Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the Bowling Green game

13»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

Balls fast true sophs getting open for 8 TDs and dropping 6 of them is actually an awesome thing. Redd is going to put up more stats in the passing game than DAT. What's not awesome is the senior LBs shitting all over the fucker carpet in run D and then getting praised like the fucking messiah because they bull rushed a 250lb offensive tackle. According to Oregon fans our lines were dominant, while we gave up more first downs and couldn't rush for more yards than bowling green? allowed in 8 games last year against whatever the fuck opponents they played. Run the ball, stop the run. WE didn't do either. I fucking hate Oregon football.

I don't know if there is another site where the posters are so unprepared when commenting about things they know nothing about and refuse to edify themselves by reading and research.

Oregon doesn't have "Senior LB's". They have ONE senior linebacker and he rotated in the game with a RS Freshman.

The coach addressed any linebacker problem that you might want to know about but then you don't care except to b!tch and belittle.
    dj is starting to figure this place out
    Once @DJDuck gets his reads down...
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

SUNDAY NOTEBOOK: THE DECISIVE MOMENTUM SHIFT, YOUNG PLAYMAKERS AND MORE

ROB MOSELEY

Passes were being dropped, tackles were being missed, and substitutions were chaotic.

No doubt, the first few minutes of Oregon's 2018 season opener provided some tense moments for Duck fans. But everything changed midway through the first quarter, after a pep talk from a member of the defensive coaching staff, and a big play from Oregon's Heisman Trophy contender at quarterback.

After falling behind by 10 points to Bowling Green on Saturday in Autzen Stadium, the UO football team scored the next 37 in a row on the way to a 58-24 victory. The offense got going thanks to a clutch, fourth-down TD pass from Justin Herbert, while the defense was galvanized by a sideline meeting with co-defensive coordinator Keith Heyward.

Bowling Green had just driven to a touchdown and a 10-0 lead — a series UO nose tackle Jordon Scott missed while having a minor injury addressed — when Heyward huddled the defense on the sideline and grabbed a white board. The Falcons had given the Ducks trouble with the way they used their tight ends as blockers in the run game, UO coach Mario Cristobal said, and ran plays out of empty backfield formations that forced UO linebackers into pass coverage.

That was made easier by the offense's breaking out of its own early game doldrums. After at least the third pass of the game already that a receiver had a shot at but couldn't bring down, Herbert faced fourth-and-14 at the Bowling Green 33-yard line with 3:18 left in the first quarter and the score still 10-0. His next attempt was a missile to Jaylon Redd in the end zone, which the sophomore receiver caught to spark the run of 37 straight points for the Ducks.

Just as the defense tightened up after that point, the offense was sharper as well, particularly the connection between Herbert and his wideouts.

"We just came out a little shaky; not sure why," sophomore receiver Johnny Johnson III said. "We just had to refocus, know what the plan was and what we wanted to get done."

Redd's touchdown reception was his first of two in the game, and continued a string of big plays for the sophomore since his late-season surge last fall.

Over his last three regular-season games, Redd has 186 yards on seven touches, averaging 26.6 yards. He also scored a touchdown in the Las Vegas Bowl. Redd's TD receptions of 33 and 48 yards Saturday capped a practice week in which he was a consistent playmaker, rebounding from two weeks of preseason camp during which he'd been sidelined.

"I had to get back healthy and get my mind right," Redd said. "Focus on everything that was going on, so I wasn't focused on an injury or anything like that, get my connection right again with my quarterback."

Redd also had a key block down the field on a 53-yard gain by Tony Brooks-James on a screen pass. He timed the block perfectly, waiting until he had the proper angle to avoid a block in the back.

The big plays helped Redd rebound from an early dropped pass Saturday, which did nothing to hurt Herbert's confidence in him on the fourth-down play that resulted in Oregons first touchdown.

"That was a big play for sure, but I knew I had a guy like Jaylon Redd out there," said Herbert, who surpassed 4,000 career passing yards in the game, and set a UO record for a season opener with his five TD passes.
    "He's a great receiver and he ran a good route. He's a guy you trust, and on fourth down you go to."
    Redd's big day resulted in limited reps for graduate transfer Tabari Hines, the other member of the two-deep at slot receiver. Despite those circumstances Saturday, Cristobal said, "we expect (Hines) to be a major player, and have a major role on this team."

The 53-yard gain on the screen pass by Brooks-James exceeded his rushing total for the game, though the senior was Oregon's starting running back.

Brooks-James finished with 27 rushing yards on five carries. That ended up fifth on the team, behind Herbert and also backup running backs CJ Verdell, Darrian Felix and Travis Dye. The only rushing touchdown from a running back was by yet another, Cyrus Habibi-Likio, and a sixth running back, Taj Griffin, accounted for the longest play of the day when he scampered 83 yards on another screen pass.

"We're all capable of doing what starting running backs are capable of doing," Felix said. "It is what it is; let's roll."

Dye was the first running back off the bench, replacing Brooks-James for the third series of the game — the one that ended with the touchdown pass to Redd on fourth down.

