Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The UW Doog Pod Episode 1 Doogs Gonna Doog!

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I shat myself with the fancy feast commercial.

Our pod is going to be the Superb Owl of pods.

Commercials will be the best part.

I shat myself with the fancy feast commercial.

I actually do wish I had a reaction video of all the shitpoasters on here when they hear the first commercials.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    2-inches of thunder thanks for the S/O swaye
    Swaye's Wigwam

I will say this: Doog Bot has a solid sports guy, podcast voice. Reminds me a bit of Bruce Feldman when I listen the Audible podcast. But great first attempt at this.

@Swaye definitely sounds like someone who grew up in the land of steers and queers. Kinda like a modern day Slim Pickens. It's weird hearing all these southern accents as Husky fans.

Also great to hear @RaceBannon 's voice back on the airwaves. For years his was the only Husky pod I knew of. Kind of make me feel like I was back in 2010 celebrating the Holiday Bowl win and thinking we were back.

I was both 1)Very amped up and 2) Very drunk for the beginning of the pod. I think the second half we settled in nicely and my drinking slowed back to a casual buzz. There's a noticeable reduction in my um's and ah's when I'm sober talking to Swaye the next day and only have a hangover to contend with. The first segment is the only real time I had to clean up a lot of pauses and breaks too.

Expect better flow but not better recording equipment in the future. Sobriety will most likely have a high level of variance with Swaye and myself moving forward.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I will say this: Doog Bot has a solid sports guy, podcast voice. Reminds me a bit of Bruce Feldman when I listen the Audible podcast. But great first attempt at this.

@Swaye definitely sounds like someone who grew up in the land of steers and queers. Kinda like a modern day Slim Pickens. It's weird hearing all these southern accents as Husky fans.

Also great to hear @RaceBannon 's voice back on the airwaves. For years his was the only Husky pod I knew of. Kind of make me feel like I was back in 2010 celebrating the Holiday Bowl win and thinking we were back.

I was both 1)Very amped up and 2) Very drunk for the beginning of the pod. I think the second half we settled in nicely and my drinking slowed back to a casual buzz. There's a noticeable reduction in my um's and ah's when I'm sober talking to Swaye the next day and only have a hangover to contend with. The first segment is the only real time I had to clean up a lot of pauses and breaks too.

Expect better flow but not better recording equipment in the future. Sobriety will most likely have a high level of variance with Swaye and myself moving forward.
    What he means is I'll be half drunk most pods and using a shit VOIP cell phone that sounds like it is inserted half into my ass with the other half being in a barrel and my fucked off accent will still be there and basically it will be a complete shitshow. Ladies love the accent though. They are usually drunk. And stupid. Just like I like them.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Having heard @swaye live now I think he will rival DDY for most un filtered podcast guest and/or host.
    Founders Club

Having heard @swaye live now I think he will rival DDY for most un filtered podcast guest and/or host.
    Hey, if I can't tell you guys about a partial stiffy while being felt up by a 200 pound TSA Agent with forearms like summer hams, who can I tell?
    Swaye's Wigwam

We call that the "color" commentary for the show.
    Founders Club

Swaye is what brought me out of retirement. I wanted to give back to the community or reservation if you prefer

lulz

Send beer.
    Founders Club

Cue red joke.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Cue red joke.
    You're my favorite affirmative action hire. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.