Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

a lot of good and a lot of bad

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
The good is we finally have an OL and DL that can stand up against SEC competition. Our DL honestly was dominant in the run game, Auburn had to manufacture their running game through misdirection.
Also good: we finally have the makings of a workable WR unit.
Also good: no one in the pac-12 is going to stop us running the ball.

Bad: this was an incredible missed opportunity that will not come around often. better redzone play and that's a win. Bacellia not committing OPI, not turning the ball over. We still need a better QB and more speed at LB.

This is a team that had never been in that position before, hopefully they learn from those mistakes cause they're gonna have to. Auburn plays 2-3 of these games every year. Also the fourth quarter officiating if better could have very easily changed the outcome. How the fuck was the targeting call not reviewed? absolutely absurd.

This loss is a missed opportunity, but will not define our season. I'm almost certain that this team is better than last year's.

Comments

• Options
    JECAR said:

dhdawg said:

The good is we finally have an OL and DL that can stand up against SEC competition. Our DL honestly was dominant in the run game, Auburn had to manufacture their running game through misdirection.

Bad: this was an incredible missed opportunity that will not come around often. better redzone play and that's a win. Bacellia not committing OPI, not turning the ball over. We still need a better QB and more speed at LB.

This is a team that had never been in that position before, hopefully they learn from those mistakes cause they're gonna have to. Auburn plays 2-3 of these games every year. Also the fourth quarter officiating if better could have very easily changed the outcome. How the fuck was the targeting call not reviewed? absolutely absurd.

This loss is a missed opportunity, but will not define our season. I'm almost certain that this team is better than last year's.

It felt like a game that we? should have one. Instead, Browncock fucked us per the usual.
    browning was who he was today. We made too many mistakes as a team.

This team is good and deep enough to run the table in pac-12 play. losing any game other than oregon (due to the bye and back-to-back road game bs) would be completely unacceptable
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    JECAR said:

dhdawg said:

It felt like a game that we? should have one. Instead, Browncock fucked us per the usual.
    It definitely felt like we should have won but if I'm an Auburn fan, I'd feel like we should have been up by like 3 TDs
  • Options

JECAR said:

dhdawg said:

It definitely felt like we should have won but if I'm an Auburn fan, I'd feel like we should have been up by like 3 TDs
    we were a good 2-3 td's worse in the 1st half for sure.

We dominated the second half though.

It was a game of missed opportunities for both teams. It's also week 1 and both teams will look a lot different come november
  • Options

we fucking suck

after this team suffers a conference loss talk to me. If you are really going to define this team based on a road game across the country in week 1 that they had every opportunity to win that's fucking retarded

• Options

dhdawg said:

we fucking suck

after this team suffers a conference loss talk to me. If you are really going to define this team based on a road game across the country in week 1 that they had every opportunity to win that's fucking retarded

Hi. Beating a bunch of Pac-12 losers doesn't mean you don't fucking suck.
    suck relative to what. The general rule of CFB is to be great you either need to have elite recruiting (USC, Bama, etc) or a great QB. With browning our ceiling is maybe a NY6 bowl. We'll see about next year and beyond.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

we fucking suck

suck relative to what. The general rule of CFB is to be great you either need to have elite recruiting (USC, Bama, etc) or a great QB. With browning our ceiling is maybe a NY6 bowl. We'll see about next year and beyond.
    UW has made the playoffs with Brownsocks, but still
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018

JECAR said:

dhdawg said:

And I feel like Washington should have won by 10-14. Fuck
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,736
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

we fucking suck

UW has made the playoffs with Brownsocks, but still
    How’d that go?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Spot on with every point except the OL which was the difference in the game. Your not going to beat any top 10 team when a third to 40% of your plays on offense get blown up for loss/no gain on the ground or your qb having to do a fire drill b/c one of the defenses front four has come clean.

There is no one left on the schedule where we won't have the superior talent 1-22 and the better coaching staff.

If we lose one from here on out (and I think we will) all they will have to do is look in the mirror as the reason why.

But if UW plays like we did today, there isn't a team in the Pac-12 that stays with us.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited September 2018
    dhdawg said:

But how the fuck did Zach Ertz catch a touchdown pass out of bounds? Fuck off about the refs, zero sympathy.

You've been in that position before, against Bama and Penn State. No excuse for wilting under the bright lights.

Auburn can have some incredibly shitty years. We don't know yet if this is one of them.

Pete is a great coach, but not a top 5 coach. Browning still at the helm is inexcusable for a team that's claims to be seeking a playoff appearance.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I took away what I always take away from watching a Gus Mahlzahn offense. Unless he has an absolute super hero at running back they can't run the ball. That sniffer, formation superiority, and sub package shit is garbage. Aubbie will lose three or four games during the regular season this year. A fact about Gus is he has never recruited a QB out of high school that is even remotely serviceable. They are all transfers.

UW fans will think their D-line was great but it was more Gus than them. The LB play was mediocre to awful and that will lose them the Stanford game again.

Browning still blows cock and the WR's are a little better than expected.

UW loses two more along the way.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

I took away what I always take away from watching a Gus Mahlzahn offense. Unless he has an absolute super hero at running back they can't run the ball. That sniffer, formation superiority, and sub package shit is garbage. Aubbie will lose three or four games during the regular season this year. A fact about Gus is he has never recruited a QB out of high school that is even remotely serviceable. They are all transfers.

UW fans will think their D-line was great but it was more Gus than them. The LB play was mediocre to awful and that will lose them the Stanford game again.

Browning still blows cock and the WR's are a little better than expected.

UW loses two more along the way.

UW will lose again. Browning needs to go. He failed.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I agree. The emergence of Fuller and Pounds were huge. Fuller shredded their defense all game and it no longer embarrasses me to call him our #1 WR. Quite the opposite now. Meanwhile Pounds made the catch of the year and showed that last year’s highlight reel wasn’t a fluke. Ty looked alright, wasn’t remarkable, but nothing he showed suggests that he won’t continue to become a factor this year. We’re going to continue to wring our hands over Browning, which will predictably dominate the conversation on this site. But he actually has damn good WRs to throw the ball to, which I don’t think any of us were expecting coming into the year.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

JECAR said:

dhdawg said:

Well that’s just bullshit. Both teams made costly errors throughout the game, but this was as evenly matched as they come. It’s like you’re forgetting our 3 consecutive drives within the 10 yard line that we only squeezed three points out of.