Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I hate this fucking sports town

ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited September 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
I didn't go to UW, but my love for Husky football has always been deeper than the Mariners or the Seahawks for the simple fact that growing up my dad expected them to be great. They weren't, but that was the expectation. There were standards. I watched a lot of dogshit football being a kid in the 00's, but I always knew what the standard for Husky football was.

Now we've gotten to the point where Danny O'Neill is writing articles saying you're a bad fan if Jake Browning pisses you off. Fuck that. It's 2018. If you can't see that #3 is fucking garbage you shouldn't be allowed to watch football, let alone call yourself a good Husky fan.

I make a comment in the stands today after JB's second interception about his supposed elite accuracy, and some dipshit in front of me tells me to calm down, we're winning by 20.

I go on Twitter after the game and see some bitchass minor league baseball reporter that I follow for god knows what reason suggesting the same people that want Haener to start should also advocate for McGrew over Gaskin. And that it's hysterical to suggest somebody else take snaps at QB. I don't remember exactly what I said to him but I said something and he deleted his original tweet. Soft.

It's fucking ridiculous man. I love this program but I hate this fucking city and the pussy mentality the surrounds it.

Husky football should be great and I'm tired of feeling like an outlier for expecting as much. Fuck.

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I know man, it's fucking annoying. The good news is from 2019 and beyond, Petersen has no choice but to play a QB better than Browning.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Your the wurst kind of fan
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    BearsWiin said:

I stand with the bear on this one.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

BearsWiin said:

I heard you advertise for bears on Crageslist
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    mobey said:

BearsWiin said:

I heard you advertise for bears on Crageslist
    Die in hell
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    i will. i will defend jake's right to start as long as he's not injured. this is college football. and he came here when we were shit. and worked his ass off for the huskies and coach pete. and he took us from a shitty team in a shitty conference, to the top team in a conference with a positive outlook.

again. this is college football. these are young men. and coach pete has always been a do the right thing, let's do it the right way, find out kind of guys type coach. and this is it. you come to a school that's in the shitters, you put in 3 hard years. you deserve your shots at leading the team for this season. the UW football team has been very very very successful the last two years. if we're going to be a program that values hard work and commitment and years and dedication and rewards it. then we have to be ok with not chasing titles by making hyper aggressive moves. we continue to be the program coach CP has made us in to, we will win something along the line. and if we don't win it all? that's ok. do you know how many teams would kill for the chance to even play in a NY6 bowl? to even make the playoffs?to be in the conversation? to string out 10 win seasons for years?

so yes. i will defend jake's right to start. unless he's really really under performing or is injured. and that's the coach's call.

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

BlastDoor said:

BlastDoor said:

i will. i will defend jake's right to start as long as he's not injured. this is college football. and he came here when we were shit. and worked his ass off for the huskies and coach pete. and he took us from a shitty team in a shitty conference, to the top team in a conference with a positive outlook.

again. this is college football. these are young men. and coach pete has always been a do the right thing, let's do it the right way, find out kind of guys type coach. and this is it. you come to a school that's in the shitters, you put in 3 hard years. you deserve your shots at leading the team for this season. the UW football team has been very very very successful the last two years. if we're going to be a program that values hard work and commitment and years and dedication and rewards it. then we have to be ok with not chasing titles by making hyper aggressive moves. we continue to be the program coach CP has made us in to, we will win something along the line. and if we don't win it all? that's ok. do you know how many teams would kill for the chance to even play in a NY6 bowl? to even make the playoffs?to be in the conversation? to string out 10 win seasons for years?

so yes. i will defend jake's right to start. unless he's really really under performing or is injured. and that's the coach's call.

Who wrote that shit?!
    some random kid on reddit.

May he get ass cancer.
    Seriously. Might be the worst take I’ve read in the last year.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BlastDoor said:

What kind of entitled AAU pay to play bullshit is that?

Play the best fucking players. Period.

Fuck this orange slice bullshit.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

BlastDoor said:

BlastDoor said:

Who wrote that shit?!
    some random kid on reddit.

I've never been in a bar fight before but if it ever happens it's over Sark or Browning lol. It makes my fucking blood boil.
    I would not want to fight you in a bar.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I know man, it's fucking annoying. The good news is from 2019 and beyond, Petersen has no choice but to play a QB better than Browning.

2034 = Special
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BlastDoor said:

You've won the conference one fucking time! You're Cal under Tedford or ASU under Erickson until you're not.