Like Redd, Dye was limited somewhat by a minor injury midway through preseason camp. But he returned with vigor over the last week or 10 days, demonstrating a fearless style and explosive cutting ability.

https://goducks.com/news/2018/9/2/football-sunday-notebook-the-decisive-momentum-shift-young-playmakers-and-more.aspx

It figures that's why your so f***ing ignorant.
    I’m about 5 seconds away from sending this link to your boss, Rob.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

dtd said:

Balls fast true sophs getting open for 8 TDs and dropping 6 of them is actually an awesome thing. Redd is going to put up more stats in the passing game than DAT. What's not awesome is the senior LBs shitting all over the fucker carpet in run D and then getting praised like the fucking messiah because they bull rushed a 250lb offensive tackle. According to Oregon fans our lines were dominant, while we gave up more first downs and couldn't rush for more yards than bowling green? allowed in 8 games last year against whatever the fuck opponents they played. Run the ball, stop the run. WE didn't do either. I fucking hate Oregon football.

I don't know if there is another site where the posters are so unprepared when commenting about things they know nothing about and refuse to edify themselves by reading and research.

Oregon doesn't have "Senior LB's". They have ONE senior linebacker and he rotated in the game with a RS Freshman.

The coach addressed any linebacker problem that you might want to know about but then you don't care except to b!tch and belittle.
    Apelu is a senior. Hollins is a senior.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018
    dtd said:

You obviously chose to be as ignorant as that other jerk and not read the article or you would have re
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

You're right but Hollins had a great game Apelu was average and Dye was inconsistent which is unusual for him. He missed the coverage on the RB for the TD just before half.

I believe Hollins played mostly defensive end last year .

I think our defense loses only 3 maybe four seniors. I believe we lose 2 Seniors on Offense and maybe Herbert to the NFL.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

dj is starting to figure this place out
    Once @DJDuck gets his reads down...
    Once Sven get his reads down, not sure the internet is prepared for that
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018
    DJDuck said:

You're right but Hollins had a great game Apelu was average and Dye was inconsistent which is unusual for him. He missed the coverage on the RB for the TD just before half.

I think our defense loses only 3 maybe four seniors. I believe we lose 2 Seniors on Offense and maybe Herbert to the NFL.

Hollins got trucked the entire first half in run D, but all people focus on in a couple plays he made against lead footed OL from Bowling Green.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

dtd said:

You obviously chose to be as ignorant as that other jerk and not read the article or you would have re
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

You obviously don't have this place dialed in yet. You should probably lurk around a little longer before resuming poasting. You should probably also PM IrishDuck22 and get some pointers, as he has this place dialed in.
  • Options
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Hollins got trucked the entire first half in run D, but all people focus on in a couple plays he made against lead footed OL from Bowling Green.
    Lets see Hollins got "trucked" the entire 1st half when Bowling Green had only 136 yds on the ground for the entire game and averaged 2.7 yds. per carry.........sure
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Lets see Hollins got "trucked" the entire 1st half when Bowling Green had only 136 yds on the ground for the entire game and averaged 2.7 yds. per carry.........sure
    Lol you sound like you care about a game against Bowling fucking Green.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Mods?

We've seen enough.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We have found Oregon’s strongarmcobra

The only difference...a lot you pussies defend cobra.

but Strongarm ballz Roof is our Mooster...and einhorn is finkle...

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018

We have found Oregon’s strongarmcobra

The only difference...a lot you pussies defend cobra.

Defend? We defend him like you would defend a retard from himself
  • Options

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Lol you sound like you care about a game against Bowling fucking Green.
    Just injecting truth into the blather.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

DJDuck said:

I was at Bowling Green Game it #3 son.

-The lack of penalties was great to see
    -Our Young running backs are awesome
    -Herbert was even better than his stats
    -DB play was inconsistent. They made great plays and then missed an assignment. Amadi is the only senior I believe mostly sophomores with a few freshmen, they will learn. Amadi, Graham, Breeze played well
    -Hollins, Troy Dye, Scott, Faoliu, Jelks are beasts
    -Jalen Redd is a weapon
    -Both Taj and TBJ had their amazing moments

Jalen Redd is a weapon? Weapons can catch the ball.

Tbj looked awful. What was his amazing moment?
    ntxduck said:

DJDuck said:

Yes Jaylon Redd is a great weapon. That you know nothing about Oregon's personnel. Keep that thought as Oregon goes through their season. You will find yourself as someone that made an ignorant statement because of miscues in the 1st game. Yea great recievers have never dropped a pass. He had some great catches too. The other thing other thing is that he can play multiple positions.

He had like 5 drops yesterday, including 2 easy touchdowns and 1 that led to a pick.
    Why do you post such blather.

You know how many "drops" Jaylon Redd had...............one damned drop. I watched the replay multiple times. So you are full of it. Johnny Johnson had three drops, two would have been touchdowns that is why they are memorable.

Jaylon Redd-#30

Johnny Johnson-#3

JJ made up for it with his amazing TD catch