argument between Jones and Murphy. Murphy, more gifted; Jones, tuffer and way more physical in run support.

We? are too soft in general I am afraid, especially in the secondary.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dejounte Murray said he wanted to play rb or cb.

Another failure by pete to reel in a Big Back.
  • Options

Bread said:

Hampton is a King clone.

Physically perhaps, but will Hampton bring the wood in run support like King did? It's the same argument between Jones and Murphy. Murphy, more gifted; Jones, tuffer and way more physical in run support.

The secondary may not be 2016 but soft? TF? Rapp, JoJo, Bryant, Murphy and Joyner are all hitters. The only significant piece who isn’t a big hitter is Miller.

Our? LBs are soft, our? dbs are not.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Dejounte Murray said he wanted to play rb or cb.

Another failure by pete to reel in a Big Back.
    Oops. I meant in the defensive backfield. So the tallest CB in the NFL at present is 6'3". Tallest safety is 6'4".
  • Options

@Jack_Cobra is like some More_Cock/Spooge/Ballz bot mashup

I was thinking a mix of Reece23 and artdoggydogg
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

@Jack_Cobra is like some More_Cock/Spooge/Ballz bot mashup

I was thinking a mix of Reece23 and artdoggydogg
    Before my tim.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Bread said:

You didn't see King come in when he came in. Nobody gave a fuck about him. He was a gangly, awkward looking recruit, got moved to safety, and was roundly mocked here because he wasn't a good safety. He finally got a chance in the slot with this staff and everyone was shocked at how good he was.

Taylor is 6'2". Hampton is 6'3". They both look like better players than King did in his first two years.
    I actually remember most posters hating King his sophomore year.
  • Options

chuck said:

Bread said:

You didn't see King come in when he came in. Nobody gave a fuck about him. He was a gangly, awkward looking recruit, got moved to safety, and was roundly mocked here because he wasn't a good safety. He finally got a chance in the slot with this staff and everyone was shocked at how good he was.

Taylor is 6'2". Hampton is 6'3". They both look like better players than King did in his first two years.
    I

was one of them.

He was so hated that it took him a long time to ball out at corner before most of the bored started coming around on him. He was still criminally underrated as a senior.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Bread said:

Someone dig it up. I believe it was you or me who suggested he go to corner and @puppylove_sugarsteel went ballistic calling us fags. It was after the cactus bowl when King pussed out on a few hits. It was obvious he wasn't a safety
  • Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

Hampton is a King clone.

The secondary may not be 2016 but soft? TF? Rapp, JoJo, Bryant, Murphy and Joyner are all hitters. The only significant piece who isn’t a big hitter is Miller.

Our? LBs are soft, our? dbs are not.
    Myles Bryant has been our most physical DB this year. Rapp has also been physical. Has half of all team sacks.