Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bailey "Music From the" Elder, 4* 2019 OL, Tacoma (Stadium), WA

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

This bored made fun of jews and gas chambers, POW's getting beaten in Vietnam, Oso mudslide deaths, child rapists and paraplegics, but mild retards is where we draw the line?

I totally forgot about this guy. So is he headed to Eastern or Portland State?

Maybe a walk-on chance at UW?

No chance in hell he's a walk-on. Has offers from Arizona and Virginia, plus a few MW offers.
    Given his personality makeup he and his family may highly desire to stay local.

He may actually take a Myles Bryant situation
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No chance in hell he's a walk-on. Has offers from Arizona and Virginia, plus a few MW offers.
    Could be a Myles Bryant walk-on/greyshirt situation though
    Only if he completely misplays his recruitment and all of his spots get filled.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230

animate said:

Swaye said:

This bored made fun of jews and gas chambers, POW's getting beaten in Vietnam, Oso mudslide deaths, child rapists and paraplegics, but mild retards is where we draw the line?

Its gotta be pretty frustrating for Bailey and his family not to have that dream UW offer after putting so much time and work into thus football thing.

Anytime in the last 25 years he would have been a huge pickup for us. But it just so happens for 2019 our OL recruiting became hugely more selective due to our recent success on the field and Huff's success on the trail.
    yeah, timing is important ... but at least if he were to choose a preferred-walkon leading to potential schollie a la Bryant ... at least he's going with a big time program.

it's an easier decision to make if you are going to run with the big dogs rather than take a front loaded position with lesser dogs.

if I had my son have a partial opportunity with the local big dogs (and getting bigger) and I wanted my son to be home so I can provide family support ... that's a huge decision.

Do I want him to go to Arizona where we may have no family support just so he can get a full schollie?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    animate said:

animate said:

Swaye said:

Its gotta be pretty frustrating for Bailey and his family not to have that dream UW offer after putting so much time and work into thus football thing.

Anytime in the last 25 years he would have been a huge pickup for us. But it just so happens for 2019 our OL recruiting became hugely more selective due to our recent success on the field and Huff's success on the trail.
    yeah, timing is important ... but at least if he were to choose a preferred-walkon leading to potential schollie a la Bryant ... at least he's going with a big time program.

it's an easier decision to make if you are going to run with the big dogs rather than take a front loaded position with lesser dogs.

if I had my son have a partial opportunity with the local big dogs (and getting bigger) and I wanted my son to be home so I can provide family support ... that's a huge decision.

Do I want him to go to Arizona where we may have no family support just so he can get a full schollie?
    I'd rather take his 529 and head to Thailand.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doesn't look like he signed. Walk on?
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doesn't look like he signed. Walk on?

Maybe we offered him as a PWO and his family is considering that possibility over a scholarship offer away from home. With his situation it may make more sense than going out of state or across state on scholarship.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    Probably holding out hope that some schools whiffed on top targets will have a spot open for him and will pick up some more offers, or that specifically uw will have a spot available after all the dominos have fallen
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dont HDR your Hope's up. Oregon state still doesnt have an Oline commit.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Given his disability, he probably qualifies for more academic scholarships than most high school students have access to. That can’t hurt our PWO pitch.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yeah his Junior film was really good, but he got kinda fat and lost a lot of explosiveness this year. Apparently his team didn't work out over the summer, but still.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    May be reading too much into it, but I’m sure the familiarity with a former coach was a big deal for his family to make sure it was the most comfort for their own minds.

• DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

May be reading too much into it, but I’m sure the familiarity with a former coach was a big deal for his family to make sure it was the most comfort for their own minds.

Also the closest school to home with an offer
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah his Junior film was really good, but he got kinda fat and lost a lot of explosiveness this year. Apparently his team didn't work out over the summer, but still.

It is important to work harder than ever each summer
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Committed to Simon Fraser

Hmmmm, seems like the kind of commitment that could be talked out of into a PWO. If his dad didn't hate us I'd like our chances a lot.

Big drop-off from Arizona offer to Simon Fucking Fraser.

Helps @Canadawg IMO.
    Sorry to bash a parent, but his dad seems like a doofus.